It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atlantean Conspiracy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I for one Skyfloating am happy to act as an unofficial and ad hoc peer review to your future book.

There are actually mysteries out there.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Yes, that will happen.

(this is no one-liner)

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by freight tomsen

Hanslune, Harte, cormac and a few others have been patrolling this thread since a long time and make sure anything remotely alternative is quickly refuted.

I resemble that remark!

My aim is only to provide the other side of the story, as far as I have learned it in my own attempts in the past to do exactly what you are trying to do in this thread.

Only for me, it was Atlantis whereas you are (at least in this thread) concentrating on Ancient Egypt.

As a former believer myself, I took some convincing as well, although I didn't have anyone helping me the way I've tried to help others here (and elsewhere.)

Harte

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

In all the bickering going on in the last months between the factions, Ive never expressed that the opposing view is actually appreciated.

Proper journalism always looks at both sides. Id be ignorant to miss that.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

"At the same time, and an age after or more, the inhabitants of the great Atlantis did flourish. ....be all poetical and fabulous; yet so much is true, that the said country of Atlantis, as well that of Peru, then called Coya, as that of Mexico, then named Tyrambel, were mighty and proud kingdoms, in arms, shipping, and riches; so mighty, as at one time, or at least within the space of ten years, they both made two great expeditions; they of Tyrambel through the Atlantic to the Mediterranean Sea.....

Sir Francis Bacon's A new Atlantis oregonstate.edu...

North america and sourth america is the Lost continent.

The destruction of America/Atlantis

"But the divine revenge overtook not long after those proud enterprises. For within less than the space of 100 years the Great Atlantis was utterly lost and destroyed; not by a great earthquake, as your man saith, for that whole tract is little sub- ject to earthquakes, but by a particular deluge, or inundation; those countries having at this day far greater rivers, and far higher mountains to pour down waters, than any part of the old world. But it is true that the same inundation was not deep, nor past forty foot, in most places, from the ground, so that although it destroyed man and beast generally, yet some few wild inhabitants of the wood escaped. Birds also were saved by flying to the high trees and woods. For as for men, although they had buildings in many places higher than the depth of the water, yet that inundation, though it were shallow, had a long continuance, whereby they of the vale that were not drowned perished for want of food, and other things necessary. So as marvel you not at the thin population of America, nor at the rudeness and ignorance of the people; for you must account your inhabitants of America as a young people, younger a thou- sand years at the least than the rest of the world, for that there was so much time between the universal flood and their particu- lar inundation.

oregonstate.edu...

And the begining of of the Aztec/Atlan /Coyo/maya

For the poor remnant of human seed which remained in their mountains, peopled the country again slowly, by little and little, and being simple and a savage people (not like Noah and his sons, which was the chief family of the earth), they were not able to leave letters, arts, and civility to their posterity; and having likewise in their mountainous habitations been used, in respect of the extreme cold of those regions, to clothe them- selves with the skins of tigers, bears, and great hairy goats, that they have in those parts; when after they came down into the valley, and found the intolerable heats which are there, and knew no means of lighter apparel, they were forced to begin the custom of going naked, which continueth at this day. Only they take great pride and delight in the feathers of birds, and this also they took from those their ancestors of the moun- tains, who were invited unto it, by the infinite flight of birds, that came up to the high grounds, while the waters stood below. So you see, by this main accident of time, we lost our traffic with the Americans, with whom of all others, in regard they lay nearest to us, we had most commerce. As for the other parts of the world, it is most manifest that in the ages follow- ing (whether it were in respect of wars, or by a natural revolu- tion of time) navigation did everywhere greatly decay, and specially far voyages (the rather by the use of galleys, and such vessels as could hardly brook the ocean) were altogether left and omitted. So then, that part of intercourse which could be from other nations to sail to us, you see how it hath long since ceased; except it were by some rare accident, as this of yours. But now of the cessation of that other part of intercourse, which might be by our sailing to other nations, I must yield you some other cause. But I cannot say if I shall say truly, but our ship- ping, for number, strength, mariners, pilots, and all things that appertain to navigation, is as great as ever; and therefore why we should sit at home, I shall now give you an account by itself; and it will draw nearer, to give you satisfaction, to your prin- cipal question.

oregonstate.edu...

[edit on 14-4-2008 by IvanZana]

[edit on 14-4-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I've been reading your book this evening and found it quite entertaining. I will admit that I am pretty familiar with most of what you discuss. However, I do want to make one criticism - amanita mushrooms do not contain '___', as far as I know. I have studied shamanism somewhat extensively and have become a bit familiar with the "spirit vine" ayahuasca as well as varieties of mushrooms, and never have I come across a reference to '___' in amanita muscaria.

According to one trusted source, the chemical makeup of amanita is as follows:

Erowid: Amanita - Chemistry

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Someone else mentioned that to me and now I'm not 100% sure myself. Whether it's '___' or another psychoactive, they affect the pineal gland and that is the main point. Also Dr. Strassman says:

"'___' exists in all of our bodies and occurs throughout the plant and
animal kingdoms. It is a part of the normal makeup of humans and other
mammals; marine animals; grasses and peas; toads and frogs; mushrooms and molds; and barks, flowers, and roots. Psychedelic alchemist Alexander Shulgin devotes an entire chapter to '___' in TIHKAL: Tryptamines I Have Known and Loved. He aptly entitles this chapter "'___' Is Everywhere" and declares: "'___' is . . . in this flower here, in that tree over there, and in yonder animal. [It] is, most simply, almost everywhere you choose to look." Indeed, it is getting to the point where one should report where '___' is not found, rather than where it is."Dr. Rick Strassman, “'___' – The Spirit Molecule” (42)

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
You are reaching the philosophical point of "nothing is real", unfortunately once you reach that point there not much point in hanging around. LOL

hehe, actually, I accept the possibility nothing I experience may be real in the way I think it is, but as the old phrase goes "I think, therefore I am" which means: SOMETHING is real, even if its completely different to what I imagine it to be (eg we are all simulated on a computer or thoughts in some ultra smart beings brains (which is kind of the same thing))

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
there will always be a critic...but to HANSLUNE...I ask in what type of environment you were brought up in..simply to ascertain where your logic originates..
Im not condemning nor praising your logic, but rather curious as to what you have read and heard about, as opposed to what you have truly experienced...
not all of this book is legit..but a large portion of it does happen to ring true...you have to learn how to see the forest instead of simply only the trees...the microcosm and the macrocosm...the left and the right side of your brain...
also to the author of this book...I admire a large quantity of your research, but at the same time the way you projected yourself was in a way incongruent with the message you seemed to be getting at through your book.
Im aware of what passion can do to the mind, as Im sure you are as well...but don't let it get to your head. Who did you write the book for...the uninformed or for yourself?
Humbleness deserves much more of my respect...
but all in all a good read...
study more quantum physics, metaphysics and paganism and you will begin to see...its all around you...
sometimes its scary to think of the epic proportions of the conspiracy, but its nothing to fear at all....
simply ignore the focus on yourself and shift your focus on how you can give...
peace and love to you all

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I just began reading your book. Skimmed through most of the secret society stuff I'm familiar with but I'm fairly new to symbolism and the way all these things are used by the Freemasons to subconsciously implant ideas in us.
It can't be all coincidence, there's too many logos with too much predictable numerology in them.

Hoping for some great threads on specific symbols/numbers in pop culture, industries and historical dates. In fact I'll have to search to make sure I don't double post but being able to explain to people the numerical and symbolic significance of certain things they see every day should awaken even the most skeptical person to the NWO. I mean it's right there, in our faces, and most of us have no idea why or what the significance of it is!

Great read so far.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join