It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MidEast Countries Preparing for War!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Source

Lebanon's army and resistance movement of Hezbollah are on high alert in southern Lebanon to be ready for any Israeli hostile moves.

The Lebanese army Commander Michel Suleiman put all military units in southern Lebanon on full alert, Lebanese daily as-Safir reported.

"Suleiman ordered the army to be ready to prevent any possible violation of the Lebanese coastal waters and targeting civilians by the Israeli army," the paper quoted informed sources speaking on condition of anonymity.

ME Times

AMMAN - Arab and Israeli rivals are preparing for the possibility of an imminent major war while simultaneously trying to talk down the rising tensions.

..snip...

The London-based Al-Quds al-Arabi on Wednesday quoted Syrian officials as saying Damascus was bracing for an Israeli attack by deploying three armored divisions and nine infantry brigades near Lebanon's Bekaa Valley and they have summoned up reserve forces.

..snip...

Nevertheless, the reported Syrian forces' movements coincide with Israeli preparations to hold the largest military maneuvers and nationwide drills since the end of its 2006 summer war against Lebanon's Hezbollah, which ended without the intended Israeli victory of crushing the Iran-backed Shiite guerrilla organization.

Coincidentally, or not, the April 6-10 war games and drills will start on the day the Syrian authorities are due to release their findings on the assassination of Hezbollah's top military commander Imad Mughnieh.

The Hezbollah organization, backed by Syria, has accused Israel of killing Mughnieh in a car bombing in Damascus in February. While Israel denied involvement, Hezbollah leaders have vowed to retaliate against Israel.

Israeli commentators speculated the release of the Syrian findings on Mughnieh's assassination will be tantamount to a signal for Hezbollah to take the revenge it promised Israel.

Defense Minister Ehud Barak apparently called off a planned visit to Germany next week because of the war games and, some Arab analysts say, an anticipated Hezbollah retaliation involving its Syrian and Iranian supporters.

Other developments:

JP

Apr 27, 2007

The IDF on Thursday held intensive training maneuvers in preparation for a feared Syrian attack on the Golan Heights.

Since the Second Lebanon War, Military Intelligence has claimed that war with Syria is now closer than ever, and the IDF is on heightened alert in the North in preparation for the possibility of a surprise attack.

and:

Source

They have learned that Iran has offered to deploy Revolutionary Guards on the Golan border with Israel by the end of summer, because as Najjar said at the signing: “We have a common front against Israel’s threats.”

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The fact that Israel is nowadays still at state of war with Syria, originates from the six-days war of 1967. Israel captured the Golan Heights from Syria and since then successfully defended the strategic territory against Syrian attempts to reconquer the mountains.
Are we at the brink of another war? I think we are. Syria has started deploying troops along its south/western borders for some time now, indicating they are preparing for a war.

The assassination of Mughnieh, which Syria suspects to be carried out by Israel has angered Hezbollah. Their chief, Hassan Nasrallah, has threated to strike back at Israel. Israel takes his threat very serious as he's known to be a man of his word.

Israel starts it biggest war exercise in history today. Remarkable is that Saudi Arabia and Kuwait urged their citizens to leave Lebanon.
Moreover, according to multiple news sources Hezbollah has been fully rearmed and has now access to missiles that are capable of striking deep into Israeli territory.

The situation is getting pretty bad for Israel. The war of 2006 that brought great destruction upon Lebanon, brought Hezbollah and the Lebanese army closer together and are now both preparing and prepared for war in the southern areas of Lebanon.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Source

Israel's defense minister, citing tensions with Syria and Lebanon, postponed a visit to Germany.

Ehud Barak was to have traveled to Berlin this for strategic talks about the Middle East but postoned the trip indefinitely, aides said.

Barak was reluctant to leave Israel, they said, during a nationwide war drill which coincides with concern that there could be a new conflagration with Lebanese Hezbollah or its Syrian patrons.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Lebanon prepares for war.
Syria calls up its reserves.
Israel starts largest war games in their history.
Saudi Arabia warned to prepare for nuclear fallout.

This should be an interesting week.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Karl,
No mention of Iran...No way war flashes in mideast without them getting hit. I think we can safely add them to your list. Get your gas now! I hope US is not involved if anything does happen.

BP

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Yes you are correct.

Patreus accuses Iran of green zone attacks.
Cheney accuses Iran of trying to enrich uranium.
China discloses Iran's nuclear secrets.....

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
To add to Karl's list:

U.S. warships deployed off Lebanon
Saudi Arabia advised its citizens to leave Lebanon.
Hezbollah's leader, Sheik Hassan Nasrallah, threatened Israel with "open war"

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
US needs to get troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan. The last thing we need is to waste more money and weopons in the mideast. But if conflict does break out and we are in anyway attacked then most Americans will believe ...if it is war they want then war they shall have.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Sadly, the more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that we are behind this teamed up with Israel to bring about justification for an attack on Iran before the end of the year.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well, whether we are behind it or not I am sure everyone will say we are(and probably be right). Maybe that being the case we might as well be. Any conflict over there and price of gas is going to skyrocket.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Israel will not attack Syria or Lebanon unless they are themselves attacked first. Israel may strike Iran's nuclear sites, However that may be to big of a task for even the great IDF because of the distance and they would need permission from Turkey and the U.S.. As things stand now Israel has the nuclear deterrent and a good missile defence so they may decide to not hit them and try to get the U.S. to remove the threat if it can even be done now at all with all the fallout concerns.
Turkey did let them fly over there territory to hit the Syrian nuclear site, However they had no nuclear material there yet and they did not have to worry about the fallout.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Things are really heating up over there...Anyone heard anything on the news?
I remember before the war in Iraq there was tons of news coverage.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
God damnit, why on Gods green earth would you start a war?
A few individuals are in charge of millions of lives. Why isn't there someone in the world that will demand that these countries sit down and talk their differences out. I know they hate eachother to the bone, but what about the citizens that are innocent? I have grown up knownig that war would erupt in the Middle East. I think that its time. After this next Great War, the world will change. It has too!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is good news! Wait, no, it's not. Why wasn't there more outrage a couple years back when Israel leveled Lebbanon? I though we were closer to all-out war then.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Could it be that thoughs countries are simply close to the American Blitzkreig ? I mean consider this, if your room mate day after day came home beating people up, wouldn't you get a bat just incase? $.02 -

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
For those who haven't seen this site yet, its a great inside scoop as to the crisis in the middle east.

crossfirewar.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Olmert to Syria: Don't worry about drills!

""The goal of the exercise is to check the authorities' ability to carry out their duties in time of emergency and for preparing the home front for different scenarios," Olmert said at the start of a weekly cabinet meeting.

"As far as I know, the Syrians know this and there is no need to give the exercise a different interpretation," Olmert said. "

Riiiight...

Ooops! Link helps... www.presstv.ir...

[edit on 4/6/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
We just don't learn do we ?? WAR WAR WAR !!! what about Peace Peace Peace!! Ha yep right We all know that the worlds pop is too big and needs to be culled not very nice but very true AND How do the GOV do this?? with WAR It's like being back at school He said this and she said that But we are not at school any more people The people with power and money will live on as many of us will go hungry and die That is a fact and we all know it deep down

Just going out side to dig my bunker and stock up on food Thank god i live in Australia it will take some time for it to reach down here

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by duffster

The governments are not doing wars as a means of population control. As a rule, wars are very inefficient at lowering population. After all, the deadliest war ever, WWII, only killed 50 million out of a global population of 2 billion.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
With our troops already in the mid east, it seems like the perfect time for conflict to arise over there.

with troops already over there when an all out war begins, all the US would need to do is reinstate the draft while the rest of the military is already over there fighting...

right or wrong, it seems like if this were part of some master plan, the next year or two would seem to be the ideal time for War to break out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join