It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO France, very strange.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by icblue
back in you can clearly make out the shape of a plane.

100% a plane

i myself have been fooled by landing lights many a time, but you can clearly see it's a plane at the end of the video

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
IMHO: The light is too bright to be landing lights. I live in the flight path of an Airport in which UPS jets are descending. The landing lights at night are not that bright and this video is in the day. The wing lights even with the landing lights on are still very visible. This object never flashes any lights which is unusual. The one thing I do agree on is it appears to take a more plane shape (banking) towards the end. It appears the object completely disappears in a matter of seconds.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I love the people who start off their post by saying, "oh, this is real..." We know it's "real", but a "real" what? (A real hoax, a real ufo, a real plane?)

This is a great post because of the people who were able to decipher it as being a plane. Towards the end of the video, when the "ufo" turns "solid", you can see that it is a plane. You can also see the blinking airplane light.

Why did those guys who pointed this out not get stars for that? (I gave them stars). Didn't they help us see the truth? That's awesome.

I have seen many planes look exactly like that as they are approaching. It looks as if there is a bright light in the sky that isn't moving, or maybe getting larger. Then the plane starts to turn and you can then see it was a plane.

But if something doesn't support our fantasies we disregard it? If someone's reply to a post doesn't perpetuate what we want to believe we ignore it?

We should want to know the truth, not only the things that support what we want to believe.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Electro38]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That wouldn't happen to be last night? (April 5th/Morning of April 6th)

I saw something quite similar a bit later on at night. About 2am

It looked a lot like this, in the way it was motionless, was a red-yellow sort of glow. It was also pulsating, going from quite faint to about as bright as the moon. Very strange.

Sorry, no pictures from me, but looked very interesting through a pair of binoculars.

This was in Northern Ireland, looking East, over the Mourne Mountains. I have a view of the entire range, and was over the central part of the mountains from my view.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Makkuri]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yes, looks like a plane. First you see the lights of the plane. They can be very very bright when they are straight in the line of the viewer. He also zooms to much, maybe with a digital zoom, which distorts everything.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Okay, I'm not a big expert on this stuff but I thought I saw more than one UFO in that video.
At first I see what looks like a ball of light at quite a distance and then the light starts to get dimmer and we see what looks like a regular UFO, the person zooms out and zooms in to the left and we see something that was flying to the left, Now it looked like a clear UFO to me after the light dimmed down, Now i'm pretty sure that we know many people have seen things such as ufo's take the form of a ball of light of some sort they've seen them close up and far away, They've even seen them go into a body of water.
I think the video could have been better if they stayed to the left a little longer and didn't move the camera around, wobbling and such.
I see more than one flying object in the video.
When they zoom back in it looks to be getting blurry and it could have been edited or a certain feature of the camera.
When it goes to the left I see a black flying object and it didn't light up or glow at all but it flashed a light in the back once or twice and at first I see in the upper right corner as it flys to the left there was sort of a small black spot it was hard to see any better with all the clouds and it could have been another or a larger flying object.
The glowing object looked to not be moving at all as the object to the left was going left if the first object wasn't moving that way it probably wasn't a plane it had to be coming towards the camera or away from it, I think it was too far away to be turning as the object to the left had been and it was glowing a lot more, The cloud moved across it and it might have moved slightly or it was just the one filming it moving around too much but that's not a biggie.
The object to the left could have been a ufo too it didn't flash that much at all really and it was shaped sort of thin in the middle and big on the sides, we only got a glimpse of it as clouds passed over it, it sort of looked like a hover car sort of but a bit different, people have claimed to see that kind and we have seen them painted and drawn in art before.
Then as it zooms out from the flying object on the left I see a small black object go down quite fast into an area by trees so something could have landed there.
Then it cuts to somewhere in the sky to the right i'm guessing, and still sees sort of a ufo type object and the glowing object at first we can't really see, well we might have seen it still but it may not have been glowing it looked like a star sort of and then it just came in, So my conclusion is that there was one or so ufos there and would need further study for more info. but I don't think it would be a good idea to study it too much...Also, I still can't be very sure of what it is.
I don't have working speakers at the current time if there was anything that was needed to hear, So I just studied the video
And so on...
Where exactly was this video taken if you don't mind me asking?
Also, what's it titled?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
then its a glowing plane ?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
I love the people who start off their post by saying, "oh, this is real..." We know it's "real", but a "real" what? (A real hoax, a real ufo, a real plane?)

This is a great post because of the people who were able to decipher it as being a plane. Towards the end of the video, when the "ufo" turns "solid", you can see that it is a plane. You can also see the blinking airplane light.

Why did those guys who pointed this out not get stars for that? (I gave them stars). Didn't they help us see the truth? That's awesome.

I have seen many planes look exactly like that as they are approaching. It looks as if there is a bright light in the sky that isn't moving, or maybe getting larger. Then the plane starts to turn and you can then see it was a plane.

But if something doesn't support our fantasies we disregard it? If someone's reply to a post doesn't perpetuate what we want to believe we ignore it?

We should want to know the truth, not only the things that support what we want to believe.

Perhaps we should all be quiet while esperts like you tell us the truth? At the beginning I thought landing lights too but I was puzzled black rectangle that the lights were coming out of. PLEASE do not laugh at people telling you their honest opinions as that is all this is.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
I believe it to be a plane flying away from the camera banked to its left.

The sun from the left is reflecting a large glow over the large cross-like surface of the banked plane providing us with the illusion of a different structure.

The plane is clearly visible flying away as it straighten out of the banking manouvre with the glow now gone due to the new postition in relation to the sun.

Interestingly, the cameraman zoomed in at this section but then immediately zoomed out once the structure of the plane was clearly visible. Maybe I'm being cynical but in the world of the Ufological Cash Cow I feel I have to be.

[edit on 6/4/2008 by skibtz]

Interesting, and to be clear I do see the plane shape but is it the plane headlights flying towards the camera or a reflection off of the top of the plane? If it's both I find that a little too convinent as it seems to be an overcast day.

Cash cow huh? You think all these supossed UFO youtube type videos are making money? Can you explain that because I haven't been paying for my viewing pleasure.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hey, I wonder if some of these UFO vids are capturing plasma-stealth technology added to conventional military aircrafts? Reference this link, in which Jane's defense said a plasma-cloaked aircraft would "glow like a lightbulb":

The claims are given credence by corroborating information on the status of Russian aerospace plasma research acquired by Jane's Defence Weekly last year. Russian work in the use of plasmas that purported to reduce aircraft drag by as much as 30% was collated by British Aerospace (BAe) in the mid-1990s. BAe has since been trying to verify the Russian claims in experiments carried out jointly with the UK Defence Evaluation and Research Agency (DERA) and the UK Ministry of Defence (JDW 17 June 1998).

One of the spin-offs of 'plasma aerodynamics', Russian officials told BAe, was that it vastly reduced an aircraft's RCS. The absorption of radio waves by plasmas is well known as the communications black-out that a space vehicle encounters on re-entry is caused by the shielding effects of plasma. This builds naturally in front of the spacecraft as it hits the Earth's atmosphere and shocks the air to high temperature.

The same principle applies to the absorption of radar energy. Although the aircraft would appear to glow like a lightbulb, using plasma generators all around the airframe, it would be almost invisible on a radar screen, Russian officials maintain. (emphasis added)
www.aeronautics.ru...

What do you guys think? Whatever that craft is, it certainly seems to glow, much brighter than landing lights. I live a mile away from Pensacola NAS and I see plenty of landing lights every day - this video looks like something else. Good find!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by muriaz

I havnt even finished reading the post and saw your comment...........Dude are you serious??????????????:puz
lane lights?,you sound like the US government.Since when did planes turn off their lights and take off in the opposite direction at extremly high speed???

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
First of all, I really wish the camera person had a steady hand! With that said, when the UFO appears to shoot off, it is in fact the camera guy making big jerky movements, almost as if hes trying to give the impression that the UFO is moving. For me, thats a big worry. Im not saying the footage itself is fake, just that maybe its an attempt at deliberate misidentification.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Its a bloody aeroplane, Case closed

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Edit: is a plane... just caught the port strobe flashing as the camera goes downwards off the darker shape.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by GhostR1der]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

I agree with you,and your experince is appreciated,its funny that everytime we on ATS get a REAL UFO pic,everyone says NO,ITS NOT REAL ITS A PLANE!Come on,there i no such plane publically known by ANY GOVERNMENT that can pull off that maneuver.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thats the best looking UFO plane I ever did see.

Thats an amazing video in my mind, cant comment on the effect the camera is having but it appears very similar to the Florida UFO which I think is one of the best video's of all time.

HarrY

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hmm, interesting video, I just wish the videographer had a darn tripod or a steadier hand. O well can get all we want now eh?

My take: Yes it could be a plane with landing lights, lets try to pursue that idea 1st, and entertain any other idea that come along.

What it most likely isn't:

►Planet or star (it changes intensity among other reasons)

►A satellite or ISS flare (its too close and appears to be too large)

So if we pursue the landing lights idea, Every light source, whether from a strobe, a spotlight or the sun, has a certain COLOR TEMPERATURE indicative of the source of the light. If it is a landing light, this should be consistent with the color temps of a high intensity discharge or similar type of light for airplane landing.

Can we use this to determine or rule out any possibilities?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
INteresting video.

At first it looks like a pear shaped weather balloon, reflecting white n bright in the sun being videotaped. but it moves different from what one would expect a weather balloon to be doing, plus its just a tad too low for a weather balloon.

I initially when looking at the white UFO it goes from white to a solid shape that reminds me a lot of the "jello mold" shaped UFO people have described. It seems to have a thick center disc shape and to protrusions or bulges one for the top of the craft and one on the bottom. So at that point I'm thinking UFO.

However the Airplane banking hypothesis seems to fit at one point where the UFO changes from a solid shape to a cross like shape which looks like the fuselage wings and even the tail on the lower right side of the cross like object. Once it disapears into the fog or marine layer of clouds or whatever it looks like a plane to me.

I do have to admit though that the white flaring triangular object in the first half of the video looks too bright and odd to be a plane.

THe jury is still out for me on this one favoring the plane theory. does make some weird shape changes though. maybe video evidence...possibly... for UFO being able to mask their appearance to look like our craft.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

Originally posted by weemadmental
Its a bloody aeroplane, Case closed

ANyone can just blurt out "OMG its a bloody plane-case closed", sheesh i can blurt out anything I want too like: OMG it's Santa holding a maglite and his reindeers jeez people
". But the hard part is proving things, or at least an attempt at proof, either proving your case (that it's an airplane), or disproving other peoples claims that its an intelligently operated craft.

It adds nothing to the thread when new members blurt out their unfounded and unproven opinions. If you DO have proof to your claim, other than your 'feelings' on the matter, please post them, and I retract all I've said above.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by GhostR1der

I agree with you,and your experince is appreciated,its funny that everytime we on ATS get a REAL UFO pic,everyone says NO,ITS NOT REAL ITS A PLANE!Come on,there i no such plane publically known by ANY GOVERNMENT that can pull off that maneuver.

What manoevure? If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, then that "manoevure" is actually the camera moving - not the UFO.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join