It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at the name of the horse that won englands biggest horse race today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This will make everyone laugh. The grand national which is englands biggest horse race today was won by the following horse.

"COMPLY OR DIE"

Do you think this is just a freak, or is someone telling us something.

Also today for the first time since 1939, portsmouth made the fa cup final. For those that say we are living in the 30's again.

Those two things just made me laugh so much today. How bizarre.

[edit on 4/5/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well horse races have been fixed before

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My dad backed it, at 8-1 i think. Do you think that being such a big horse race seen all over the world, it may of been fixed so that named horse would be telling us something.

I just laughed when i saw the result.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

It would make more sense to me if they named the horse "I am love or I will kill you."

Speaking of oxymoron.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm more interested in the horse that came 3rd (not just because I had an EW bet on it) : Snowy Morning

Premonition or what?

Edit: the Grand National is probably the hardest sporting event in the world to fix .....

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Essan]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Edit: the Grand National is probably the hardest sporting event in the world to fix .....

Years ago yes, but nowadays, the grand national is not a hard race to win. Handicappers can fix the race quiet easily. They can make it a good probability, that they could get the right horse ready.

I used to know heavy backers in horse racing, and you would be surprised how often they are fixed.

In most races of like 8-10 horses, only 2-3 horses are trying, the rest are out for a jog.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Probably most races, especially midweek races with lower prize funds, are fixed, almost on a rota basis to make it worthwhile for all participants. Making sure everyone gets a slice of the pie ensures perpetuation of the sport, and betting income. Otherwise most stables would go out of business, and there wouldn't be enough racing horses to make up the numbers and keep the whole thing going.
The Grand National however, with so many horses and so many fences is an absolute lottery. Nearly impossible to fix (apart from doping one or two favorites) IMO.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
In fac4 racing in the u.k., us, aust. & new zealand is very clean. There is too much dependent on punter confidence. Racing has to compete for the gambling dollar with poker machines. A far better bet than hypnotism, by the way.

top topics

join