It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

two strange objects I found in PIA00094_modest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
One looks like a face with a body and the other some strange tube.

What do you think?

original: click me

zoom:click me

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ramb0,

I see the face, the tube - no.

But I must confess that the first picture looks like a 'quarry' more than a typical moon crater. The higher edges are squarred off around the rim - if the zoom is used this is clear. This is strange as major craters are rounded in formation around the rim - this appears to be tampered with.

Richard Hoagland would be proud / jealous!!

Give him a call!

Brei.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
this is a picture taen in a quarry or in a desert, bot from the moon

Wee Mad Mental !!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Weemadmental - I have to say that you have the best video on ATS. Very funny - you have to tell me where you got it (and please don't tell me its real) lol.

However, this is not a photo of a quarry or desert on earth.

I have seen some photos of meteror craters with edged sides on the Moon and Mars (some of them were from John Lear and some from Richard Hoagland himself).

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
What are the white streaks in the background sky?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

Sure looks like a moon picture to me.That being said,R.Hoagland would be proud of this.I read Dark Mission ,and there are tons of anomalies on the moon,at least thats what Hoagland says.Some of the pics in the book are truly fascinating.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Um I dont see anything here other than an extremely zoomed in picture of some moon rocks that may have a shape of a human face.you can see anything in those pictures ....sorry just don't see anything unusual. By the way weemadmental awsome avatar dude.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

Interesting...good eyes Brei, I wonder what those white streaks could be?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Where did you get this photo Ramb0? It looks like a Lear photo from the opposite angle.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
got this pic from photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
It's Copernicus crater

Original Caption Released with Image:
Copernicus is 93 km wide and is located within the Mare Imbrium Basin, northern nearside of the Moon (10 degrees N., 20 degrees W.). Image shows crater floor, floor mounds, rim, and rayed ejecta. Rays from the ejecta are superposed on all other surrounding terrains which places the crater in its namesake age group: the Copernican system, established as the youngest assemblage of rocks on the Moon (Shoemaker and Hackman, 1962, The Moon: London, Academic Press, p.289- 300).

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Viewing Copernicus
To prepare for the Apollo landings, five Lunar Orbiter spacecraft were launched during 1966 and 1967 to gather detailed images of our fair planet's large, natural satellite. Dramatic views returned by the spacecraft cameras included this stark moonscape. The mosaic of the 93 kilometer-wide, or 50 mile-wide impact crater, Copernicus features central peaks rising above the crater floor and rugged crater walls.

www.nasa.gov...

Originally posted by Breifne
What are the white streaks in the background sky?

In the OP's image it's not so clear, but if you check here
www.thelivingmoon.com...
(image kindly provided by Zorgon)
you should see them better.

Ah: i see nothing unusual in this image, but thanks for sharing though.

[edit on 6/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Internos, awesome photo. I had never seen this before. Thanks a lot for posting it.

new topics

top topics

join