It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

u already found ur soulmate?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I am married to my soulmate, at first I didn't realize he was my soulmate, it took a lot of drama for me and finally 2 kids to realize that he was truly the one, but we've been together for 11 years now, married for almost 6 years, and I can't see myself being with anyone else.

well except for the Rock (dwayne johnson) but that would be only for a one night stand
(joke) I think hahaha

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I don't think you're ever really positive you've found your soulmate until you've lost him or her forever, thus debunking the whole destiny theory unless you ascribe to predestined misery.

so true. you dont know what you got til its gone.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
im just 16. i've experienced a relationship that lasted for three years and i thought it was love but found out the hard way theres a thin line...

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by happyk
im just 16. i've experienced a relationship that lasted for three years and i thought it was love but found out the hard way theres a thin line...

Ahhhh! Don't get too depressed about it (even though I know that to be of little comfort). Everyone that I know has believed, at the time, that their first love would last forever and was devistated when it didn't work out. When you are a teenager everything seems like a life and death situation; it happens to everyone. Don't worry so much about finding what you call your 'soulmate'; you still have many years to go.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
im not worried so much as curious. thanks though. i havent lost faith just yet...

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It took 37 years of trial and error (mostly error) before I found my soulmate. And even now there are some bastards trying to cause us problems.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
that pixy image is haunting me...

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Relax..your tutor is likely simply feeling depressed because they haven't found theirs... But, assuming you're young, there is still time, so don't think it will be the next day or any thing....

I found, and married my soulmate, after years of friendship, and while the signs were always there, it took a while for me to realize she was my soulmate...so don't think you'll always know right at first glance either....

Keep up hope, for it's the hope that draws you two together...a bond that transcends miles and years.....

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I am with my soulmate, have been for many years. Like drunk we broke up many times but always found our way back to each other, it makes you realise how much they really mean to you.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Havent found him yet....

I think theres certain people you can get along with really well. I think theres soulmates, but maybe thats just because I would like to believe something like that exists.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I don't know what a soulmate could be defined as. I've had several lovers, some of which were and still are close personal friends. I've loved many of these women bit, I don't know if I've ever been in love. I feel whole by myself and more conflicted when I'm half of a couple. Maybe I'm my own soulmate.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Maybe I'm my own soulmate.

that does make sense but its is kinda discomforting dont you think? much nicer 2 imagine a fairy tale

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Maybe I'm my own soulmate.

that does make sense but its is kinda discomforting dont you think? much nicer 2 imagine a fairy tale

But isn't the reason that we are all on ATS that we don't want to believe fairy tales?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
About 7 years nows we have broken up 7 times thats like once ayear but we always manage to get back together

do u still meet people and think damn i wish i wasnt with my girlfriend? or does that just not happen

Sometimes but that only happens when i am with my mates tho

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I hope it's true, it's possible. I reject anyone who I think is not my soulmate. I feel lonely because of that, but oh well.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by happyk

I used to believe there was no such thing as a soulmate until I met my current boyfriend. Having a soulmate does not necessarily mean everyday is perfect, there is no fighting, or you are just alike. You have to learn to grow together. You will always have evil around..trying to make your life hell. It's weird because my boyfriend and I share each others physical pains. For example: It will be my time of the month and he has my cramps. Before I met him I never had digestive issues or stomach problems and he has always had them because of medical issues....well now sometimes I will have them and he will not. It's weird because I have never experienced anything like this before and he hasn't either. A lot of the time we will know what each other are thinking or feeling...we don't even have to be in the same city to do this. I have tried searching for this type of phenomenon on the net and I haven't really found anything on it. I have been told this is what sort of happens when you are soulmates...kind of like the other person has a part of you and you have a part of them to become one. Has anyone else experienced this before?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
how do u even know if you really love someone? i mean most of the people think they love their partners in every relationships they have. isnt that a little too much love? i mean is that what we understand about LOVE ? Is this strong word so unspecial, that u love every person you have a relationship with at the moment?
if love is what i would wish it is, then there must be someone for everyone (or maybe a few, but of course not everyone you date) you clearly feel that the love is so special and like it never had been before.
but again, how can u ever be sure that there couldnt be something stronger? when do you reach the ultimate love-level then?
i really hope, that u just know when it happens - little too fairytale-style, i know.

but for me fact is that most of the people use the word "love" and are not even close to "love" how i would define it.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I just found that quote, which kind of fits in that tread:

"Love is a dirty trick played on us to achieve the continuation of the species."

William Somerset Maugham

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I think we are all puzzle pieces, being shuffled from one box to another. And in each of the boxes, are puzzle pieces that fit with us. Some of the puzzle pieces move on with us to other boxes, and some don't.

I don't think there is ONE set person for everyone. I think there are plenty of people (what is there like 6 billion people on the planet right now? ish? give or take a couple hundered thousand?) among us all, that could fit perfectly for you and for me. Serioulsy 6 billion people? And there is only ONE for us? What are the chances of meeting that person? 1 in 6 billion ish? That logic is too flawed for my thinking.

I don't believe in Soulmates. I do howerver, believe that none of us needs to be alone, unless we so choose. Because there are people out there who fit with us, we just gotta wait till we find them.

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
My case was a very rare one. My experience in dating was pretty much ... non-existent. Still is. Then about 5 years ago I met a woman who clicked with me. She filled a hole in me that I never knew that I had. She taught me that it was all right to have emotions and that I didn't need to be a rock for her. She was what I would call a soulmate. We became engaged to each other. Life we felt was going to be a glorious adventure for us. We felt wonderful in knowing that we wouldn't be going through life alone anymore. Two lonely people no more alone. Roughly 9 months after I proposed and she accepted she passed away due to kidney failure.

Speaking from experience yes it is indeed possible for a soulmate to exist. In my case I wasn't looking but it happened. You just never know. Don't give up hope. However don't go through life waiting on that "perfect" one. It can lead to a life of loneliness.

Edit: spelling

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Deson]

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Deson]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join