It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason the government banned ephedra?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Did the government ban ephedra because intensive use of it can unlock the brain's ability to access the Third Eye and enable us to experience spiritual visions and what I believe to be remote viewing? Has anyone else experienced these side effects of ephedra use? Note: ephedra can still be purchased as one of the ingredients in over the counter asthma medication.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

I live in one of the reasons most plagued by meth labs...the effects of this trade are very tragic, so, yes, I very much believe the official reason given for the ban which was to cut down on meth production.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Never heard of this before and it sounds pretty interesting.

Do you have any sources for ephedra helping to bring about remote viewing?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
As I understand it Ephedra was banned after heart-attacks and all kinds of medical complications. It is a natural amphetamine ... the pounds were dropping off people while their heart-rate skyrocketed.

It's entirely possible for the mind to go through altered states on amphetamines. Could the third eye be opened? I wouldn't think so : I've yet to hear of any drug that will open your real third eye, maybe give you a peek past the dimensional veil but that's about it. Could ephedra have put people past the veil? Probably. Just like many people have OD'd on Cocaine and had OOBE's.

Good thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
ephedra is nothing more than a stimulant, it doesnt produce anything romotely close to a spiritual or third eye trip. In my own experiance that is, but it is good for losing weight which may be the reason, eat less=less money

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I think you might be on to something... I never put the two together but I think that could be one of the reasons. I don't believe the govt is worried about our health anyway. There has to be other reasons why they yanked them up ( just my opinion).

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by imysbbad

The government is the people and is derived from support from the people (i.e. "we live here, too, you know"), of course they care about our health. Do they do as good of a job as they should? Probably not, but who does?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Meh..I took the stuff (white crosses) and no, nothing spiritual...but I did feel like Niel Pert was doing and hour long solo in my rib cage so me thinks THATS why they baned it. I was in good shape but if someone not so healthy used it it would play hell on the heart.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants
I took that stuff back in the late 70's whenever I got a bad cold. Learned about it while in the military stationed in Korea. Little white pills. Cheap speed substitute if you needed help staying awake too, particularly when combined with lots of coffee. Take too much and your head will feel like an exploding migraine.

Now of course humans are turning the stuff into meth. Yuck. Someone on that stuff ain't having a 3rd eye experience ~ they are having a psychotic freak out episode because their brain is short-circuiting.

Now, as far as this 3rd eye opening phenomenon ~ I do know what teacher plant does just that, when administered properly. I hesitate to mention her identity here, not being certain if doing so is such a good idea. (and probably for another thread anyhow) Those that have already been (properly) introduced to her know what I speak of.

Nope, nothing conspiratorial in restricting Ephedra, other than to hamper those meth monkeys. Nothing enlightening in the stuff either.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by whitecastle

I am sorry to have to tell you this, but ephedra and ephedrine are two different things. Ephedrine is synthetic and used in the production of meth, and is now under stronger restrictions but can still be purchased easily, two bottles of 100 at a time. Ephedrine is an active alkloid of the ephedra plant , so it is derived from the plant, but not the same thing.

Ephedra is a natural leaf, not used for making meth, but it is a stimulant, deemed unsafe for humans in the US, it causes numerous health problems which include sudden death by heart attack, stroke, and heat stroke.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I took ephedra for about 6 years, I opened many a capsule and what is inside the capsule is crushed leaves. I would open them and dump a little bit out, because I would 'crash' off them and need to take another, but because my heart would already be pounding out of my chest, I took a little bit out of the capsule first. Dumb, I know. I was so upset when they took them off the market! I went out and bought all I could find of them, I have some friends who did the same thing, and eventually ran out. My rapid heartbeart continued. Weeks went by, and my blood pressure went crazy, my heart would feel as though it was stopping at times, you could feel it in my pulse! I made a couple of trips to the emergency room, thinking my heart was going to bust! They would hook my up to a monitor, it would show my extremly fast heartbeat, after a few hours I would be sent home and told to contact my doctor. My doc ordered a 'stress echo' test to see if my heart was damaged. It is. I know it is a direct result of using Ephedra.

Results like mine are why ephedra is off the market, no conspiracy, just saving lives like mine.

Previous posters mention taking 'white crosses' , those are EPHEDRINE, what meth is made of.

BTW, I took quite a bit of the stuff, and never had visions or a third eye sense or anything of that nature. I am a very open minded person and would love to find a pill that opened my 3rd eye, but alas, ephedra is not that pill.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by whitecastle

Sorry, but I am one of one's that believe the NWO are out to get rid of us and , chemtrails, 911 inside job, etc..... If the govt yanks something away from us, something is UP!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by imysbbad

Well, think of it as a protection from law suits instead of concern for the citizens. I don't think the government gives 2 hoots about the health of the people.

I think that Epehdra was removed from the market to try and slow down the meth epidemic as well. It is out of control and it really does turn people into zombie criminals.

google faces of meth sometimes. That is not the face of enlightenment.
images.google.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The only thing I've ever done that actually may have opened my third eye or been real close to it was back in the early 80s.- pharmaceutical ecstasy!! (mdma)
Wouldn't dare try it now, who knows what its made of. But- at the time I tried it, it wasn't illegal. It was absolutely awesome. It was originally used to treat severely depressed people & then became illegal when it got out there in the public--they don't want everyone to be feeling THAT good, do they??
Other hallucinogens may produce a similar effect

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Just because something is natural does not mean it is safe.

There are lots of ways to develop the 'third eye' and have spiritually stimulating experiences without drugs. The most effective ways take some work and some time, but they're not hazardous to your health.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
While many drugs can have the effect to as described 'open the third eye' All known methods have a reverse balance and close the eye tighter than before. Some effects are irreversible and I warn everyone before attempting to avoid the "short cuts" there are not true shortcuts to get around the work.

Even the much coveted preparation of the "little book" that is sweet in the mouth and bitter in the belly will cause the closing afterwards. Having specific experience and knowledge in the preparation and use, I would still avoid it at all costs. Be aware that the "little book" was a sacred right that sacrificed the ability of one, for the betterment of all.

No drug is the way, and there is a reason both chemically and spiritually, they will not work to permanently achieve the vision. Drugs should be shunned and avoided in any work.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
At one time I was taking 10 ephedra a day, just to get high and work. I had a physical job, and ephedra turned me into an animal, doing the work of ten men. I never had a spiritual experience on it though. Although If I touched my own skin, I would feel it for five minutes afterwards.

Once the truck drivers started dying from the stuff, I got off it. At least it wasn't addicting.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
the reason why it was banned IMHO is that meth is made by people very easily in garage/trailer etc. and not shipped in by the CIA they loose money to the meth trade because its homegrown this is why I believe you never see the "This is what happens to you after HEROIN" billboards anywhere its always anti meth because the cia dont make a penny off of it. its long been known that the cia has been importing coc aine/heroin so I dont see this theory as being too far off.

maybe it just because I live in texas and is somewhat well known for meth problems but all the anti drug adds are for meth never for heroin or coke.

interesting linkof new anti meth campaign

[edit on 6-4-2008 by 911fnord]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I used to take Ephedrin before soccer games and being someone who has used quite a few substances in my time; I'd put it up there with any other high level stimulant. That stuff would get me going faster then the energizer bunny, not only did I notice it but my parents called me a chicken running around with its head chopped off. Basically ephedrin(ephedra) gives you a bigger boost then coc aine ever could; I later heard about the major league pitcher dieing from its use and stopped taking it. This drug should be banned and has nothing to do with the untaxable Meth conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think there is some confusion i this thread between ephedra and ephedrine (maybe even pseudoephedrine). Heck i'm a little confused myself. To my knowledge ephedrine and psuedo-ephedrine are phrarmacetical compounds similar to the alkaloids found in the natural ephedra. I've heard of people making speed out of ephedrine and pseudo-ephedrine but never ephedra.

Psuedo-ephedrine is the brand name Sudafed and the off label stuff like it. In most places now you have to ask and sign for it anywhere that sells it. I remember ephedrine used to be sold in little blister packs at most convenient stores. And i'd take it while on a long drive.

Ephedra to my knowledge is the crushed leaves of the plant. It has a similar effect but always felt more natural. They used to have it in stackers and these things called yellow jackets (this was only 4 or 5 years ago). I'd take it while working a really physical job and work like a madman. There were nights where everyone on the shift took one and the bossman wondered what the heck was going on.

I knew anything that did that couldn't be good for you in the long term but was young and in pretty good shape and alway drank tons of water.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join