It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would NASA lie?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I guess what I am trying to say in simpler terms is simply this.
Should intelligent life be discovered Science would have alot more revisions to tend to than religion.
All religion has to do is simply say; "Well I guess Jesus loves them too."

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Katrina and what happened in New Orleans should serve as the example of just how fragile our society has become. The foundation for society and our place in it is built on the belief we are the apex predators. Lucky for mankind NASA understands you can't un-ring a bell.

As members of ATS we far more enlightened than the common man, NASA is not worried about us. Until someone can discover an effective method to communicate to mankind as a whole without plunging it back to the dark ages. Or Until they land after the "massive fly over", NASA will continue to accumulate the data and deny us the truth. I'm actually okay with it because not all people can handle the truth. Perhaps I'm one of them.

But let's say NASA came out and said... Yup, there here and have been for a while. They're here for good and are looking to establish a colony on Earth and on April 22nd the galactic moving van arrives in your home state. So the question is this, OP, would you go to work tomorrow? If so, would you go to work on the 23rd?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

What evidence do you have that NASA is "denying the truth"?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by coconut

This board, others like it, eyewitness testimony from astronauts in NASA's own space program. Or basically the same evidence you have that they are not witholding the truth! What's your point?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
To impede the growth of genetic detonation. Knowing too much about our pasts, present, future could be too much for some.

They can't let the cat out the bag its against the laws to let any anomalies that are of foreign nature outside Earth mirco, or macro have its way into society without them strictly modifying the contents.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
But let's say NASA came out and said... Yup, there here and have been for a while. They're here for good and are looking to establish a colony on Earth and on April 22nd the galactic moving van arrives in your home state. So the question is this, OP, would you go to work tomorrow? If so, would you go to work on the 23rd?

That is kind of what my point is...we are still so small minded. If the mother ship showed and said there is a another place other than this...we would kill each other to get to the front of the line. So instead of overwhelming us with one big "HELLO...HERE WE ARE!" We will and should be introduced to them slowly and I mean over a span of hundreds of years, causwe are not even close to being ready for a shake up like that.

P.S. Hell no I wouldn't go to work...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
How about economic meltdown?

Gold and diamonds are relatively rare and hard to find here on Earth, but they are abundant elsewhere apparently. If it became widely known that ETs or anti-gravity technology existed, the world economy would probably collapse since it's based on precious materials like gold and diamonds.

If these became common and easily accessible, then money would become effectively worthless. The bankers/NWO run this planet, and all their power would evaporate over night. This would be a strong incentive, perhaps even more so that religious/panic reasons, to hide the truth!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

Gold and diamonds are relatively rare and hard to find here on Earth, but they are abundant elsewhere apparently. If it became widely known that ETs or anti-gravity technology existed, the world economy would probably collapse since it's based on precious materials like gold and diamonds.

If these became common and easily accessible, then money would become effectively worthless. The bankers/NWO run this planet, and all their power would evaporate over night. This would be a strong incentive, perhaps even more so that religious/panic reasons, to hide the truth!

What about 'free energy'?? no more need for oil...

Oil, incase people didn't allready know, is actually a tax on our freedom.

If the public were aware their was an alternative to oil, even from far-away galaxies, would they still be happy to pay the rip-off charges for gas/petrol??

NASA is a HUGE public smokescreen.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by The Wizard]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by riotact1

I have a six year old son who through the use of cartoons on television, games on his xbox, and content on the internet, (I believe) is being prepared for this event. Have you ever watched the tele-tubbies program on PBS? Do it sometime and you'll ask yourself what is the purpose of this program? The show depicts aliens as non-threatening entities that bounce around and do silly things. The 100 year "dumbing down" of our civilization to prepare us for the "truth" (that you elude to) has acually begun.

And not only would I not go to work, I'd stop making my mortgage payments, car payments, etc... Okay, maybe I'd go to work to see if my boss was stupid enough to show up, if he did I'd kick the # out of him as he deserves it.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The would you go to work question is a great point. If they announced microbial life on mars, then yes of course. If a huge mothership suddenly appeared then no, i would sit back with a few beers and watch what happens (after i had packed the cars with my bags, bottled water and lots of big pointy things)

But who would sell me the beer if no one worked, would looting take hold

hmmm

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Why would NASA lie? First of all NASA is a government organization. If there is a cover-up of the subject of UFOs and extraterrestrials by the U.S. government (and others) that means all of those government organizations near to the subject are hiding this fact from us, including NASA.

Its my opinion NASA is actually the most public arm of a disinformation plan put into place to make the public think that there is no otherworldly life near our planet. By continuing a facade that man is surveying the local star system alone, it gives most people the impression that reports on UFOs are false since NASA isn't reporting on them itself.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Frith]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Everything that is ufo/alien related gets classified as top secret and is exempt from disclosure. Nasa is just one of many government branches that is obligated to follow orders. Even if you ask for a FOIA document all the important stuff will be blacked out.

The question is why would nasa lie. Perhaps they have knowledge of a pending invasion and don't want to stir panic? But if that was the case then they would also not discuss other pending disasters such as nuclear holocausts, meteor impacts, race riots, earthquakes, tsunamis, etc. Why disclose some pending disasters and not all pending disasters? If we can handle everything else I don't see why we can't handle this as well.

In other words the deception is so extensive and well thought out on an international level that most likely suggests a multitude of reasons, some of which do not have the best interests of humanity in mind. If a lot of this forbidden knowledge remains in the occult and military-industrial complex then that means they can keep control over everyone and everything. Knowledge=power=money=influence!

I am not claiming to know everything but this is definetly something to ponder while we wait another 50 or more years to get partial disclosure.......that is assuming we are still alive!

[edit on 7-4-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well, the name NASA tells its own story. NEVER A STRAIGHT ANSWER. That is the way NASA and science work. You see, they have us trying to believe in everything that they tell us to be truth, that they know all the secrets of the universe, when in fact, they know jack. Lets face it, everything that they discover turn out to be wrong. Example: How the solar system was formed. That story has completly changed again.

If NASA and science is general where to come out and tell the real truth, they would be a laughing stock. They have told us for so many years is exclusive to earth, that even they might being to belive it (when their own ifo point otherwise)

Science as a rule is lazy! They do not like to have to rethink things outside of what they believe to be right. Science has been wrong in the past, wrong currently and always will be wrong until we think outside of our wee planet.

Getting the truth out of NASA is like getting the fact of going to war from Bush, impossible!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Dumbing down the population seems to be taking place to real extremes. Take the Roswell Rods for example. The extent the Discovery Channel goes to to make it seem they don't exist seems insane. Several Astronauts have been murdered by NASA for not playing or wanting to play be their rules. I think most of these "probes" are part of old technology used to create the illusion that's as good as it gets for now. I don't think NASA wants a motivated population to go to the Moon or Mars. I think that's because we're already their --- this ties into the missing people thread.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

This is an interesting idea but I don't know that we would suffer an economic meltdown, I mean "Money" is a concept, not a "reality" at least as I see it anyway.
I mean waaaaay back in, what was it 1913? When the U.S. Turned over the "money making process" (That is to create money "out of thin air") to the Federal Reserve with NO gold to "back it up" the U.S. dollar has been a note to represent... well nothing actually. And yet the U.S. did not become the "wealthiest nation in the world" till what the 40's or 50's Ironically long after our money ceased having anything that represents wealth to back it.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
panic in the streets lol what kind of retard would panic, i think you will be suprisd at how the public will handle it, yes they would be suprised but they wont go on a nervous breakdown or anything, i think the mojority will handle it just like us lot will

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Why would NASA Lie? Well then why do lies even exist? To cover up something and so NASA has many reasons to lie just like any other organization that works with the government spin doctors and they like all the others need to keep the lid on, otherwise the general masses would revolt and demand answers.

If NASA told the truth then that would force the hand of the military and government to come true on life beyond this world. They would have to share with us technology secrets that would make our world a better place to live and not under the yolk of big oil.

I wonder if anyone could name an agency that is a part or works with the military or government that does not lie? I can't be done!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I just can't buy into the idea that people are going to panic if NASA says that they've found evidence of like on othe planets.

For that matter, I don't beleve that acknowledging intelligent life outside of the earth will invalidate religion. If you believe in the creation story then you can easily believe that god created other races.

I don't have an answer for why NASA would lie.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I myself am a self-proclaimed christian, but I do not goto church, nor do I want to hear what the preachers have to say. I believe there is a God, there has to be some creation to everything. I refuse to believe that EVERYTHING has existed ALWAYS. If science tried to prove that, they may as well say 'Yes, there DEFINATELY is other life in the universe, but who knows where?'

'Matter cannot be created nor destroyed..." Well, that in of itself has to prove that something beyond our understanding is at hand. It doesn't necessarily prove a God exists, but it certainly proves that if we are correct, then this universe and all of its infinite matter just sat around idly(sp?) for [insert number beyond human comprehension] years until by mere coincidence the right materials collided and made a functioning form of life.

I think too many people are brainwashed by a bible that has been rewritten by man for thousands (if not more) of years. Tell them their religion has been smeared into a pool of lies and human manipulation for generations and they may just want to strike back at humanity. At the very least, how many people would go about killing, raping, or doing any other thing they please without the slightest guilt or fear of future punishment?

Admitting there is even the smallest form of life opens up a can of worms our 'leaders', whoever they may be, aren't ready to prepare us for. This frustrates me in the human race. At what point in history did people start giving in to power so that such a high rank in society can be achieved that no one knows who you are, yet you control everything... When did that happen?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well, I'm a Sheeple, and I doubt I personally would go crazy - but I guess that depends on the information potentially being held from us.

I mean, if the ETs we're supposed be in clandestine contact with are merely going to bring us the secrets to fat-free, delicious French fries that cure cancer, I really don't see why that would cause panic. It might be withheld for the profit of a pharmaceutical company, but shouldn't cause panic.

On the other hand, if these ETs want to eat all our brains and we can do nothing to stop it, keeping it hush hush for the sake of giving the Sheeple like myself a few more years of worrying about nothing more than taxes and Dancing with the Stars could actually be seen as a great form of mercy .

Also, there's a point made by Orwell in 1984 that might apply here. At the end - (Spoilers for anyone who didn't read this in school and really really wants to be surprised)

- it's found that the 3 governments ruling at the time want power - the more they have the more they want. Not to do anything with it - they just want power. They even want to control what you think, so they institute Thought-Crime as another form of power over the people. They re-work the language used in everyday speech to remove words that can lead to thoughts they disapprove of - no words to convey thought, no unapproved thought. Perfect control. Part of this power-mongering (in the book) is complete control of the information passed onto the people. In some crazy way, someone high up could have decided that the plebians aren't ready, or capable of handling the idea that we're not alone, and they won't admit anything until they're hand is forced, or until they're good and ready.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join