It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would NASA lie?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: expatwhite

I'm reviving this thread, based on this new development:

au.ibtimes.com...
"SECRET SPACE PROGRAMME": UFO CONSPIRACY THEORISTS BELIEVE THAT NASA IS IN CONSTANT CONTACT WITH SPACE ALIENS
"According to Yahoo News, other UFO sites have supported claims by suggesting that it was part of a "secret space programme" which had started in 1968. According to the sites, humans landed on Mars as part of the "secret space programme."

"Conspiracy theorists are of the belief that the information is being kept from the public due to a few sinister reasons. It was mentioned on Yahoo that the conspiracy theorists believed that NASA as well as other government were in contact with aliens."

Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) was created after Roswell, specifically to establish and maintain contact with distant ET civilizations, according to ex-Navy Intel (and now dead) William Cooper. (Besides Cooper's lectures available on YouTube, here is his book:

www.amazon.com...=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=1-2&qid=1417280470
BEHOLD A PALE HORSE

Timothy Good is a well respected UFO writer today who has also written about UFOs/ETs and DIA:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1417280807&sr=1-1&keywords=9781933648385
NEED TO KNOW: UFOS, THE MILITARY AND INTELLIGENCE

www.dia.mil...
DIA'S "FOIA READING ROOM"
Scroll down to nearly the bottom under 'Other':
"Documentation containing information relating to Unidentified Flying Objects. (UFOs) Parts 1 and 2"
edit on 29-11-2014 by MKMoniker because: correction

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
a reply to: expatwhite

I'm reviving this thread, based on this new development:

What's new?

Same B.S. claim from dubious sources.

Look, if there is a "secret space program" I can tell you NASA is not part of it. They are one of the most open agencies in the US Government. They let me as a student walk all around Ames asking questions, even handling items.

Anyone can request tours of their facilities. Ask Jim Oberg. I'm sure he'll tell you too.

Also I'd like to point out that the cutting edge research they have done on such fringe science things as Hyperspace (See: Alan C. Holt), Anti-Gravity (See: Eugene Podkletnov and Ning Li), Cold Fusion (See: Joseph Zawodny and Dennis Bushnell), Warp Drives (See: Miguel Alcubierre and Harold "Sonny" White) or Inertialess Acceleration (See: Mark Millis) is publicly accessible and I can point you to it.

It also demonstrates few things:

1. They probably don't have a super secret "black budget" fleet of spacecraft (and if they did why would they research this stuff and still be using rockets?!).

2. They are actively pursuing propulsion breakthroughs not in some super secret lab but at open facilities often on university campuses.

3. The claims that they launch rockets as a cover for super secret technology are ridiculous. If they had such technology they would not be researching it.

As I stated, the above research is published in peer reviewed journals anyone can access often for free on NASA's own sites

NASA conspiracies are silly plain and simple. But silliness never stopped the UFO crowd from believing a good story with no basis in reality.
edit on 29-11-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

they've been reducing/ending their programs for years
its expensive science and space travel

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Glad you are a passionate defender of NASA - Obama isn't. He was barely in office in 2009, when he gutted NASA, terminated the manned space programs, and reduced NASA to basically just a Science Faire of experimentation for outgoing probes and the ISS.

The reason NASA never had a "shuttle replacement" ready, is because under Bill Clinton and George W., the "replacement shuttle" budget went instead to develop the gravity-cancelling TR-3B triangle. Why this stays so super secret is a mystery, since its "gravity-cancelling" technology alone could drop launch costs (with all that expensive chemical fuel just to break away from Earth's gravity), and NASA could finally have a robust manned space program.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
A TR-3B TOPIC ON MILITARY.COM?

The super-secret Space Fleet belongs to the Navy, not NASA. (How much NASA money is diverted to that is unknown.) The British hacker Gary McKinnon broke this story after years of hacking into Pentagon files. He found names and transfer notices for USS (U.S. Space?) officers.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
NAVY "SPACE COMMAND" UNCOVERED

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: zysin5
Why would they lie?

Well one good reason I could think of is to save many of the sheeple from going crazy!! Mass panic in the streets!
Some forces in this world have put alot of work into telling us as a whole what reality is and isnt.
If NASA comes out with something that doesnt jive with that reality, Well there will be problems.
Some people are so far gone, that they can not handle the truth. And when hearing the truth, their everyday lives mean nothing to them anymore.
Sadly enough I belive some things they know would ensure choas, and would break the mind control spell put over most of us..

Why would they lie?
They have many reasons to lie and keep the truth from us!

[edit on 5-4-2008 by zysin5]

I dont buy into that,it would be big news for a few days and thats it,everything would go back to normal,the general population are so dumbed down they are more interested in the football or celeb gossip than life on other planets

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've often wondered this too. Why would they feel the need to withhold information about EBE's or alien craft? Maybe they - and the US government - feel that the everyman isn't ready to know this information.

I recently read that NASA are worried about the Chinese going to the moon cause of the UFO's and other alien activity that Apollo 11 encountered.

I've never understood the 'ufo/alien life/contact' cover up in the first place.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: amurphy245

It saddens me to agree with you. If we ever did have real contact with extraterrestrials, the masses would end up forgetting about it.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker

Glad you are a passionate defender of NASA - Obama isn't. He was barely in office in 2009, when he gutted NASA, terminated the manned space programs, and reduced NASA to basically just a Science Faire of experimentation for outgoing probes and the ISS.

What the hell are you talking about? Do you get your space information from Fox News? Why am I bothering to ask this, clearly you do...

As you can see the stuff you mentioned was in place under Bush well before Obama was elected.... The shuttle was slated for cancellation before Obama was elected. Several major space telescopes and probes were cancelled all before Obama was elected. That planet hunting telescope called Kepler which found a cousin planet to Earth almost fell under the ax as well. Two other missions which would have looked for and taken pictures of Earth sized planet around the NEAREST stars (Space Interferometry Mission aka SIM and the Terrestrial Planet Finder aka TPF) were cancelled under Bush.

This is a sensitive issue for me as it is my field of study so I keep up on these things more than the average idiot. Below you will find a chart of NASA's Astrophysics Budget.

Oh look at that... Your politically driven nonsense was wrong. The steepest cuts to the Astrophysics program were between FY2001-2009 also known as the Bush years.

As you can also see that funding was INCREASED UNDER OBAMA.

In fact Obama's White House recently asked for an INCREASE of NASA funding in its last budget request to among other things begin planning for a probe to the icy ocean moon of Jupiter called Europa. A mission Bush's White House repeatedly vetoed.

Excerpt from the above story..

The location where water geysers may be erupting from Europa’s surface. Image: NASA/JPL-Caltech/SETI Institute

A dedicated mission to Jupiter’s icy moon Europa, one of the best bets for life beyond Earth in our solar system, has inched a little closer to reality today.

The Obama Administration’s 2015 NASA budget request (.pdf) asks for $17.5 billion for the agency, a slight drop from last year and more than a billion less than its 2010 peak of $18.7 billion. The request represents the things that the White House would like to see NASA pursue and includes funding for “pre-formulation work” on a mission that would fly by Europa, make detailed observations, and perhaps sample its interior ocean. Far bigger chunks of the budget are allocated to the development of a new manned spacecraft called Orion, the James Webb Space Telescope, successor to Hubble, and an extension of the International Space Station’s lifespan to 2024.

“Clearly this is a statement by NASA that they recognize the priority and excitement of Europa exploration,” said geologist Robert Pappalardo of JPL. It’s the first time the White House has mentioned a Europa mission in its budget.

Europa is one of the solar system’s most mysterious and badass moons. Beneath its icy crust, scientists think there is a vast ocean with more water in it than exists on all of Earth. Recently, scientists found evidence that a little bit of that water may be be erupting from geysers near the moon’s south pole, sending plumes 200 kilometers into the air. Scientists would love nothing more than to send a spacecraft flying through these jets in order to sample their composition.

And contrary to what you think NASA has not been gutted in the last 8 years, it's existing on roughly the same budget it had when Bush left office.

There are a fair amount of exciting new instruments, telescopes, probes and even a manned spaceflight vehicle about to go up in the next couple of years including the first test flight of the Orion next month.

Look, I get that you don't like the President for whatever reason but repeating nonsense about him gutting the space program is stupid and screams ignorance of what really goes on with regards to space funding. (Hint: Congress has more to do with NASA cuts than Presidents).
edit on 29-11-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Could be a few guesses as to why Nasa would want to lie about e.t life, depending on what kind of life or technology they are seeing or want to be hidden if they were hiding something. If there is an advanced alien presence in our solar system, and is hiding itself from most of the worlds coalition of kingdoms, then there is nothing to prove, even if Nasa did have something to prove. I mean, they would want some sort of trophy idol to show off at show and tell, as if it were a knight in shining armor bring the head of a dragon, or if some parallel universe, it could of been a unicorn.

They would let themselves be known as the slayer of this beast, or the defiler of one gods holiest creatures and show it off to what ever crowd that would believe or praise them. Silly analogy but it works. I mean would big foot be worth more dead or alive?

If there was an alien presence that the government had a better understanding of or idea, then I could see an alien image or idol be used ether for or against that presence. Wouldn't america itself unite if it had a common enemy to fight like in history, where it against the British kingdom, or even the Japanese, or more recently, Muslums for that matter? I'd like to believe that the government follows strict military strategies or philosophizes, such as know your enemy, but that imaginary foe hasn't been found, or manifested yet like an imaginary friend that is put into trust which seems to be happening.

As for God or Gods, well they don't seem to be complaining or bitching at all. I mean God has a worse bark then it bite, or was bite then bark?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join