It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain In Prescott Presses For Unity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

McCain In Prescott Presses For Unity

www.kpho.com

Sen. John McCain called Saturday for a presidential campaign that is more like a respectful argument among friends than a bitter clash of enemies, and said he is better able than either of his Democratic rivals to govern across party lines.

"We have nothing to fear from each other."

"We are arguing over the means to better secure our freedom, promote the general welfare and defend our ideals."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
Remarks by John McCain During 'Service to America' Tour Event in Prescott, Arizona
McCain preaches unity for America in Prescott
McCain visits Prescott Saturday
VIDEO: McCain applauds troop reduction plan

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
McCain Criticized for Slur
McCain regrets MLK vote (MLK day)
Bush should Veto Torture Bill: McCain
Ann Coulter Will Support Clinton over McCain

[edit on 4/5/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I went to McCain's speech today. He is a very boring man. He tried to joke around a few times, but he just isn't funny (or his speech writers should be fired).

He started out comparing himself to Barry Goldwater, another Republican party member. The only thing they have in common is that they both weren't/aren't going to be elected President. Goldwater is a "conservative" Republican, while McCain is a "liberal" Republican.

He talked about how Mo Udall (D-AZ) and Barry Goldwater (R-AZ) were on opposite sides of the aisle, but worked things out for a better America.

Maybe John and Joe Lieberman would fit the profile, but Joe isn't a real democrat. Neither one of them really fit into the traditional party lines. They're different.

Pretty much the entire speech was rhetoric, trying to get the masses to love him. Well I saw right through it buddy.

McCain looked out at his largest crowd of the week as he recalled his early lessons in political bipartisanship. He described Goldwater and the late Arizona Rep. Mo Udall, a liberal Democrat, as close friends despite many political disagreements.

There were only a few hundred people there, so I don't even want to imagine what his smallest crowd of the week was...As I said above, he tried comparing himself to Goldwater (failingly) and I'm assuming Udall would have been Lieberman, a democratic neocon (I didn't know they made neocon in that size).

"I have a record unmatched by either Senator Hillary (Rodham) Clinton or Senator (Barack) Obama of reaching across the aisle," he said. He said his record demonstrates "the environment for working together is clearly there."

Right. But you seem to condemn pretty much all democrats on a daily basis for not supporting the war in Iraq, not that the other candidates have a great record on aisle-crossing.

In a series of speeches that recalled his education at the Naval Academy, his time spent as a prisoner of war in Vietnam and his post-war military career, he repeatedly urged Americans to support a cause bigger than themselves.

Listen John. You are a warmongering. Bringing up your experiences as a soldier only make sense unless you're trying to say you're fit to lead this war.

I understand, you were tortured, and that sucks. It does. But that's no reason to be angry at the rest of the world because of it. Your vision is skewed on this issue. Isn't it a bit hypocritical to defend the use of torture when you yourself were tortured in Vietnam?

I think so.

The speeches touched only glancingly on issues likely to dominate the campaign, including the war in Iraq, which he supports, and the economy.

Not important, obviously. Its not like the economy is going down the drain or Iraq is in tatters. No big deal.

Just keep blindly supporting it because if you were to admit a mistake, that would be terrible. Your credibility would be lost...

Oh did I mention I took pictures

www.kpho.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/5/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I have to post some of the pictures I took because the people there were too classic to pass up sharing with ATS. Enjoy
:

I gotta represent the anti-war protesters come on now
. What kind of "liberal" would I be?

join