It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Standard Operating Procedure - what are we doing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
What are we really doing over in Iraq? I've seen a few videos addressing some very concerning issues... Seems like our boys and girls have some form of dimensia or something... Standard Operating Procedure is a movie, full synopsis below, that details some of these events.. Below that I link some other videos which show other disturbing acts in Iraq... I mean I support our men and women, but I do not support this type of thing... Might have a lot to do why people hate us, because really it only takes 1 bad seed to ruin it for the rest... Unfortunately everyone focuses on the 1 bad seed and not the rest...

Trailer

Is it possible for a photograph to change the world? Photographs taken by soldiers in Abu Ghraib prison changed the war in Iraq and changed Americas image of itself. Yet, a central mystery remains. Did the notorious Abu Ghraib photographs constitute evidence of systematic abuse by the American military, or were they documenting the aberrant behavior of a few bad apples? We set out to examine the context of these photographs. Why were they taken? What was happening outside the frame? We talked directly to the soldiers who took the photographs and who were in the photographs. Who are these people? What were they thinking? Over two years of investigation, we amassed a million and a half words of interview transcript, thousands of pages of unredacted reports, and hundreds of photographs. The story of Abu Ghraib is still shrouded in moral ambiguity, but it is clear what happened there. The Abu Ghraib photographs serve as both an expose and a coverup. An expose, because the photographs offer us a glimpse of the horror of Abu Ghraib; and a coverup because they convinced journalists and readers they had seen everything, that there was no need to look further. In recent news reports, we have learned about the destruction of the Abu Zubaydah interrogation tapes. A coverup. It has been front page news. But the coverup at Abu Ghraib involved thousands of prisoners and hundreds of soldiers. We are still learning about the extent of it. Many journalists have asked about the smoking gun of Abu Ghraib. It is the wrong question. As Philip Gourevitch has commented, Abu Ghraib is the smoking gun. The underlying question that we still have not resolved, four years after the scandal: how could American values become so compromised that Abu Ghraiband the subsequent coverupcould happen? Source

I think the conspiracy is that our troops don't know why they are there and/or they are running around without direction.. If this is true is this the reason and if so why? If they aren't needed there then why are they there?

Why are we there?

What the heck are they thinking? Have they lost it?

And again lets not forget the good ones!!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
we know what were doing over there. i ship over in a few months for a year and know what im doing and what were doing over there. let me enlighten you on what you dont see on CNN OR ABC

video 1

video 2

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by v.i.p.e.r

Thanks for sharing your videos... Don't get me wrong, I'm just concerned because you don't hear anything really about the war unless it's negative... I know more than not you guys know what you're doing... Just wish the bad things we see didn't happen... Wish the war was over...

Would you mind sharing what you are doing over there?

join