It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Riots Kill At Least Four, Dozens Injured In Haiti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Food Riots Kill At Least Four, Dozens Injured In Haiti

www.allheadlinenews.com

At least four Haitians were killed and around 25 others wounded in demonstrations-turned-riots in southern Haiti with U.N. peacekeepers, according to the local reports.

A young man was reportedly shot in the head by the U.N. peacekeepers and three others were found dead in Les Cayes during the clashes as thousands of Haitians went on the rampage, looting stores, blocking the roads, firing at the U.N. troops and burning cars.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well we all know that food supplies are drying up. This is one of the first cases I have read where FOOD riots have taken place.. and UN peace-keepers shot the people. Dead.

Does not look like the situation is getting any better there also. I could ask if this is an experiment to see how far people can be pushed before they lash back. But I wont. I think it is just a sad example of where our world is at the moment. How some people control all the riches and have 100x and more times what they actually need. And there are BILLIONS out there who...

Well, they die. Either of hunger or they are shot. Not that different in large areas in Africa.

www.allheadlinenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Alphard]

sty

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
One book said that Brasilia is the 4 largest exporter of food while 300 000 children die every year due the hunger-related problems. Most of the money obtained by Brasilia from exporting the food will end up in the pockets of the richest bankers as interest on national debt .. sad!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
And so it begins. Coming soon to a neighborhood near you.

bracewell.livejournal.com...

www.commondreams.org...

english.aljazeera.net...

new topics

top topics

join