It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would NASA lie?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
its just amazing that all the science nerds are controlled by the government... and the thousands of people that work for nasa are controlled by government... all the thousands of astrologists who watch the skies every second of every day are controlled by the government.. and according to some... lear.. lazar.. etc..etc.. the thousands that helped build the underground cities.. and the moonbases... are controlled by the gov... and did you ever stop to think about who is maintaining all this stuff... there all quiet.. there families are all quiet... no one knows anyone who helped with all this stuffffff... not even a friend of a friend of a friend..... at area 51 you can see the people who get on the planes and get off.. after there day is done.. people know who they are.. and there families... and i had a nephew who was stationed out there.. and they are real. im starting to rant now.. but common sense says where are these people that know all this stuff.. and are keeping it quiet.. they dont have families.. .. and never make mistakes.. they are all so capable of keeping this gigantic secret... to me it just sounds impossible for all these people to live there lives in one big lie. I will never be convinced that the gov. is competent enough to do anything right.... name one thing they are good at???? cant even run a post office right.. if you want to see something get screwed up... let the government run it..

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

So we're to assume no professional person or government employee have admitted seeing something? This argument happens all the time on this forum, but I'll humor it once again.

If you want to see professionals reporting UFOs look into this survey of 1,356 astronomers (not astrologists) who were members of the American Astronomical Society. The results of which appear to indicate that some astronomers do indeed see UFOs.

www.skepticfiles.org...

The astronomer who found Pluto saw UFOs on more than one occasion.

www.scientificexploration.org...

Yet more reports by astronomers who have seen UFOs.

www.nicap.org...

At least two USA NASA astronauts have claimed to either see UFOs or say that the USA is engaged in a massive cover up of the subject (Dr. Edgar Mitchell and the late Gordon Cooper)

At least one U.S. President has claimed to have seen and reported a UFO.

The first director of the CIA, Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter, publicly proclaimed UFO/ET coverup.

Even the USA's final say on the subject of UFOs, the Scientific Study of Unidentified Flying Objects could not offer conventional terrestrial explanations for 30 percent of the cases studied.

The fact of the matter is that of all major conspiracies that the public knows of, the subject of UFOs/ETs and their cover up appears to have the most evidence for it and the most credible witness testimony of any conspiracy out there.

I can't claim to know how the machinery of how the conspiracy works on a day to day basis. How people are silenced and how the whole thing has remained as quiet as it has for as long as it has. I just know its happening. There are indeed people on this planet capable of maintaining this greatest of secrets, but leaks do come out from time to time.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Frith]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

The largest study ever done was commisined by NASA about this very topic, the results?

It said that civilisation would crumble if dislosure were made, that was about 50yrs ago.

Besides all that, they are under people who's only goal in life is ruleing your life. There is no knowledge that is not power. They see you as a threat to thier continued absolute power over the sheeple.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
im comfuseed,

ok lets say that disclosure was made right now could someone explain how

"civilisation wil crumble"?

how and why? are some people that ignorant that they dont accept that life evovled on other planets? i mean yeah its a huge discovery but its no reason to start killing looting or whatever on our own planet, is this what NASA assumes? as i think theres another reason, i just cant imagine that people will act this way.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

WHY?would they deny all this? Wouldnt it be easier on them if they admitted to maybe microbial life on mars. They are always moaning about their budgets being cut, surely evidence of extra terrestrial life would mean an increased budget for them?

How would they get an increased budget by telling congress that "maybe" there's microscopic life on a world which congress is divided on visiting? Let's not forget how far away Mars is using our current technology.

Also, there's a big difference between microscopic life on Mars and the UFO/ET hypothesis.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
They have many reasons to lie and keep the truth from us!
[edit on 5-4-2008 by zysin5]

Nail firmly on the head!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

1. THEY CAN FOLLOW SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS.
2. IF THERE IS ONE SHREAD OF 1 LIE , THE DOOR IS OPEN. IT WAS WIDE OPEN BEFORE NASA HAD A NAME.
3. ALIEN LIFE ON EARTH IS A FACT. IT WAS A FACT YESTERDAY AND IS A FACT TODAY. TOMORROW? WHO KNOWS?
4. THE PROOF, LIVING AND DEAD, IS ALL OVER THESE BOARDS, THE EARTH AND EVEN, OUT THERE.
5. PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY SAW, KNOW THEY DIDN'T SEE A UFO, THEY SAW A SPACE CRAFT, IT'S A TRUTH... AND NO ONE CAN CHANGE IT. MANY HIDE FROM IT. SOME SPIN IT.

I DON'T NEED, WANT, NOR WILL I SUBMIT TO MORE DENIAL FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE HOPELESSLY LOST. IT'S THEIR DELUSSION, NOT MINE.

NASA HAS LIED ABOUT UFO'S IN THE PAST, THEY'RE LYING NOW AND WILL CONTINUE TO LIE IN THE FUTURE. THATS THE TRUTH AND NO ARGUMENT CAN PROVE OTHERWISE.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaden_x
why...

because every singe individual sitting in that stadium believes there's a god looking down on them 24/7.

try telling them different.

Hmm well...im one who believes in God and believes in alien life. And believe it or not the proof of alien life would would be a blessing to this world. Why would they lie? I dont think they would lie about alien micro life,but I do think they would lie about inteligent life.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This is a great question - and it amazes me how many people have derailed this thread with talk of mass panic, religious riots, and the belief that our puny primitive brains would basically freak OUT when the OP clearly asked why NASA wouldn't simply admit to the presence of microbial life in our solar system, nothing more - NOT greys and reptilians and klingons and the dark side of the force and whatever other conclusions you all immediately jumped to...

To add to this question - why would NASA continue to waste billions of our dollars pretending to look for it when they already know something much more amazing out there exists?

Basically I think it's because of two things:

1. First off - I don't think most NASA personnel are aware they're lying about anything. In other words - the cover-up isn't nearly as massive and elaborate as some people want you to believe. I figure the higher-ups and the frontline people like the astronauts are privy to the truth (or "need-to-know" parts of it at least) but the rest of the staff are left to go about their daily business scanning boring parts of Mars or building better rocket engines.

Now that doesn't mean they don't see things they shouldn't sometimes but I'm guessing it's treated the same way a lower-level military type or commercial airline pilot sighting goes (i.e. somebody from higher up takes over and it's never heard about again). Anyone who asks too many questions is ridiculed or sent on special assignment to North Alaska until they learn better.

2. But this still doesn't explain why the higher up's would continue to lie about smaller things like the existence of microbial life...? Well personally I believe it's because they haven't actually found any yet but if we're gonna play along and assume NASA's lying about it then my best guess is it's because it would have the potential to blow the WHOLE cover-up about UFO's to bits.

I think for the most part whatever information the government does know about UFO's that we don't is generally protected by the general public's passive acceptance towards the status quo. Even though studies and polls show that most people do in fact privately believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life, the "sheeple" tend not to think too critically about it as long as it stays out of mainstream media and public opinion.

It's people like us here at ATS that do think about it more seriously and for the most part tend to uncover enough evidence to become serious believers. But they'll never worry about us as long as we remain in the fringe. In fact I'm sure they actually love what we do because so many people take certain questions to such crackpot extremes that in the end the whole field just gets pushed that much farther out into the void!

But anyway, what I'm getting at is that announcing something like the presence of microbial life on Mars would get the whole world buzzing (remember when they announced the mere possibility 10 years ago, it was on the front page of every newspaper!). More people talking means more people asking questions means more media covering it means more people talking and so on...

Perhaps it would never snowball as far as bringing Ufology into the mainstream but if I'm in charge of the cover-up that's a chance I'm not willing to take.

So instead, keep SETI listening for radio waves when ET's probably communicate through much more advanced methods (quantum encryption, telepathy?). Keep Astronomers busy looking for evidence of organics or extra-solar planets that won't really tell us anything definitive. Keep giving the public just enough so they're ready to accept the truth whenever you're ready to give it to them.

But NEVER give them enough information to galvanize the whole lot into figuring it out on their own.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
MC-Squared i have starred your post, great response.

I guess it does make sense that it keeps people who believe on the fringes and makes any talk of UFO's etc sound crackpot (although a lot less than 10 years ago)

If they admitted to even finding a daisy on mars then it would get everyone stirred up again and asking questions...Some of which they wouldnt like to answer

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Thanks

I really wish someone would find a way to push the UFO phenomenon into the mainstream without using eerie music or cheesy voice-overs. Get an Anderson Cooper or a Michael Moore to do a serious study on it without making any outrageous claims - just invite people to think more critically about it without making them think too hard.

Don't ever mention the word "alien" but show some really credible and compelling cases where the official military/government/NASA explanation is even sketchier than that of the witnesses.

Pretty much EVERYONE doesn't trust their government - but most "sheeple" are all too lazy to do anything about it until everyone else is doing it too. But sometimes all it takes is one well-designed catalyst to motivate people towards something of which they all seem to be passively aware.

It's kinda like what Al Gore's movie did for climate change. I remember before 'An Inconvenient Truth' came out some right-wing idiots were calling global warming "bullsh--" and "nothing but a bunch of Liberal propaganda". Then the evidence started becoming public knowledge and people rallied around it that much more because they felt so insulted by the naysayers and debunkers.

All those ingredients are here to get the same reaction out of people with regards to UFOlogy. The difference is we don't know what our "global warming" is - but I think the evidence is overwhelming that someone behind the curtain knows a lot more about it than we do. We should make a movie called 'An Inexplicable Truth'

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

We all tend to blame the government(s) for the cover-up but I think that the mainstream media and military industrial complex are the real culprits. They are more-than-likely trying to monopolise any newly discovered technology from reverse engineering. New patents get developed every day!

Its really simple. If even half of the daily/weekly/monthly sightings got reported in the news and there were more documentaries on tv things would be different...much different!!!

ATS is supposedly the top dog in paranormal discussions yet it is still ranked 4,003 of all sites just in the USA alone. That is not a great ranking especially if we consider the world rankings. Now out of 1 million unique visitors that ATS gets(last I heard) the vast majority are disinfo/debunkers. Does that tell you anything about just how pathetic
the situation is?!?!

To summarize unless the msm decide to take us more seriously we can be here for decades arguing the same old stuff while ninety percent of the world population remains totally ignorant!

[edit on 13-4-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Good answers MC..

1. First off - I don't think most NASA personnel are aware they're lying about anything.

Agreed. People always try and turn everything into a conspiracy.. heck that's why we're all here on ATS right?
There might be a few higher ups at NASA who have some information but nothing that's already not here on ATS. We know the US government or military isn't going to support any NASA UFO claims (even if it's made by a "higher up"). They would just turn the other way. The only thing that would happens is that person would be labeled a kook and lose credibility, stature, and possibly their job.

Well personally I believe it's because they haven't actually found any yet

I agree.. haven't found anything yet. It was interesting of you to suggest if NASA did find some microbial life, that it might blow the lid off the UFO phenom. However, I think most people believe there must be some bacteria out there somewhere. News of this proof would generate a lot of excitement but ultimately people need to start their cars in the morning and go to work.

It gets very personal though when you say there is other life around, it's probably a million years ahead of us, they come and go as they please, we have no way to defend against them, and we just don't have a clue because we are only human.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The mainstream media and military industrial complex are in cahoots with elements of the government...

the same elements that did 9/11...

IMO

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Why would NASA lie??

A good, instinctual, visceral question. But I would be one to believe that if right now.... our american space agency were to admit to microbial life on another planet - it would soon be on par to disclosure of full scale animal life as well. The answer seems simple on 'Day 1' - but as the weeks, months - years pass.... the ramifications of such an anouncement could potentially be monumental.

In 6 or 7 months - obviously, the american system will endeavour to install a new head of the executive branch of national government. We need to keep all of the attention focused upon the national financial crisis - racial division... and god knows... the terrorist threat. To fail to do so could conceivably cause the price of crude oil to plummet. The strip-mining of the US economy and exponential enrichment of the powers of the central government and military complex could be slowed. To keep the slave force in a perpetual status quo is panamount to this cause.

NASA is, in actuality, a contractor to the US military. War is an absolute necessity. Currently, the military is approximately a mere 15% of the national worth/value. An increase to approximately 50% is more in the desired range. Our warring future is at stake. We can't have common populace deciding an alternate outcome. 'Plausable denial' - and absolute informational containment are top priority.

Be prepared to remain the only known inhabited planet in the universe for many years to come. In God we trust.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Responding to : Philjwolf's comment: " Seems impossible that all of this could ever have been kept quiet.'

I have been studying this UFO subject/genre' now for over 30 years.

There are millions of documents - millions of photographs, videos, eye-witness reports -- Multiple U.S. presidents, and leaders of power from across the globe -

Congressmen - military leaders - astronauts - including Edwin 'Buzz' Aldrin's admission that Apollo 11's capsule was 'followed' up to the moon.

A person could not be born a fully-literate infant - and successfully endeavour to read through all of the documentation.

This information..... has not been 'kept secret.' Humans are simply in denial... very scared.... and that is the largest proponent of why 'disclosure' is not present. Media and the governments are not supporting the dissemination process - and this pretty much keeps the subject at its current status.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Good to see this topic getting resurrected as I think it's an important one!

In terms of how far the cover-up goes:

None of us can say for sure, but I do know this - the further it goes, the more likely it is to get blown apart. To keep a secret this big it has to be held to as few people as possible because eventually someone would squeal with PROOF. We're talking about the biggest story in the history of our civilization! How many people could resist the chance to break something like that, no matter the consequences?

Now I might be willing to accept a few people in the upper ends of the MSM have some knowledge of what's really going on and thus discourage stories like O'Hare or Stephenville from gaining too much momentum - but there's no way every major reporter and news director is in on it too.

And they don't need to be! UFOlogy is held under wraps by it's own stigma. Tons of people just never follow up on this stuff because they think it's crazy and other people will think they are as well.

And you know what? People constantly screaming about Reptilians and doomsday and cover-ups everywhere doesn't help when we can't even prove one single UFO is real.

So maybe if we all really want disclosure we should stop wasting our time arguing about these things and start collectively working on our approach to convince other people that something - we don't know what - but something is going on that needs more serious discussion.

If ATS really gets 1 million unique visits per month I think it's really not reflected in the amount of comments and posts. Maybe a lot of people come here that are interested in the subject but are probably turned off by how extreme and "out there" some of the discussions are - I know I was when I first came here.

Now I'm not saying those discussions are wrong, just that whether they are or not is irrelevant as long as UFOlogy remains on the fringe. Our greatest weapon against disinfo is our inherent curiousity - and the more people that become curious - NOT "OMFG the SKY iS FALLING - RUN!!!!"-curious, but "hmmm...10 f-16's you say? that sounds more ridiculous than an alien spaceship"-curious - then the more likely we are to discover the truth.

You can't fool all the people all of the time.

So if we all want ATS to be better than 4000th most visited, then start giving other, "regular" people a reason to come here and contribute. But remember - if you are trying to sell them on the whole "trust no-one" philosophy - you still have to get them to trust YOU first!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

Yes and no....

There are documents much of it is probably "out of this world"

I can damn well tell you that the U.S government are sure to be hoaxing alot of these documents too. How much of these documents are actually not garbage, is what I'd like to know.

I can understand human denial as a result.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

This information..... has not been 'kept secret.' Humans are simply in denial... very scared.... and that is the largest proponent of why 'disclosure' is not present.

Precisely. When you think about how much more knowledge we have at our fingertips today compared to what the average individual believed about reality say 300 years ago.. I think the river of time is fast and people having problems keeping up with the rate of change in our consciousness. Humans need look no farther than their arrogance and fear. That is what hides the aliens. Not NASA. Not the government. It's really basic psychology at work.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I must say that sometimes the reasoning between some of the "NASA lies" escape me totally...

As you are probably aware, a lot of people here and elsewhere, claim that many Mars photos show proof of life (water geyser, trees, ruins of an ancient civilisation, "artificial" rocks and so forth...). Actually this has become routine, with some new "suspicious" photos at each new batch released by NASA.

If NASA is supposed to cover up those proofs, why the hell are they releasing those photos? They have complete control over them, they are the only source able to provide those for many years still, they could produce any photo they like instead of the "smoking gun of Alien life" ones and tell you it's what the Rover sent... It's not like anyone can contradict them (except Billy Meier if he goes to Mars, who knows heh!
).

If their job is to cover up the whole thing, they're doing a really bad work at it.

Some claims the photos have been altered to make some of those evidence less apparent, but once again, if that is true they should be fired from the Global Conspiracy because the doctoring is obviously not enough to stop people on message boards spotting all those alleged evidence. You would have guessed that in order to insure the most secret of secrets, NASA would at least have the budget to hire a professional Photoshop artist...

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Laeke]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join