It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MidEast Countries Preparing for War!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
While the middle east controls oil and now has it's hands on nuclear weapons on top of an already extremist mentality...don't expect peace...

Things are heating up because everyone believes that they are safe from harm while they instigate war...Once the nukes start flying around left and right- inevitably everyone's in danger...There can be no peace when we're being led by ignorant war mongers.

Things are just beginning to hit the boiling point. Escalation will increase indefinitely. Countries talked about war left and right for months- now we're seeing troops being deployed, war games, and missile defense systems...someone has plans to attack someone else- I guarantee Iran is target number one.

Scary world we live in...None of us can do anything but sit back and watch the world destroy itself....

"If you want peace...Prepare for war"

[edit on 4/6/2008 by PimpyMcgibbins]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
While the middle east controls oil and now has it's hands on nuclear weapons on top of an already extremist mentality...don't expect peace...

Things are heating up because everyone believes that they are safe from harm while they instigate war...Once the nukes start flying around left and right- inevitably everyone's in danger...There can be no peace when we're being led by ignorant war mongers.

Things are just beginning to hit the boiling point. Escalation will increase indefinitely. Countries talked about war left and right for months- now we're seeing troops being deployed, war games, and missile defense systems...someone has plans to attack someone else- I guarantee Iran is target number one.

Scary world we live in...None of us can do anything but sit back and watch the world destroy itself....

"If you want peace...Prepare for war"

[edit on 4/6/2008 by PimpyMcgibbins]

PimpyMcgibbins - Please refrain from speaking at this time. Your perception is in developement. Don't be eager to spread a incomplete mentality. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlakSheep
None of us can do anything but sit back and watch the world destroy itself....

Pass the popcorn.

World de-population is about to begin.

The polar bears will be happier once global nuclear winter counters global warming and restores thier habitat.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hello, what is everyone talking about, this war has been going on, it is nothing new, it will continue to go on.

I remember the peace process since I was a little kid.

someone mentioned 1967. What about 1882 or 1916, 1917 or how about 1936-39, maybe 1947-48 or 1956 or 1958.......1983, 1987.

Yes the end of the world, when will it be.....this has been going on, perhaps if you wanted to bring religion into it you could go back to Moses or King David and Philistines (I mean palastinians) and Gods promise to the Israelites, which for all intents and purposes this is what it is about to the Israel.

PS the US has been involved and they are not going anywhere, so cry peace peace peace, but I say good luck to you. I pray for peace too....but there will be wars and rumors of wars but all these things must come to pass. it is written and so it will be.

Sound the alarm if you want, you will be sounding the same alarm next year because it was, has been and is ringing constantly. By the way the mention of the citizens and what about them, in Israel the citizens are the Army, they have made the decision to fight for their country and defend their schools and uphold their government becasuse they remember the blood that was spilled creating their country. I like peace but I would gladly fight for my country. Pick up the book 1776 and remember what it took for you to have your freedoms, instead of listening to some old hag like George Carlin tell you your freedoms are all imagined. If Gorege Washington were here I think Mr. Carlin would have an A-- Whooping coming.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by birchtree]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlakSheep
Things are just beginning to hit the boiling point. Escalation will increase indefinitely.

You are very right. Also take into account that peak oil will be reached within a limited amount of time:

In a rare moment of candor, Jeroen van der Veer, the chief executive of Royal Dutch Shell, acknowledged what many have long considered a forgone conclusion: the end of the oil era is almost upon us, and sooner than you might think. The Oil Drum retrieved an e-mail sent to all Shell employees in which the CEO admitted the obvious (emphasis ours):

"Regardless of which route we choose, the world's current predicament limits our maneuvering room. We are experiencing a step-change in the growth rate of energy demand due to population growth and economic development, and Shell estimates that after 2015 supplies of easy-to-access oil and gas will no longer keep up with demand."

By 2030 we will run out of our reserves. For the Western world that is no problem as the big corporations have already been working on substitutes for oil for many years. The one and only reason they won't reveal, is that the oil business is too profitable to abruptly end it. Apart from that, the political aspect of the oil business is of major importance too.

Imagine the Middle East in 20 years... big desserts without oil and full of nuclear arms. That is not gonna lead to peace. Add the Israelis and you'll get a perfect mix for war.

Report: New Nuclear Arms Race Possible

WASHINGTON (AP) — Saudi Arabia most likely would develop nuclear weapons if Iran acquires them, according to a report to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

High-level American diplomats in Riyadh with excellent access to Saudi decision-makers said an Iranian nuclear weapon frightens the Saudis "to their core" and would compel the Saudis to seek nuclear weapons, the report said. The American diplomats were not identified.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Frankly, I am surprised we haven't already given the Saudi's nukes. They seem to have as much control over us as Israel does.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Nuke the entire middle east and the problem is solved!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Frankly, I am surprised we haven't already given the Saudi's nukes. They seem to have as much control over us as Israel does.

No need, it appears:

Source

The defector's documents also showed that Riyadh had paid for Pakistan's bomb project and signed a pact that if Saudi Arabia were attacked with nuclear weapons, Pakistan would respond against the aggressor with its own nuclear arsenal.

The US suspects Saudi Arabia of having bought nuclear weapons already (from Pakistan).

Turkey, Jordan, Egypt and other Middle East countries are also considering to obtain nuclear weapons.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Given their track record, I'm surprised any of the Muslim Middle-Eastern countries want to attack Israel. Machoism, do you think? "Oh, hit me harder, please!"

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I wonder what will be better. Them fighting again now or waiting and fight when oil is that much more rare.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I would argue the exact opposite, although what you propose does still have a chance to happen. The end of peak oil in the ME should push most of the authoritarian Islamic nations into democracy. Why? The end of rentierism.

A rentier state is one which can derive large amounts of profit in industries in which they do not hold a comparative advantage over other nations. In other words, oil is worth so much, that it just does not matter how bad you are at extracting and refining it, you will always turn a large profit. This allows rentier states to provide comparatively well funded social programs, while still maintaining a slim (and in some cases non existent) tax rate. Thus, the political elite can effectively control society, all while suppressing any attempts to subvert their power, without angering enough of the populace to spark unrest or revolution.

The end of peak oil may leave a bunch of crazy groups with nukes (if they ever get that far). It will also hurt the well funded social programs, and low tax rates. As the former decreases and the latter increases, the populaces of these states will increasingly demand democratic reforms. This is the scary part. If some group begins to lose power they may use war as a catalyst to preserve their power.

In the end however, the risk of that situation creating a global conflict is relatively low. Regional conflicts will likely escalate for a short period, but it won't be long before the citizens have had enough, and demand more power in order to bring peace.

Another problem for democracy in the ME is the lack of (or suppression of) civil society. For democracy to take hold, civil society organizations are an almost integral (it can work without them) part of the process. I would argue that if we see a stronger civil society during the end of peak oil and ultimately rentier states, we will see a much more peaceful and effective transition to democracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join