It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlton Heston dead at 84

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Charlton Heston dead at 84

biz.yahoo.com

Legendary actor, civil rights leader and political activist Charlton Heston passed away today, at the age of 84.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I will always remember him for his great role in the "Planet of the Apes", and his great leadership of the NRA. What a sad loss. RIP

biz.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

whoa whoa whoa!!! I thought he already died !!!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Soylent Green was shown in an environmental studies course I took in college. Keep swimming, maybe we can get away!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I will always remember him for his great role in the "Planet of the Apes", and his great leadership of the NRA. What a sad loss. RIP

I don't know why, but that was one of the funniest quotes I've ever read. I know it's wrong, so you can hold all of those chastising comments, but I must admit that I got a really good chuckle out of it.

White Moses, he will be missed.

(edit to clarify.... He will not be missed by me, but I'm sure someone will miss him.)

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Yeah, he was great in Bowling for Columbine wasn't he? :shk:

C'ya Charlie!

Say hi to Ronnie Ray-gun for us, we know you both wound up in the same place...or should I say wound down...

[edit on 6-4-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Sad, RR, he was an all-time-great actor, and gun-hugger. I like how he
shut the door on Michael Moore, in 'Bowling for Columbine'!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Is he really dead? Or will he suddenly re-appear as have many on tv or a major movie in the future?

If he has indeed passed, he will be missed.

RIP

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I thought a respectful tribute, was written in another thread by AnAbsoluteCreation

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seeya Chuck.
Rest in Peace.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
So goosdawg, which one of us gets to pry that gun out of his cold, dead hands? Should we have a lottery? Draw straws?

I've got my crowbar and pliers all ready to go...

[edit on 4/6/2008 by The Nighthawk]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Funny ( Sad) how when someone dies that have a different political view that some on the left wish bad for them. Then bring someone else in with it.

How about some of you Hotdogs going through me to get his gun?

Roper

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Roper

Decorum? We don't need no stinking decorum...

I grew up watching his movies, not just the big ones we've all seen, but the ones that I can't even remember the names of. I, for one, will miss him.

Think maybe I'll watch "Ten Commandments" again today. Just to say goodbye.

Miss ya, Chuck.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yes, I read about this on the yahoo news last night. What an icon he was...

Seagull, maybe I'll come watch the 10 Commandments with you, they don't make them like they used to do they?

RIP Charles

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I was deeply touched as a child by the Ten Commandments, I am sad to see him leave this planet but was glad to hear that his loving wife of 63 years was by his side comforting him at the end.

Respect and Blessings to a fellow traveler.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

Let him keep it, he'll need it where he's going...

BTW, Soylent Green is delicious...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yes, R.I.P. I never did get a chance to watch the movie or read the book, 'Ben Hur'. I guess it's time for a moment to appreciate old timers.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm an Omega Man man, myself. Planet of the Apes was epic at the time. Still a good nostalgic watch. He will always be young in the films.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
Funny ( Sad) how when someone dies that have a different political view that some on the left wish bad for them. Then bring someone else in with it.

Doesn't leave a doubt as to who the classy ones are now though. Does it?

It is always sad when people go....

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I've always noticed that people who attest to the 'low class-ess' of others, or the 'high class-ness' of one's self never really have much class to begin with.

Just because the man is now dead doesn't mean my feelings for his acting, or his personal or political beliefs change.

He was a horrible actor. He over-acted in everything he did. Even when he played in a brief cameo role he felt he needed to hog the screen. Not only is that annoying, but it pulls people out of a movie. You no longer believe you're there, instead you think "man, what a bad actor!"

And he had little respect or taste when it came to when and where to preach his pro-gun agenda. Personally, I believe that we should be allowed to own and carry guns, with proper care. However, Mr. Heston took tragedy and attempted to turn it into pro-gun propaganda. He held little respect for people undergoing the tragedy, and insisted on being an opportunist.

And, if he didn't have control of the NRA's agenda, then he was nothing but a figurehead with no real pull in his organization. If that's true, then I have even less respect for him.

But, if you insist on judging me based on those ideas, then just call me school in the summer time:

No Class!!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

You know you've only to ask, Jen. You bring the popcorn...and we'll watch it twice. Yul Brenner, Charleton Heston, and a great, great story. What the hey, Ben Hur, too. Do it up right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join