It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I convince someone to prepare?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
What is the best evidence i can share with my family members to convince then to get ready for nwo, martial law? My brother will not believe me for some reason and i think its for his own good to prepare. we talk about guns alot and he loves his 22 but i tell him he will need more knock down power, then he ask what for? well i try to explain and all i hear is grow up. any suggestions or real evidence i can show him that its real close to a shtf sit?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Try to sit him down and explain it. If he accepts it, fine. If not, leave it alone. Do not shove it down someones throat. Also, things might not happen the way you think they will. Don't be overly worried and paranoid about the stuff.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
No one, including you, knows fore sure what's going to happen. That being said, I'm still "ALL FOR" being prepared.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Not really what you could call evidence, but global conflicts (ongoing) have been increasing in frequency over the past ten years - about a dozen (more or less) since 2000.

Comparing that with previous decades, such as the 90's with only 4 conflicts, that's 4 times as many wars.

Infact, more wars have been started (and are continuing) in this century than all the conflicts since 1975 combined.

Okay, maybe i'm deliberately misrepresenting the facts, but trust me - if you can figure out where to look, you can find something to support your cause.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Since you are convinced there is something to be prepared for, as previously mention in the thread, lay it down for him, and chose carefully how you choose to present your case.

If what you are to tell him is so important, he will probably understand.

Either he is dumb, for not seeing it your way, or vice versa.

As you mentioned, your brother doesn`t believe you, and don`t take it quite as serious as you, and therefor i think you can`t "Convince" him.

I think that kind of effort is concidered brainwashing..

Free will.. aparently what the NWO and all of the rest of em is all about deminishing, you can`t make the mistake of beeing their puppet, and using their own methods....

..think about it.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
well I can honestly tell you that mentioning small amount of Conspiracy Facts and stuff you can mention that will just sit in his head....By all means do no shout info at him if he doesn't want to know...By mentioning Small amount of government corruption...And weather changes it will sub consciouly stay with his mind and help him open up over time...

Find some info that interests them and show him that there is more to it that what he see...Then after a while he will be coming to you...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This New World Order thing, how will it come about ?

What will actually change ?

Won't a One World Government, One type of Currency (if thats a part of the New World Order)and all the other things brought down to one make it easier for visiting aliens ? I mean if u go to a planet for a holiday/vacation, you would want to travel around and maybe buy some souvenirs too.

I never bought into the New World Order thing. I guess I don't think it'll happen and if it does it'll be better than the world now. We in the First World get to do things that those in the Third World can only dream of.

New World Order FTW!!!!!!!oneoneone

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

Get ready? Martial law was declared in 1863. Since when do you have to "prep" people for it? We are in it.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

There's probably nothing you can do to convince anyone to be prepared for disaster. I am and have been a survivalist long before it was fashionable.

What bothers me is that my family and friends laugh and say they will just come to my house if there is a disaster and they need anything. IMO that is not a good attitude.

I could not turn my family away but they will be rationed. They are welcome to eat my food but I will ration them and not allow any waste or over indulgence.

I am not paranoid.......just prepared.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sometimes it is up to us to prepare for the people we love. All my family thinks im crazy to save water, mres and ammo. I know that I cant turn them to our side, so it is up to me to prepare for them aswell. Some of us have the instinct and some of us dont. I hope I never have to tell them "I told you so" but if I do at least they will not be hungry and will be well protected.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

There's probably nothing you can do to convince anyone to be prepared for disaster. I am and have been a survivalist long before it was fashionable.

What bothers me is that my family and friends laugh and say they will just come to my house if there is a disaster and they need anything. IMO that is not a good attitude.

I could not turn my family away but they will be rationed. They are welcome to eat my food but I will ration them and not allow any waste or over indulgence.

I am not paranoid.......just prepared.

I couldn't agree more...They tend to laugh and Dismis till it actually happens then its too late....You are right to be Prepared...And if their is a possiblity of it happening How can One be Paranoid..?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
thats my problem, they laugh and make fun. today me and my brother went to a gun show where i purchased a case of ammo 7.62x39 ($200.00)wow prices have went up in one month. but anyway he said i could save lots of money by buying a brick of 22 ammo just to shoot. i said its not for target practice its in case of a shtf situation. again the laughs there is no way the gov. can go house to house all over america collecting guns, just not enough man power. kinds see his point there, but anyway i still will stock up on canned foods and water. i just hate knowing i will have to share because someone in the family was ignorant.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Believe me im in the same shoes, Most everybody I meet or ever talk to about these subjects will get a smirk on their face. Most people just dont believe that anything bad can or ever will happen, they just go about their lives thinking thell wake up tomorrow and everything will be the same, Most days everything is the same but people like us realize that one day we might wake up and our lives will never be the same. Like I said I am the only one in my family and friends who has this mindset and im afraid I just dont have the money to save food and water for my friends or distant family. When the SHTF I am only looking out for a handful of people and all my friends who I have tried to warn will be turned away Im afraid that I just cant take care of their familys to.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Here is how you convince someone of the truth, no matter what the subject may be.

First off, you have to be convinced yourself of what you consider the truth to be. In doing that you have to learn about what laws our government has passed any why.

Is there such a thing as the “New World Order”?

Yes, obtain the quotes and sources of the presidents and other government and financial leaders that have stated the exact phrase, “New World Order.” Start with President Bush Senior.

Define what a New World Order is

O.K., so a lot of people talk about a “New World Order”, what exactly are they talking about? Here is where it all begins and this is the most crucial part of getting someone to understand the real truth (whatever it may be). To define something is to give it purpose. Without purpose, no one can be convince of any truth. As the saying goes, “He didn’t commit the crime because he had no motive.” The answer to this question lies in World War Two. It is easily verifiable that World War Two was the international race to be the first world power to obtain nuclear weapons. Start with learning about why Germany invaded the Netherlands and about the heavy water factory there and the covert operations designed to destroy it. Watch the movies that have since been made about it

People who do not believe in the New World Order are people who do not understand how truly devastating nuclear weapons really are. You need to learn yourself about how deadly and powerful and long lasting the effects are of nuclear weapons.

Once the truth has been agreed upon about the origins of World War Two and the race for the Atomic Bomb and how dangerous nuclear weapons are then you can proceed to a history lesson of events that have transpired after World War Two.

The Cold War, what was it really all about?

This question is all ready answered for most people when they lean about the dangers of nuclear weapons. But it must be clarified that world domination is the real goal of most governments following the events of World War Two. To start here remind people what General Patton said about the Russians after Germany was defeated. He remarked that we should immediately attack the Russians while we still had the chance. General Patton let the cat out of the bag and was known for being someone who couldn’t control his mouth. General Patton fully understood what World War Two was really all about (Atomic Weapons). He understood what would happen if we allowed Russia to become another Nazi Germany with possession of Atomic Weapons.

Why battle Germany during World War Two only to allow Russia to take their place for World War Three? In reflection of the Cold War, it seems that General Patton understood things very well didn’t he?

Ever since World War Two dominant industrial countries have been trying to gain control and influence over each other. This is what the cold war was all about. Communism however lacked the strength and flexibility of the capitalist financial system. Russia didn’t really stand a chance and that is why they dissolved communism. You have to get the facts across about the cold war and why our government has been fighting wars ever since World War Two. To do this, you need to watch the movie Red Dawn on the collectors edition DVD recently released. On that DVD is a psudo documentary about why the movie was made and who politically backed its production.

Manipulation of the media and the masses.

Once you have established why governments have been trying to influence and gain control of smaller ones (nuclear weapons control) then you move on to science and technology in relation to psychology. During the cold war many studies were done by government and the private sector in regard to marketing and propaganda. The cold war was in essence the fight for influence over others. Our capitalistic system greatly enhanced our governmental advantage in this field. Russia had no hopes of competing in this arena. Our marketing and propaganda machines are masterful in their methods of manipulation and psudo control.

It was learned through the cold war and psychology that the public at large need not be convinced of these complicated truths about nuclear weapons and the need to control their use and proliferation. All that is really necessary is to use current events to propose threats in a more basic and fundamental way so that the public is simply concerned with immediate matters on a day to day basis. It was becoming to tiresome and complicated to constantly say to the public, “The Russians are bad, they have enough nukes to kill the world 10 times over”.

Instead, it is much more engaging and productive to fight the greater war in the context of the immediacy of particular battles and struggle. Use the first Iraqi war the cooperation of the military with the media for this point. Research why our military wanted inbeded reporters on the fields of battle. Research why our government constantly touted the phrase, “Weapons of Mass destruction.” Don’t do this in the normal manner. Instead, research the usage of catch phrases in politics. You need to explain why everyone, not just the president, used the specific term, “Weapons of Mass Destruction.” You need to get the point across of the complete usage of brain washing techniques within government and the mass media.

Complete Control of World Governments is for the Peace and Security of All.

This is the final point, but not the end of it. People are trying to instill the New World Order for the same reason that government have always been fighting to dominate the globe. Money, Power, and Influence are on everyone’s minds. But they are always sold to the general public as the best means for securing what any particular group of people need or want. For instance, our government admits that our military goals for attacking Iraq have been achieved, however, it is insisted upon that we must stay in the country to ensure “stability within the region.” In essence, we are told that we cannot leave Iraq because if we do then someone else with gain control over the oil resources of Iraq and we can’t let that happen.

If you remember, our military leaders also said the same thing about Somalia when the Blackhawk Down incidents were going on in the 1990's. They claimed that we “must” stay in Somalia for “Stability of the Region”.

Basically you have to get the idea across that even our own military leaders have always wanted to attack more countries and to stay there indefinitely no matter who it is we are fighting. From General Patton in world war two wanting to attack the Russians to military leaders claiming that Vietnam and Somalia were places that we simply “had to stay in” for “stability of the region.” You have to get the truth across that “stability” is simply the modern socially acceptable word for “control.”

It’s not all a bad thing

The last truth to get across and agree upon is that the New World Order is not seen as a bad thing by everyone. Nuclear Weapons are bad and no one wants to see millions of people killed because some rag head thinks that we are all possessed by the devil. General Patton was a war monger, yes, but he was right about a great many things. The allies saved the entire world from global domination by the axis powers. Anyone who thinks that the New World Order is a lie only needs to examine history. It is widely believed that the New World Order is the only real option that we have as a world if any of us want to survive at all.

You have to remember that military planners have been faced with the real prospect that our world faces complete and utter annihilation. The human species is absolutely under the threat of complete extinction in many peoples minds.

World War Two was the race to be the first country to gain Atomic Weapons. The New World Order is widely believed to be the race to prevent these weapons from completely destroying the entire world.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
thanks for your info that was very helpful and thanks to everyone else for jiving your input. by the way who did politically back red dawn and why?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I know how frustrating it must be to share your view with people you love and care about.

I'm on the other side of the spectrum and see the next few years in a completely different light, yet it seems impossible to reach some people who have a "I don't give a rat's a$$" kind of attitude.

A good friend of mine told me, "You can't carry everyone. All you can do is plant a seed of knowledge and let it grow."

She's right. Despite you and I having two totally different perspectives of what may happen in the next few years, her advice hits the nail squarely on the head.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Wow- you should probably first ask him how much has he done and if he feels like he should prepare- guage his reaction. If you just sit him down and insist upon doing it your way you will sound like a paranoid Chicken Little. You may have to consider a back up plan where you go bail him and his family out and take them in if you cant convince him.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Aside from sharing your thoughts, there is not a lot you can do to convince someone that something is going to happen. If seeing people trapped without any supplies during Katrina wasnt enough to convince anyone to be prepared, anything you say probably wont do it either.

The key is to make sure YOU are prepared. I personally have 2 preparedness kits, each with enough supplies for 5 people, even though, realistically, if I were to ever need them it would only be for 2 people.

The idea is, for me anyway, to take care of myself and my loved ones first, but to do whatever I can to help others as well.

yes, it can be very frustrating to feel like the weight of preparation is on you, but saving one life would be worth years of preparation and maintanence in my mind.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

why use knock down heavy hitters silenced 22 =one shot kill at the base of the skull silent quick and efficient cost priceless.you cant help them to prepare them as they believe that the world is in good hands and nothing you say or do will change their minds-the old saying is "it ain't real until i see it for myself "by then it is too late the barbarians have already battered down the doors.

new topics

top topics

join