It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonny Bono Assassinated by Hitmen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Sonny Bono Assassinated by Hitmen?

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

SONNY Bono, former husband and singing partner of superstar Cher, was clubbed to death by hitmen on the orders of drug and weapons dealers who feared he was going to expose them, a former FBI agent claims.

Ted Gunderson, now a private investigator, has told the US Globe tabloid that Bono, who served as mayor of Palm Springs for four years, did not die after hitting a tree on a Nevada ski slope in January 1998 as everyone believed.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
WHOA! This is the first I've heard of this! I wonder WHO exactly these group of 'top officials' are? This could possibly develope into a HUGE story...

The former agent, who has been researching Bono's accident for the past decade, said top officials linked to an international drug and weapons ring feared the singer-turned-politician was about to expose their crimes - so they had him killed on the slopes.

Bono, an experienced skiier, was ambushed on the slopes by hired hitmen, who beat him to death and then staged a tree collision, Mr Gunderson said.

www.theaustraliannews.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The link isn't working. It appears to be going to a search site instead of an actual news site.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

Thanks for the heads up. Link is fixed. Hopefully this starts recieving some coverage. The investigator behind it was a former FBI Investigator, so he may be able to expose these people...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Interesting article. I am not sure what to think of it. Is it the ravings of a madman, or something more? If he gets the court order to exume the body, it should be interesting to read about the results... if they aren't bought off or something.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
One FBI agent who wasn't there who may have received this as some type of disclosure to get off of some charge? Some people make up stories like these also as some type of false lead to suspected snitches.

I wonder if organized crime now puts those chips on their people also? Some may suspect they often have better surveilance techniques than our government. Does the Mafia still exist in the US or not?

Sonny Bono isn't the only one to die from a skiing accident like this. Wasn't one of the Kennedy's also? Or is that only reinforcing this story?

Maybe the trees were in on it? Of course they may have been innocent bystanders also. It might be he was being chased by them and he then ran into a tree trying to get away into the woods.

And maybe they were really the paparazzi? That seems to be a good cover also.

There's also that saying: Can't see the forest for the trees

[edit on 5-4-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This caught my eye due to Ted Gunderson being involved.
I am guessing it is the same Ted Gunderson who also investigated the Johnny Gosch case.
Good find, worth watching the progress of this one.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Drugs and weapons?

Hell all those terrible hits in the 60's was enough to put a contract out on him.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i have no opinion on this particular theory of his death. interesting though.

how ever, i always believed his death was suspicious. when a crime is convicted, for suspects, one must look at who benefits the most. why i was suspicious? the behavior of his wife the day he died and the circumstances.

here we have a famous congressman. he is out skiing. he is missing/overdue for something like 2 hours. his wife sits in a bar calmly and does not send out a search party. turns out, she was screwing around on him with somebody who worked for her. she starts to trash his reputation in many ways shortly after he is buried. she says that he was addicted to drugs after he was (could not defend himself) dead, though nothing was in his system after the autopsy. she inherits his wealth. she is picked to fill his seat. she has herself become

put it all together, she was the one who benefitted the most from his death.

just some thoughts. have a good day!

[edit on 5-4-2008 by blackthorne]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
See, I always knew that "hittin' sum trees" never killed no-one.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I would like to apologize beforehand for what I'm about to post in reply to Alxandro:

More likely they were singing "The Beat Goes On."

Sorry...

And, yes a Kennedy died the "same way" just days before Sonny:

On January 5, 1998, Bono died of injuries after hitting a tree while skiing at the Heavenly Ski Resort near South Lake Tahoe, California. He was 62 years old. Bono's death came just days after Michael Kennedy died in a similar accident.
Wkikpedia | Sonny and Cher

Some suspect it was the Russian Mob that wacked him:

Congressman Sonny was targeted because he played a large role in the U.S. government's war on drugs, say insiders. He was co-sponsor of the Methamphetamine Elimination Act of 1997 and bravely stood up to pushers like the ruthless Russian Mob.

They believe the gangsters put a contract out on Sonny's life after they were unable to blackmail him into taking the pressure off their growing empire, Top secret Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) files-- obtained under the Freedom of Information Act-- support his shocking conclusion.
SONNY BONO WAS MURDERED

Here's how it may have gone down:

Insiders say the deadly scenario probably played out like this: a woman pretending to have fallen after skiing off the trail sets the trap by calling out Sonny for help.

But just as he nears the damsel in distress, he sees two menacing thugs emerge from the nearby woods on skiis. Realizing he's been set up, Sonny hightails it down the run in a desperate bid to save his life. The assassins follow in hot pursuit until their dire work is done-- Sonny loses control and crashes into a tree.

Investigators have pored over security videotapes and have pinpointed three mysterious figures, a woman and two men. Only the woman was registered as a guest at the Heavenly Resort lodge, and it was later learned she paid with a stolen credit card.
SONNY BONO WAS MURDERED

R.I.P. Sonny.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This is not the first time I heard about Sonny Bono being murdered Vs the official sotry that he had a skiing accident. He was messing with the rough people and was murdered for it. In this country, if you are no body, they find something to trump up and throw you in jail but if you are famous and loved, they assassinate you with what can be spun off as a freak accident.

I am not joking but there is nothing anyone can do about it.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
i just heard about this on the radio this morning for the first time!

i thought it was very interesting, because Michael Kennedy had the same skiing "accident" shortly after... were they "prepping" us for Kennedy's assassination??

i think they were both wiped out, especially knowing that Bono was also active in politics...

they said some guy was trying to get Sonny's body exhumed so they can perform a murder investigation... will they do the same for Kennedy?

...talk about opening a can of worms...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
*** Attention ***

IF you're not going to discuss this seriously then please don't bother posting.

Off topic posts will be deleted.

Thank You.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I am glad this is seeing the light of day. I had first heard about this through Coast to Coast AM . Ian Punnet interviewed Bob Fletcher who was the person who brought information to Sonny in the first place. Fletcher also feels responsible for Sonny's death.

I found his story interesting. While I didn't exactly agree with his weapon theories or the exact way it supposedly transpired, but the people and motives sounded plausable.

If this is true, it could turn our world around toward a positive direction by it being exposed.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by xman_in_blackx]

new topics

top topics

join