It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stonehenge Dig, WHY NOW???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hey everyone, hope you are all well and happy

I was watching the news the other day (something i usually try and avoid!) and found out that archeologists have just begun a dig at stonehenge. Apparently it's the 1st one thats been allowed in 44 years.

I've been trying to find out about what exactly the government is up to with the whole NWO thing and in my search found some really interesting info

From what i can gather they are trying to form this "one world government" but they need the approval of the people so are trying to further brain wash us with things that will make us cry to the government for help... so what i want to know is

Why are they digging up stonehenge so close to 2012, does this have anything to do with world religions being torn apart?

i heard that the place that stonehenge is built on is one of the earths chakras, do you think this is important?

also, this would tie in with the project blue beam article

have a look at the links below and let me know what you think

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2008/03/31/nstonehenge131.xml

educate-yourself.org...

i look forward to hearing your views, but can we please keep it polite!

Love and light

Real x

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
From what I've read, this is just more of an investigation to it's history through geological and archeological evidence. For those who suspect alien involvenment, this may be an original crop circle or landing spot event from these visitors and or even a where some people may have been transferred to from another distant location.

So maybe it still is just an aniversery spot these people would vist in the hopes of these visitors returning also. It would be interesting if remote viewing these areas told us more exact details.

It would appear from past reports that some tribe of people lived there for a period of time as some type of base camp and or temple. I would suspect they may find evidence of a fire pit at it's center used for heating in the winter and the stones were used as reinforcement pillars for roof supports and to transfer and retain heat from transferred coals from the fire pit. I might also suspect then that there may be stones they also used in these fires.

Why now may only be because science has advanced enough to prove this expedition more worthy of it's efforts. Someone or some groups are probably funding this for research points. Maybe some psychic claims are also behind it. More accurate dates might suggest a relationship to 2012 and some other cycle. Maybe someone is trying to prove it's one of the oldest remaining settlements also?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What if they started digging in 1999 - it is close to 2000? People dig when they have ideas ,money and permission. I guess that these three sacral forces combined and resulted in archaeological effort.

Or perhaps they are digging out ancient spaceship to defend us against alien invasion, i can be wrong sometimes.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thing is, 2000 has gone but 2012 hasn't, until it has i'm afraid i've heard and read to much about it not to want to at least ask a few questions.
I just find the stonehenge dig a little curious, i never said i believed wholeheartedly in anything, so if you look again at the title of this thread, you'll see it's a question, not a statement

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
What if they started digging in 1999 - it is close to 2000? People dig when they have ideas ,money and permission. I guess that these three sacral forces combined and resulted in archaeological effort.

Or perhaps they are digging out ancient spaceship to defend us against alien invasion, i can be wrong sometimes.

i thought its 2008

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsFrickenAndrew

OP suggested that it is too close to 2012 (doomsday year) and i brought up one of a previous "doomsday" years - 2000.
And even brought the dig date closer (year difference,not 4 years.)

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Rather than tie in with any 2012, Project Blue Beam or any other esoteric theory, I think this new session of excavations has more to do with Tesco's proposed mega-distribution-hub scheduled to be build in Andover and will carry 40ton rigs past the ancient monument on the single-lane A303.

As there will only be a limited time-span to gather archaelogical evidence to present to the planning permission enquiry that is bound to ensue, that such high-traffic volumes will permanently disturb the Salisbury Plains site, the dig-team will be seeking to obtain as much evidence that may be seen to be destroyed by traffic-vibrations to the stonehenge site as possible

link to Tesco plans story:

The Guardian "Arriving soon at Stonehenge: 480 trucks a day from Tesco's mega-shed"

It is known as "the gateway to the south-west" and the "holiday trail". But the A303, which links Devon with the M3, is also notorious as a road plagued by tailbacks where frustrated families queue for hours en route to the English riviera and beyond.

It may be about to get worse. On a greenfield site just outside Andover, Hampshire, Tesco is planning to open a warehouse which, at more than 85,000 sq metres (21 acres), will be one of the biggest buildings in Europe. It will be bigger than Heathrow's terminal 5 and the height of four double-decker buses, each stacked on top of the other.

Every minute of every hour, day and night for 364 days a year, an average of one Tesco juggernaut will roll in or out of the so-called MegaShed.

Suppliers bringing in goods destined for Tesco's stores are likely to produce as much heavy goods traffic again. About half the lorries, according to the developer, will head east towards London and the M3 - back in the direction from which most of the goods have arrived. One in five will head down the A303 past Stonehenge, where the road becomes a single carriageway...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

"2012" is a celestial event, based upon the winter solstice.

"2000" was simply a Gregorian calendar event of little cosmic significance.

Originally posted by ItsFrickenAndrew
i thought its 2008

Wait, the alien invasion is supposed to start in 2008, no?

reply to post by citizen smith

Let's hope they're not building a hyperspace bypass!

Don't panic!

Have you got your towel?

[edit on 5-4-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well the problem was, they were thinking of a year when it was least likely the paranoid ignorant would least likely draw any daft ideas .... 2008 seemed innocuous. But I guess not. If you want to invent a conspiracy every year since 56,561,771BC will have some significance .....

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Let's hope they're not building a hyperspace bypass!

Don't panic!

Have you got your towel?

Absolutely! and earplugs in the event of a 'poetry reading' too

[edit on 5-4-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
thank you for all your ideas, i like the tesco theory smith!

As for the whole 2012 thing, can i just remind you guys this isn't a thread about whether or not that is happening, it's about the stonehenge dig,

i simply asked if there were any significance between that and 2012 or blue beam / nwo etc

Also, i am well aware that it's 4 years until 2012, but in my opinion things don't happen overnight

oh, and a general statement...........
if you're not interested in certain topics, maybe you shouldn't post and spoil it for those who are

one more thought... if they can x-ray people, why can't they x-ray the ground and save digging up things that might get damaged??

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by realism
one more thought... if they can x-ray people, why can't they x-ray the ground and save digging up things that might get damaged??

That was my first thought.

What if they damage more than they reveal?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Remember, "they" are also digging deeper at Gaza. Iraqs archeological treasures have been pilfered.... and didn't they poke around the caves in Afganastan?
"They are looking for something.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Remember, "they" are also digging deeper at Gaza. Iraqs archeological treasures have been pilfered.... and didn't they poke around the caves in Afghanistan?
"They are looking for something.

True, but they have been looking for a very long time. IMO, they are chasing their tails, deceived by the original liar.

new topics

top topics

join