It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atlantean Conspiracy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cormac mac airt

As to Yonaguni I still find it interesting that Robert Schoch, that renowned geologist who gave us the water erosion of the Sphinx theory, has also looked at the "monument" and declared it entirely NATURAL.

You do use the same pat-answers in every thread.

Why do the same people that label him a fraud later use him as a reference?

Because they filter out anything inconvinient to their belief and factor in everything matching their belief.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Howdy Skyfloating

I'm doing my taxes so I'm annoyed ! I apologize in advance hehe

One question: so is Schoch is right about the Sphinx and right about Yonaguni or is right about the Sphinx and wrong about Yonaguni?

How do you determine that?

Oh by the way SF you do know that you have some pat answers too - shall we list them? LOL

[edit on 11/4/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Because they filter out anything inconvinient to their belief and factor in everything matching their belief.

No, I just find it HILARIOUS that the fringe will use someone to back their beliefs when convenient, but when that person declares something other than a fringe interpretation, you never seem to hear about it. Wonder why?

cormac

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

No, I just find it HILARIOUS that the fringe will use someone to back their beliefs when convenient, but when that person declares something other than a fringe interpretation, you never seem to hear about it. Wonder why?

cormac

Actually it's a bit sad

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I lack the naive trust in someone just because he authors books. When I see stairs and straight lines and worked surfaces underwater I assume artificial build, regardless of what Schoch says or doesnt say.

Hanslune once asked me to stop talking and "go out there and research".

When I say straight lines Im talking as a diver who has dived here and there in the world and never ever seen natural structures looking like that underwater. The notion seems bizzare to me.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
In fact...if you know diving and have been diving you know there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe that these structures are natural.

Only someone who has never seen underwater life and ocean floors could make such a statement.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
May I suggest that you look at a full diagram of the Yonaguni site. Plus I haven't ruled out a natural site modified by humans.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
May I suggest that you look at a full diagram of the Yonaguni site. Plus I haven't ruled out a natural site modified by humans.

ah...your very own conspiracy-theory
This website is beginning to rub off on you.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Conspiracy theory?

Until work is done on both the land and sea side no one can say positively that is completely nature or a natural site modified slightly by man.

I go with 99% natural with possible modification by man.

Schoch on Yonaguni

Let me know what you find fault with

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Let me know what you find fault with

Slight misunderstanding: I am not saying that the site itself is manmade, I am saying that the site is artificially altered / carved and in this sense "manmade".

I thought you had the conspiracy-theory in mind that someone went down their in recent times in order to fabricate proof of manmade structures.

Keep in mind that we´re talking about other sites and islands with similar structures as well. I havent seen any pictures of these other sites but there is talk of them.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Read Schochs article and you'll see why there are similar structures on land and under the sea in that area - all due to geology.

Added diagrams

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

When I see stairs

How do you know they are stairs?

and worked surfaces

Any chisel marks? Saw marks? Other indications they have been worked by humans?

I assume artificial build

Your assumptions are irrelevant.

When I say straight lines Im talking as a diver

Your unspoken insinuation here is that divers know more than geologists and that geological processes DON'T happen underwater. Do you know this to be a fact?

never ever seen natural structures looking like that underwater

Doesn't mean they don't occur, just that you are unaware of such.

I know it's not the same type of rock, but I have seen slate deposits "stairstep", "break off with straight edges" and "right angles". It's at least possible that the Yonaguni material can too.

Until some evidence of having been worked by humans such as chisel marks, saw marks, or other indications turns up there is no reason to believe it's anything other than a natural, although possibly little known, geological process.

I am willing to be proven wrong, but it's going to take alot more than assumptions.

cormac

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm going to say that the images above struck me as natural formations, much as I wanted to see clear evidence of a city under the sea.

It is frustrating to me that I know the Atlanteans exist/ed. But I have no proof, yet. I know the palaces will be found, and perhaps they already have been, but we don't have a leak... [shrug]

Well, you're probably wondering how I "know" about the Atlanteans. And that is a fair question to ask. To any who would scoff, I honor your skepticism. If I did not have the "vision" I have, and was, as I am, dearly enthralled with logic, I wouldn't believe me.

That is why the palaces are the evidence I seek. I figure it's coming soon - or I'm merely crazy. Or, it will never escape Them...?

Heh. I guess I have only time to tell... [grin]

'Course, if it's the latter, we'll likely never know whether it's them - or me. [shrug]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If you have the time and option to do so may I suggest becoming a geologist. With a specialization is ocean bottom research. If Atlantis existed that is where it will be found.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

His link is to an unsourced web link - and the quote is different from the one he uses.

[buzzer sounds]

yet my point stands: he gave you a rough source, he gave you a quote, I have seen that very version all over the web (unless I havent been paying attention and missed a varying part of it?), and all i needed to do to find it was take a small section and paste into google. Perhaps this is not a book for those who follow "preset societal rules", but for those who can be bothered thinking for themselves? (and yet I STILL agree that proper references would be better, and please dont "bzzzt, wrong answer" me, thats particularly belittling)

Bizarre conspiracy: Russia and Eastern Europe had far superior methods of "control" but the conspiracy let all those nations lose, hey The fascist nations had even better ones and economic growth - why get rid of them?

Compare the world of 1913 to today? Which is more free? .....2008 by far, the colonies are gone, the monarchies are mostly gone, many men and women now have the vote, many people live under the rule of law, trade is more abundant, information flow up by 1000's%

Those rockerfella boys are sure morons when it comes to suppressing people LOL

Not bizarre in the slightest.

for you to say we now have a "vote" just shows how little you understand how this works.

while I dont want to reduce a complex issue down to a mere cartoon reference, have you ever seen the southpark episode about the "turd and the douchebag"? giving the choice between illuminati family clinton and freemason obama (or hehehe "9/11 coverup" guilliani at one stage) is not my idea of "freedom" or "democracy WHATSOEVER. You are given 2 to 3 pre-picked choices, and thats it. Same applies wherever you are (eg me in Australia), and thats if you assume for some naive reason that the electronic voting machines, from the company run by the man who dedicated them to winning the election for bush, are not rigged

the idea is this: ruling by monarchy and visible dictatorship is hard work, always putting down rebellions, fighting off other monarchies, overthrow attempts etc etc.

if instead a situation can be put in where educated people such as yourself can be fooled into thinking they have freedom and the situation is just crap because of standard human imperfection, then people can be more enslaved than ever, and yet, not rebel against it, for they do not know who to rebel against!

to be honest, I've got to go back to FT's comment here and say: perhaps you should read some books on this? you seem almost totally unaware of the entire idea of the NWO conspiracy, as if all you've read about it are the huge claims of conspiracy with none of the rationale and evidence behind them. I know of quite a few similar issues I was extremely doubtful about, untill I found a real description of them by someone who new what they were talking about, and realised most of the counter arguments I had been reading were strawmen.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cormac mac airt

The legend of atlantis is ~12KYA. What cultures did since then is entirely up to them...

as to RS of sphinx fame, he did not say they are purely natural, that is a lie, (from what I remember of the doco where I saw him talking about it) he said he believed they were likely natural shapes modified and augmented by humans.

of course since you are quoting him, here, I assume you now believe him to be right about the sphinx?
(just joshing ya)

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cormac mac airt

cormac

the "fringe" as you call it looks with their own eyes and makes up their own mind. We (*) quote experts when they can be found agreeing with us for the likes of people (perhaps) like you, who will only believe something (or more to the point, properly consider it in the first place) if "experts" believe it too. Of course if those same "experts" happened to believe ALL of what we are saying, the suddenly become no longer "experts" and now "Kooks", so, yes, we take what we can get

in other words: if they agreed with everything we proposed, it is very unlikely they would still be considered experts. Human beings are fallible, people NEVER know all the information, therefore differing opinions are the norm.

(*)I really shouldnt say "we", there are those who look for truth with a somewhat scientific overview but a properly open mind (please dont make some retarded remark about brains falling out), and there are also those who just latch onto whatever they want to believe. This is of course true to both sides of the argument. (and there are those who exploit both sides for money)

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Howdy Diablomonic

I'm well aware of the NWO theory and reject it for being unfounded and a whole lot of nonsense. Example no matter what happens in history - it was the NWO who did it, even if it is completely illogical. The world is a much freer place than in 1913. So you don't like the two party system? Well tell us how the US president should be selected.

I've tried to avoid engaging you on it on this board because this is not a political conspiracy board. However you don't seem to have grasp that concept. [whacking you on the head] LOL

If you wish to discuss political conspiracy we can do so on the JREF conspiracy board but not on this archaeological board.

To a previous matter. FT use of the quote is incorrect, no matter how you slice it. AFAICT it is made up/taken out of context. I have met Dr. Renfrew and have read a number of his books. FT has tried to twist his words into a meaning that is simply not there. I have read (twice) the book he thinks the quote comes from, the context and meaning simply isn't there.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

not sure if this is directed at me, But I would love to!. Maybe one day when I have the time and money. Certainly if I ever win tatslotto(*) one of the things I will buy is dive gear/boat/personal submarine

(*)of course you have to play tats to win, and (un)fortunately, I dont...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by diablomonic
reply to post by Hanslune

not sure if this is directed at me, But I would love to!. Maybe one day when I have the time and money. Certainly if I ever win tatslotto(*) one of the things I will buy is dive gear/boat/personal submarine

(*)of course you have to play tats to win, and (un)fortunately, I dont...

that was directed towards the Shinto goddess (Amaterasu) but it can certainly apply to yourself.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join