It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Were Orders to Follow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

There Were Orders to Follow

www.nytim es.com

You can often tell if someone understands how wrong their actions are by the lengths to which they go to rationalize them. It took 81 pages of twisted legal reasoning to justify President Bush’s decision to ignore federal law and international treaties and authorize the abuse and torture of prisoners.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Interesting to me that the current administration had to re-define torture to keep torturing prisoners.

www.nytim es.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
These puke-stains upon humanity are WAR CRIMINALS---Period. I hope that some Court (obviously outside of the completely corrupted, croney-Laden Supreme Court here in the states) brings them up charges for their crimes against humanity...It is stunningly nauseating how completely lawless our "leaders" have become.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
These puke-stains upon humanity are WAR CRIMINALS---Period. I hope that some Court (obviously outside of the completely corrupted, croney-Laden Supreme Court here in the states) brings them up charges for their crimes against humanity...It is stunningly nauseating how completely lawless our "leaders" have become.

What do you mean "have become"? Have you ever read a history book of any kind, or do you just find conspiracy theory web sites just fine? It looks like you are viewing the now without the context of the past.

The FACT is, that these "puke-stains" are shaping a better world, PERIOD.

In 20 years (IF you are still ALIVE!) you'll be saying, "Damn, how did I miss that? I always thought Bush was an idiot, but it turns out he was one of the greatest presidents the world has ever seen. He has the balls to tell an all too liberal world to screw off, and propelled us forward never keeping his eye off the goal."

Hindsight is 20/20. You obviously need some glasses.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The turning point for me, and yes, I used to believe that Bush wasn't all that bad, was the 60 minutes episode where congressmen were debating the use of torture to gain information during interrogation.

If they'll torture just one person, then they have proven they have no respect for Human Rights. Besides that, torture used to gain information never garners any trustworthy information.

So my belief now is that the US Government is state sponsored terror, especially since the revelation that they changed the definition of torture to suit their needs.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Ree

This has to be ther biggest bunch of nonsensical jibberish I have seen in quite a while. "Shaping a better world"?!? By mass murdering and Torturing?

Welcome to my ignore list homie.

peace.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Ree

In 20 years (IF you are still ALIVE!) you'll be saying, "Damn, how did I miss that? I always thought Bush was an idiot, but it turns out he was one of the greatest presidents the world has ever seen. He has the balls to tell an all too liberal world to screw off, and propelled us forward never keeping his eye off the goal."

signature
I like going to the park and watching the children run around, because they don't know I'm using blanks.

Mr. Ree,

I'm sure the children you are using blanks on will grow up with better than 20/20 vision and see this administration as the unlawful regime it is. Care to explain that signature? A president is elected to "represent" the people. It is very clear in any poll you check that shrub is not "representing" America in his actions. His words are as criminal as the words in your signature which are repulsive in my opinion with or without glasses. What exactly do you mean by this signature?

Peace

[edit on 5-4-2008 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

Agreed...A suspect will actually LIE and tell the interrogators what they want to hear, just to get the abuse to stop!

Even more pathetic is in the senate hearing on Waterboarding, the head of the CIA actually ADMITTED that water-boarding was ILLEGAL! lol!

And then our criminal-in-chief VETOed any blocks of using it in future interrogations! So he's basically affirming that international laws are non-relevant to his majesty.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Ree

Dude, what the hell are you talking about? Have you not been paying attention the last 8 years? What ever happened to the Constitution, how about the bill of rights? Well your friend Bushie has essentially destroyed all of your individual UNALIENABLE rights, things he cannot take away. But he has taken away the legal documentation of those rights, thanks to Patriot Act 1 & 2, and the recent homegrown terrorism bill (among others).

These people (Bush Adminstration, Cheney included although he doesn't consider himself part of the executive branch) lied about the Iraq war, were complacent or involved with 911, have driven the economy into the #ter (with the Iraq/Afghan wars), and have told the American people to go to hell!

Just one of those statements above would have sent any other President to the guillotine. Somehow the "Conservatives" of the Republican party AKA NEOCONS have been defending these douchebags for the entire time they've been in office.

I'm sorry I will not defend war criminals no matter if they're "my" President or not (did I mention the 2 stolen elections?).

That's pretty funny. If I'm in this country in 20 years I will personally end my own life. This country is not the "land of the free or brave" anymore, but land of the ignorant and complacent. We have been lied to by our politicians and the majority of us don't 1). know or 2). care to know.

Bush may not be an idiot, but he's sure playing the fool. Or the puppet master knows how to manipulate us.

"Has the balls to tell the liberal world to screw off." Are you kidding me? I thought this country was supposed to be a "partisan" one? You think the reason this country blows is because of liberals? Hahahah. What a joke. Its neither conservative nor liberals, but NEOCONS. The people who are in power now.

I think you need a stronger prescription because you're not seeing reality.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Agreed...A suspect will actually LIE and tell the interrogators what they want to hear, just to get the abuse to stop!

And then our criminal-in-chief VETOed any blocks of using it in future interrogations! So he's basically affirming that international laws are non-relevant to his majesty.

So if tortured people lie under interrogation and our leader wants to keep torturing people during interrorgation, does that mean he wants to base all of his info and intel on lies?

That's the logical extrapolation, is it not?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Logic is completely lost of these people. I'd say Bush/Cheney would fit into an insane asylum quite well, but that would be mean to the people already there. I think they're too sadistic for that.

Torture clearly does not beget truthful information, but I don't think they want the truth. They're more interested in prosecution to further fund their wars of terror and keep the jail system flooded with innocents (the government profits off jails because most of them these days are private and pay the government to stay open).

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Mr Ree, I think the insulting attitude of your post is unneccessary. I think your signature at the bottom of your post tells me all I want to know about you.

As to the topic: It has been documented that Bush shoved firecrackers up the butt of frogs, just to enjoy watching them blow up. He also used to burn fraternity pledges with cigarettes, just to watch their torture. Both of these facts are in 2 different books I've read on Bush, books which are quite well sourced. There have been people who knew Bush personally in his youth who can testify to these 2 stories. And those are just the ones people are willing to tell - who knows how much more people could divulge but don't because they are too scared.

The man is a psychopath and a sadist. He is an embarresment to America and indeed, to anyone who has one shred of compassion in their soul. The man is guilty of torture and war crimes, plain and simple. He has NOT upheld the oath he took when inaugurated, that of upholding the Constitution. He's even revoked habeus corpus, the right to a trial. Habeus corpus goes back to 1215. Yes, we are living in medieval times.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves

Mr. Ree,

I'm sure the children you are using blanks on will grow up with better than 20/20 vision and see this administration as the unlawful regime it is. Care to explain that signature?

[snip]

A president is elected to "represent" the people. It is very clear in any poll you check that shrub is not "representing" America in his actions.

That is not the job of the president. The job of the president is ensure that the nation’s laws are carried out and enforced. He is in no way, shape, or form a representative of the people. He's the boss. The boss of McDonalds doesn't represent the workers there - if he did, he'd be chain smoking marijuana cigs and lacking an education.

reply to biggie smalls:

Dude, what the hell are you talking about? Have you not been paying attention the last 8 years? What ever happened to the Constitution, how about the bill of rights? Well your friend Bushie has essentially destroyed all of your individual UNALIENABLE rights, things he cannot take away.

No, what the hell are YOU talking about? Have you walked outside recently? You've been spending too much time on conspiracy sites and letting the news shape your view of reality.

These people (Bush Adminstration, Cheney included although he doesn't consider himself part of the executive branch) lied about the Iraq war, were complacent or involved with 911, have driven the economy into the #ter (with the Iraq/Afghan wars), and have told the American people to go to hell!

The economy is strong, and it is growing. [snip] You probably also think the US is in a recession too, huh?

I'm sorry I will not defend war criminals no matter if they're "my" President or not (did I mention the 2 stolen elections?).

Wake up, this country was FOUNDED BY WAR CRIMINALS who went to an illegal war with Britian, exterminated the natives, enslaved the africans, and stole half of Mexico. You don't like it? Why do you still live in the United States? To complain? The USA is, and has always been THE GREAT SATAN. It will continue to be until a NEW WORLD ORDER SINGLE GOVERNMENT KARDACHEV TYPE I CIVILIZATION is ushered in that promotes true peace and prosperity.

[snip]

It's so idiotic that people say HE DIDN'T REALLY WIN. That is a moot point. Most people are too stupid to realize that the popular vote counts for nothing except to subtly influence the real electors, and that the election is in the hand of the electoral college (people who are actually qualified to vote [i.e. they have a functioning brain]), because our wise founding fathers realized that THE COMMON PERSON IS AN IDIOT and agreed upon it during the constitutional convention. I guess you'd call them sheeple. Yeah, well, that's something we can all agree with.

Mod Note: Terms And Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

Check your U2U Inbox: Link

[edit on 6/4/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

top topics

join