It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Police Say Baby Probably Cried Before 14-Year-Old Mom Killed Him in Flush Attempt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I am sick of everyone blaming entertainment, movies, video games, music, etc.. for the behavior of children these days. It comes down to parenting plain and simple.

Most, if not all televisions have parental controls. Same with computers, most people are able to find a suitable content filter to control what their children see. When the parents start being parents, and stop using the TV as a nanny, we just might start seeing some improvements. I feel sorry for generations of kids for years to come.

Although, sadly, the one thing there is no filter for is the news.. which is by far the most sadistic, violent, sexually conditioning program in existance. I cant remember the last time I watched the news and did not hear about atleast one rape, murder, robbery, assault, and attempted crime - and this is every day. Hell, my parents, who are now in their fifties but had their share of being kids when they were young, did not know of the drug Salvia Divinorum until the news reported on it. Think of how many kids just figured out something new to try. And just think of how many households keep the news on constantly..

It is essentially making our youth used to the idea that what we see on the news is normal.

I dont plan on having children, as sad as that is to say, because I refuse to raise a child in a world that has gone so wrong. I remember growing up saying how I wanted to get married and have a family.. that was until I opened my eyes to what was going on around us. Anyway.

In conclusion, get used to these kinds of things because its only going to get worse. Parents are becoming less parenting, children are trying harder to become more like adults which results in tweens getting pregnant and not having the slightest clue about raising a child, the media and celebrities have been pretty much glorifying drug use and they are exactly the ones our children want to grow up and be just like because their parents are too busy NOT PARENTING...

What ever happened to good role models..?

I really hope things change, but I really dont see it happening any time soon.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by deadline527]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527
I am sick of everyone blaming entertainment, movies, video games, music, etc.. for the behavior of children these days. It comes down to parenting plain and simple.

... the media and celebrities have been pretty much glorifying drug use and they are exactly the ones our children want to grow up and be just like because their parents are too busy NOT PARENTING...

I highlighted those words above. Doesn't the second part contradict the first part a bit.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I was saying that the NEWS, and MEDIA outlets are the ones who are much worse then any movie, video game, etc.. and that if the parents actually parented their children instead of planting them infront of the TV - even if they do censor the childs watching habits - the news is in my opinion almost condiitoning us to accept such behavior as normal.

Edit: I diddnt mean celebrities as in their charactars in movies either, but as in their personal lives and how the media almost accepts their drug use as normal.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by deadline527]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

Originally posted by Mr. Ree
This would be a good example of why we need cameras in schools and less privacy for the students.

What is your deal? You are pro anti-privacy and like the other thread 'criminals' who speed should be punished.

You must be a cop or a democrat.

What the hell does that even mean? Cop or Democrat? Do you even know what a Democrat is? Nothing like adding useful things to forum.

Sorry had to be said pot shots gotta stop and its people like this that make this place worse.

On Topic:::

Hormones are very powerful (ask my wife) and I would bet she will not see a day in prison. I feel horrible for the child though, can you even imagine the terror coming into this world to be put in a toilet. That makes me soo sad

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

I am mostly in agreement with you. Parents need to guide their children but they cannot monitor a child 24 hours a day. I don't feel a parents job is to control all things and mold a child into the person that want it to be. I do think society is setting up some poor models which goes along with your comment on role models. So much is what a person can get versus who they can be.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join