It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO PROOF! You Missed The Disclosure!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Sorry, I meant to say depth of field instead of field of view. As an object moves out of focus, it wil grow more distorted until it is no longer discernible.
dof

When an object is at the exact distance the lens is focused, every point on the object will focus to a point on the film plane. When an object moves out of focus, on the film these points begin to grow and become circles. The farther out of focus an object is, the larger these circles become. But up to a certain point (again depending on film or electronic sensor size, lens focal length, etc.), these circles of confusion are unobtrusive (unresolved by the human eye) and the image appears to be in focus over a range of distances and has 'depth of field'.

About the possibility of shadows, we have no way of determing the distance of the objects, so on could be in a shadow while on that seems to be next to it could be a good distance closer or further out.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Balez

If you watch the video in my OP one more time, and listen to the comments from NASA. I'm sure they say at about 00:38 seconds into the video that the Tether and satellite are "moving into the Sunrise". In the bottom right corner of the screen you can then see a bright light called the Sun.

That would mean all of these objects are being lit from behind...

It would also mean that the shuttle is not casting any shadows in that direction. All shadows are behind the camera.

those light bending sun of a bishes!

[edit on 7-4-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
Really, that's because the shuttle casts shadows. The floaters are not seen in the shade for the same reason you don't see stars on images of the moon.

You should watch the video, I think they mention something about a Sunrise, and it being in the view of the camera. I wonder how the shuttle can cast a shadow towards the Sun????

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
nice work!

you have really done your homework with the analysis and the examples you have provided.

i am still intrigued by this footage every time i see it.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

day5

After its connecting cable seperated from Columbia last night, the Tethered Satellite is trailing the Shuttle at a distance of more than 3,000 nautical miles this morning.

Columbia and the distance between the two spacecraft continues to increase at a rate of about 280 nautical miles with every orbit

The anouncer reads the distance between them:
77 nm
81 nm
90 nm

The distance is increasing and Columbia is moving toward the sun and ahead of the tss-1r which means it is in between the two.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by finnegan
The distance is increasing and Columbia is moving toward the sun and ahead of the tss-1r which means it is in between the two.

Can you show me where it says they are moving toward the Sun? Because I seem to see sunlight bluring the camera.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Starred and flagged. This thread is important because their is a growing debate about the "notched" surface of the UFO's.

Recently a person filmed the moon or a bright object at a distance on earth, then zoomed in on it, and it had the same blurry and "notched appearance. This does not necessarily mean that the Tether Video objects are lense flares. It could be that when an object is too far away to be focused in on, it creates that "notched" shape, no matter what it is. be it lense flare, or solid object.

Note however that lense flares are almost always in front what you are filming. These objects clearly move "behind" the tether. Good post.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Well I iassumed that it's moving toward the sun because it orbits every 90 minutes which means it's catching up not being caught. But it could be moving at an angle to the sun. At the very most it would be a right angle. That would still be enough to create a shadow from an overhanging shuttle part.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have only 1 question to this treath.. is there any more videos taken with an ultraviolet camera to Ice?? how does an ice particle look like with this kind of cameras?? Do somebody knows any other video from ice and ultraviolet camera??

I have try to see around th enet but there is non...only some cassini fotage from Saturn rings (but this are color type..not black and wihte likt this one)...so anybody found anything??

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think this video of nasa is the best and most convincing of its kind! to me.
This video is The droplet that filled the bucket for me. After this footage i begun to believe that this whole Ufo phenomena was real as the people on this earth! If i show this video to people in my suroundings They all start to doubt Nasa's real agenda. They know And they cooperate with these beings because if that tether had to retreive to the shuttle. Then they only had to start and communicate with these beings and it was done job!But flight command did not needed their help and their was no emediate danger so that tether was a loose canonball drifting into space probebly to be picked up later by those craft or whatever!That my opinion about this

I flag this because its the best of all ufo video's toghether

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

If you watch the video in my OP one more time, and listen to the comments from NASA. I'm sure they say at about 00:38 seconds into the video that the Tether and satellite are "moving into the Sunrise". In the bottom right corner of the screen you can then see a bright light called the Sun.

True, and that is one of the reasons i dont think these particles are close to the shuttle and camera.

But some people thought my theory was even more crazy than particles close to the shuttle and camera

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I wonder how the shuttle can cast a shadow towards the Sun????

Why towards? There are many other possible directions, and lots of appendages to cast shadows from, sideways.

Imagine the sunlight coming from the bottom left. The entire left side of the shuttle is lit. The wing, cargo bay door and robotic arm all cast shadows in the field of view of the camera.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
People believe just about anything and as the dictators of the past have said the more ridiculous the idea, the more believable to the masses. The tether is obviously surrounded by some kind of intelligent life form that lives in space.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I love this footage and always have and thanks to AllIsOne for posting a new take on it.

I've just been sitting back and reading the posts listening to both sides, both with valid arguments. Great work all on presenting all the views, just like in all the other threads about this incident.

I have always been "on the fence" about this footage. I understand AllIsOne's views on the MOVEMENT of the objects and the "teleportation" meaning the objects disappearing and appearing.

I myself have gone over and over the whole video and been very interested in the objects that change direction, not so much by the "notched" objects going behind the tether, those never interested me because I think those can be easily explained by other objects in other videos etc..

I understand Balez's explanations and other's too. Concerning sunrise, and the thrusters causing particles close to the camera to move and accelerate and change directions, and perhaps the sun making some "suddenly appear" as it hits them... And can see that as an equally valid explanation.

So, I guess, I am still on the fence! If I were on a jury right now and the case, as has been presented "rested" I would be an undecided vote still

Anyone else out there just lurking and reading all of these posts and still undecided? Or is it just me?

[edit on 7-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The inclination for this shuttle mission was only 28.5 degrees as indicated by wikpedia, so it would have been heading pretty much toward the sun. Shadows would have played a factor in the view of anything close to the shuttle in the direction of the satelite which was trailing the shuttle.

Here is a picture of another airy disk. link

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
There is no shadows present in the camera. Other UFO's would be disapearing too. Only certain ones in other places are disapearing. Sorry.

Also, shadows don't just stop either, it would project all the way across and multiple UFOs would be disapearing in it at any distance. So you have another flawed explainaiton.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The inclination for this shuttle mission was only 28.5 degrees as indicated by wikpedia, so it would have been heading pretty much toward the sun.

The inclination of the orbit is irrelevant. The shuttle doesn't fly like a plane, with the nose always pointing towards the east. The sunlight's angle to the camera is irrelevant, shadows can be cast in front of the camera without any problem as demonstrated in the picture I posted. OK, the picture is not very good, the sun is too high, but I haven't looked for better pictures.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Shadows would have played a factor in the view of anything close to the shuttle in the direction of the satelite which was trailing the shuttle.

The shuttle is moving eastward, towards the Sun. If the satellite (and tether) were trailing the shuttle, they would be in the opposite direction to the sun. So we're not looking towards the sun with a light amplification adapted CCTV camera. Imagine the overexposure from pointing towards the sun with light amplification ON! IMO what looks like a bright light in the corners is not the sun, but a reflection on the glass from behind. The shuttle has portholes on both sides, no surprise there.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is a great topic, and it needs to be kept in the lime-light IMO.

I've said this before (in one of the other threads), and I'll say it again:

If these objects are so close (as they would have to be for the ice/dust explanation to hold up), then thrusters firing would affect at least the motion of a few other objects, if not all of them, but we only see individual objects changing direction. Therefore thrusters can be ruled out.

IMO not only does this footage prove that UFOs exist, but it also proves that not all UFOs are the product of so called "black projects" since their behavior (investigating the tether) makes no sense if they are our own. It may not be proof of ETs from far away star systems though, but I think it's likely since I doubt life forms living in our upper atmosphere would have the ability to teleport or cloak (it's impossible to tell which of these may be occurring with the evidence at hand) themselves.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
There is no shadows present in the camera.

In? On? Where?

Other UFO's would be disapearing too. Only certain ones in other places are disapearing. Sorry.

It's all or nothing, then? I never said the sun is exactly behind. It could be anywhere. Those who disappear are moving into the shadow. Those who appear are moving out of the shadow. Their slow movement away and towards the camera is not visible, it's a 2D video. Simple.

Also, shadows don't just stop either, it would project all the way across and multiple UFOs would be disapearing in it at any distance. So you have another flawed explainaiton.

The shadow does not extend to infinity in the FOV. It crosses the FOV. See the picture I posted.

Imagine you wear a hat. The shade extends 2'' in front of your eyes. Nothing in your field of view is in the shadow of your hat except, possibly, a few dust particles less than 2'' away from your eyes. If the Sun is, say, at 4 o'clock, on your right, you don't even need a hat to cast a shadow, in front of you, that does not extend to infinity in your FOV.

head = shuttle cabin
hat = vertical stabilizer, wings, robotic arm, ...

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join