It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Books Recommendations!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What have you been reading?!

What would you recommend?!

I'm looking for 2 types of books. A good reading book and a coffee table book with photos of UFOs.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
For a good reading book, check out "Cloak of the Illuminati" by William Henry. A slow read, but very interesting stuff.
Also, if you havent already, everyone should read Chuck Pahlaniuk. Best author of this generation.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

You know what, I loved the movie "Fight Club", so I picked "Haunted". I kinda liked it, but never did finish it. I gotta go dig that one up. Certainly not for the sqeamish, that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaiser Sohse

What about the book 'fight club'?
It's different from the movie but is still a great read.

I am currently reading 'The Kite Runner' by Khaled Housseini (sp?) which I would definitly recommend as far as good stories go.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm on a mission to read every Dean Koontz book! They are always suspenseful and engaging. Most are supernatural or light horror drama.

Check some out.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I just finished Lee Child's latest in the bestselling Jack Reacher series, Nothing To Lose.

It was good, but not as good as some of the others like The Enemy, Persuader, Bad Luck and Trouble, or One Shot which has been optioned to a major motion picture company.

I've read all 12 in the Reacher series, and I'm pretty sure this was the first one where not a single gunshot was fired. Still recommend it though, as well as any other Lee Child / Jack Reacher book.

Must-reads for all crime/suspense fans, but whatever you do, don't mess with the Special Investigators!

[edit on 7/24/2008 by Kaiser Sohse]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I enjoy reading books by the author Nelson Demille, I have enjoyed each book he has written, The Charm School is one of my favorites as is The Lions Game!!! I recommend that if you start reading his books start with the John Corey and Kate Mayfield adventures, They are two re-curring characters in his books..He uses some real life incidents and mixes in fiction...especially in Night Fall...another great book..Please let me know when you get these if interested, Id love to discuss them.....

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
for me I would say any of anne Rice's books. I find her way of writing compelling and really good. Also if you have not yet and have ALOT of time I suggest definitly reading The Stand by Steven King, and also the LoTR trilogy. it cn get bland at time, but if you really enjoy spending time readin the thise book are really worth the time.

At least they were for me.

top topics

join