It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to begin selling Iraqi oil for $50 per barrel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
thinkink

Well no really see, look at the prices of oil right now almost 120 dollars a barrel if not by the end of the week due to speculations and problems in the UK.

Then look a the prices we are paying for gas right now, actually the gouging to match oil prices has been kept at minimal.

But watch out for the US oil companies earnings to come out this week, they have been reaping outrageous earnings since 9/11.

Now why the gas prices are higher but not as high as they could be with 120 dollars a barrel of oil? while the oil barons still are reaping this profits?

Because is all about the refinery the money is made during the refining and that is when this oil barons are reaping all that money.

So actually we have not seen anything yet of what we could be paying at the pump with the oil prices so high.

Why? because is election year, wait when elections are over and we are going to be hit by a big gas prices surprise.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

This story ties together a lot of recent head-of-state diplomatic missions and other news stories...

There are plans to reopen the oil pipeline route from the Kirkuk oilfields in Northern Iraq to Rutba and on to Ashkelon in Israel, crossing Jordanian and Syrian territories which would enable that 3million barrels per day to be exported to terminals in the most efficient way

I snipped your quote for space, but wanted to let you know that your post makes the most sense I have ever heard on this topic. I admit, ME/Oil issues are so hard for me to understand, I usually end up getting a headache.

Anyway, I hope this article IS true. It would make more sense to me than some of the other theories floating about. I fee3l awful for hoping it is true though, but my sister and I are getting hit really hard by this economy. It sucks, but if lower gas prices are in the future due to this, then I am going to feel nothing but relief.

Of course I will still read this site, because I learn something new every day here!!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If this should actually be true it would prove that we actually went to war over the oil not WMD. While I would like to see prices stabilized and weakened I have a hard time with the fact that we invaded a country just for the greed of the oil companies.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

Maybe you fail to see that they didn't invad Iraq for U.S. people's good but to make BIG money and the higher the barrel is the more money they make...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I was going to say... This will not happen. Right now at 120+ a barrel, the oil companies and the Jeff Gannon customers in the White House are raking it in. Why would they give that up?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join