It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm desperate for my next "great book"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The two that I quoted yesterday were not in stock, so I was a little disappointed.

I browsed some shelves and did some searches with their computer, but couldn't bring myself to commit to anything. A few had really interesting themes with great conspiratorial angles. Just couldn't commit.

So I ended up going with "Lennon Revealed" by Larry Kane.

This shouldn't take me long to read so I'll be onto something else very shortly.

The titles being listed will certainly be looked into.

Much appreciated.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

The only one at the top of my head that I could tell you is:

The Beatles Anthology by the Beatles

Have it right here in front of me...All 367 pages of it - front to back.

Gave it to hubby a few years back.

~Ducky~

Edit to Add: I have other books; not along the lines of The Beatles, but spiritual ones.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

I just got the Beatles Anthology on DVD last week. It's something like 30+ hours and goes from their first days together right to the end.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
I'd recommend anything by Tom Robbins.

I'd like to second that. If you're not familiar with Tom Robbins, you're missing out on some of the best writing - ever. I once thought I'd like to be a writer, then I read some Robbins and just said, noooo way I can play in that league. The guy's an artist.

Start with Another Roadside Attraction, but they're all good.

And when it comes to conspiracy stuff, you could do a whole lot worse than our own Jim Marrs' Rule By Secrecy. Not a work of fiction. It's like an encyclopedia of conspiracy. Lots of cited sources and a great bibliography. I especially liked the section about the Knights Templar. I bet it's in your local library.

Also, anything by Robert Anton Wilson is worth reading. A recently departed genius who's way underappreciated.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The best thriller I ever read that deals with religious themes was The Testament by John Grisham. The plot twists are unexpected, but they work.

Here is a link to more information on this novel:

www.johngrishamonline.com...

Elsewhere within that website is an interview section where you can watch video clips and read interview transcripts of Grisham's TV talk show appearances. He's an unusual guy. My favorite interview so far is his appearance on the Bill Moyers show on PBS. (Grisham and Moyers were both raised in Christian families in the U.S. South, and interestingly both of these white writers work toward ethnic/racial inclusiveness in society.)

I haven't read many of his other novels, because I'm not that interested in the legal profession. (Grisham is a retired lawyer.) You can find The Testament at libraries and at used book stores, as well as online bookstores (but you'll have to pay big bucks for shipping costs).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join