It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Bible Part of a Great Conspiracy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

" Is the Bible Part of a Great Conspiracy?"

I wondered that myself for quite some time, but before I answer that, how do you know the preachers who were teaching you, were the people that you thought they were? Your questions to them were honest, but in my opinion their responses were not.

Have you ever heard of Father Alberto Rivera? If not, read this;

Alberto

[edit on 7-4-2008 by toasted]

[edit on 7-4-2008 by toasted]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
Believe it or not...there are many different types of individuals on ATS with many different beliefs. Not all are Christian!

Yes, there are, but not all of them claim to be prophets.

You can believe in anything you choose to believe in, ie, the easter bunny, Santa Claus or the truth fairy, any of the Hallmark holidays. It does not matter one whit to me.

Thank you, I do.

My approach as I have said countless times is; to uncover those who are also searching for truth outside of religion. I along with others are leaving the middle man out (religion) and are wanting an HD (High Definition) relationship with Jah without the middleman's influence.

There is just nothing new in what all of you Christians say and teach, and it is not enough. There are no new arguments as you all have displayed so conscientiously. It becomes a lot of arguing and debating with information that has been argued and debated for many more years than you have been alive.

Ah, so you have a *new* religion to preach then. Ours is old and worn out; yours is crisp and fresh?

In all of my threads I have not heard even one post that has displayed any new intelligence from any religious person, it is all the same ritualistic dogma. My threads actually are created to help one to think! Whether one agrees or not!

Same as above only we add *new* thinking to it.

Note: so I don't have to continually repeat this, I am going to cut and paste this to my other threads.

That's nice. There are easier ways to do that. You can create a link back to yourself if you feel you're repeating...which is what all of us do here anyway.
Repeat.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by idle_rocker

I understand your anger. I would point you to the situation Jesus was in before his death. Did he respond to the Sanhedrin, to the high priest or did he remain quiet? I use this example considering the fact that you are Christian. Please remember that this is a Conspiracies in Religion Forum, if it is too upsetting for you I would avoid this forum. I am not the only one challenging religion.

There comes a point where it is no longer wise to try to talk to an angry person or crowd.

What I am saying is very obviously upsetting you. I would recommend ignoring my posts and avoiding my threads. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Thank you for your response. It does not matter what they told me, they were telling me what they felt I needed to hear. I stayed with the religion for many many years and made the decision to leave as an older adult. I was not a victim and I have never regretted my decision.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I understand your anger. I would point you to the situation Jesus was in before his death. Did he respond to the Sanhedrin, to the high priest or did he remain quiet? I use this example considering the fact that you are Christian. Please remember that this is a Conspiracies in Religion Forum, if it is too upsetting for you I would avoid this forum. I am not the only one challenging religion.

There comes a point where it is no longer wise to try to talk to an angry person or crowd.

What I am saying is very obviously upsetting you. I would recommend ignoring my posts and avoiding my threads. Thank you.

Honey, you're not upsetting me at all. I'm just asking you questions and you're answering them, when you feel like it. It takes a lot to get me upset, so don't worry about me. I'm just asking you questions and responding like I told you I would do. This is my way of testing the spirits. I told you I would do that.

Look, I don't pretend to have all the answers. That's why I'm asking questions. But before I can believe your story, I have to know it has legitimacy. That's why I'm testing. Does that make more sense?

[edit on 4/7/08 by idle_rocker]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Look, I don't pretend to have all the answers. That's why I'm asking questions. But before I can believe your story, I have to know it has legitimacy. That's why I'm testing. Does that make more sense?

Does it have a ring of truth? Just as it takes faith to believe in Christianity - it takes a certain amount of faith with what I am saying.

Jesus performed many miracles to get the crowds attention. You are not seeing me doing miracles!

"God and I have a great relationship, but we both see other people."
-Dolly Parton

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a few things iv learned from religion and i question because it makes no dam sence. we are at war in the middle east because they have mixed feelings about the bible and god and ala..... ok so if there is really a god there will only be 1 bible and 1 god and they are all the same. and if we do sompthing wrong god forgives us......so where is the real bible. where is heaven and hell and why is the government wanting to take "one nation under god out" of our schools pledge of alegance. i think the government made the bible to try to keep peace among earth and when we die were in a box 6' under. the government is so shady they would do anything....

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by v.i.p.e.r

Welcome to ATS! I appreciate your thoughts.

I do believe that the Bible is inspired but that it has been used inappropriately.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
What if we used the bible to write ourselves back into eternity/life.

We CREATED a manuscript depiciting certain quality traits that reflect our NOW BEING.

We are writing to ourselves from other timelines to remember ourselves in the NOW BEING.

Inner-time beings wrote it, Central beings put into place, and now here we are. existing in life to remember a past long forgotten but centered in our eternal being.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by menguard]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

Thank you for your "out of the box" comments. The irony is: I am thinking that as we live now, an addendum is being written. A sort of; lets get up to speed. Why would anyone think that all that needs to be said - is said? I realize that this is off a bit from what you are saying, but I think it is important to ask.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Christians utilize the entire Bible to gain their understanding of God. It is easy to pull a few verses out and claim “the Bible says this,” or “the Bible says that.” But only an understanding of the Bible in its entirety explains who and what God really is.

Some people have devoted their entire lives to the study of the Bible and the relevance of the time in which it was written. It is important to ask questions! It is also important to research scholars who oppose as well as those who agree with your beliefs. This is why I always find your threads so interesting.

Jah (Yah) is often used as a shortened form of the name Jehovah or Yahweh. Thus, the term Hallelujah would mean "Praise Jah
In the original text of the Hebrew Bible, "Jah" occurs 26 times alone and 24 times in the term "Hallelujah."
It is transliterated "Jah" in a single instance (Psalm 68:4) in the King James Version of the Bible, and An American Translation has "Yah" at the same place. The Jehovah's Witnesses' New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures contains "Jah" 50 times in the OT and four times in the book of Revelation. The complete Tetragrammaton is not always rendered as Jehovah.
Source

Elohim has plural morphological form in Hebrew, but it is used with singular verbs and adjectives in the Hebrew text when the particular meaning of the God of Israel (a singular deity) is traditionally understood. Thus the very first words of the Bible are bre# bara elohim, where bara ברא is a verb inflected as third person singular masculine perfect. If Elohim were an ordinary plural word, then the plural verb form bar'u בראו would have been used in this sentence instead. Such plural grammatical forms are in fact found in cases where Elohim has semantically plural reference (not referring to the God of Israel). There are a few other words in Hebrew that have a plural ending, but refer to a single entity and take singular verbs and adjectives, for example בעלים (be'alim, owner) in Exodus 21:29 and elsewhere.
In most English translations of the Bible (e.g. the King James Version), the letter G in "god" is capitalized in cases where Elohim refers to the God of Israel, but there is no distinction between upper and lower case in the Hebrew text.
Source

Now granted, many people dislike wiki due to the availability of editing, but I think it works here. The very word “Elohim” is a plural form for God. Such as in Genesis 1:26:

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God being a plural being is basically speaking to Himself in His Divine entirety. Some believe this entirety is the triune nature of God, as in Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Others believe that there are of group of supreme beings and that God is their leader. One must understand that God is a title, not a name. The Christian understanding of God, then, is that there is a God-head comprised of Father (Jah also Jehovah or Yahweh), Son (Jesus also The Word), and Holy Spirit (Comforter also Holy Ghost). They have individual identities, yet together they are one. They are God.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

[quote]So God being a plural being is basically speaking to Himself in His Divine entirety. Some believe this entirety is the triune nature of God, as in Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Others believe that there are of group of supreme beings and that God is their leader. One must understand that God is a title, not a name. The Christian understanding of God, then, is that there is a God-head comprised of Father (Jah also Jehovah or Yahweh), Son (Jesus also The Word), and Holy Spirit (Comforter also Holy Ghost). They have individual identities, yet together they are one. They are God.

Thank you for your interest. We agree on the quote above with my interjecting; they are one in union with each other. I have no problem in believing in many gods or Gods as the Bible says. How they fit into the whole plan is what interests me the most.

Since I accept the idea (that started out as an enlightenment) that the Bible is possibly the end result of more than just Jah authoring it, it presents many more questions and challenges the use of the scriptures. I find it offers the opportunity to question why a verse says what it does and what are the motives behind it?

I no longer take anything on merit according to former beliefs. It is important to balance this possible insight along with scripture and its validity. It takes a real open mind to view it the way I now do. I certainly could not have done so years ago!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by menguard

That is a really interesting theory....
lol

Too many inconsistencies for me though... I think there is a conspiracy for sure, but I don't really believe in the God, Jehovah. Christianity is a religion of many other religions. Just like many other modern day religions. And so on...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Yes we have been lied to I can show you that according to some pretty undeniable evidence hidden in clues by leonardo davinci and the freemasons that the last supper didnt take place outside jerusalem on mount zion but in the lighthouse of Alexandria on the Island of Pharo in Alexandria see my post on Atlantis in Ancient & Lost Civilizations Discussion Forum

www.abovetopsecret.com...

theres alot we are not told but with some obsessive research we can draw some strong firm conclusions

ISA

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Like I've said on more than one thread on ATS, the Bible is the greatest conspiracy in the history of mankind. "God" and the angels in the Bible are nothing but aliens. Aliens came to Earth thousands of years ago and directly and indirectly pretty much influenced most / all religions and myths. Yahweh, Beelzebub, Zeus, Apollo, etc were all aliens. I'm not the only one who thinks so. I've listed some evidence in at least one of my other posts (too lazy to look for them now), but if you scratch around on ATS and the internet you will find it.

Here's just a smidgen:
Jacob's ladder = walkway into an alien craft.
Fire by night and smoke by day (more than one occasion) = rocket / space ship
Soddom and Gomorrah = nuclear attack
Weapons used in Soddom to blind men who want to sexually assault angels = laser weapons or similar
Ark of the covenant = device to communicate with aliens and more
Star of Bethlehem = pretty obvious isn't it?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

We may differ a lot but the truth will manifest itself, eventually. I do not mean to focus on just Christianity. I believe that all religion is wrong and goes against Gods original plan. Religion has taught man about God and how accurate is it?

If there were not a God, then we as "lemmings" would be in deep doo doo!

Whether they are aliens or gods - time will tell!

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Whether they are aliens or gods - time will tell!

ahhh... you have nailed it, my friend. Time will surely be the final conclusion to this eternally debated question.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

The interesting aspect of your point is this; what if the time is now?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

" I stayed with the religion for many many years and made the decision to leave as an older adult. I was not a victim and I have never regretted my decision."

Sounds like a smart move to get out of a place that supposedly is about the Lord, but instead treats you poorly. I can't say as I blame you!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

The interesting aspect of your point is this; what if the time is now?

Based on what? Lots of things going on behind the scenes, but nothing really tells me that the time is right now. I think it will become MUCH more obvious to us very soon however.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join