It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my friend is dying of cancer she needs help in beleiving

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
my friend is dying and she has not long to live.

she asked me how does she have faith or really beleive in God? Like the faith i have in God! she has a doubt in her mind, she is frightened that she won't go to heaven/the afterlife because of this doubt!

so far i have told her that even doubting thomas had doubts with Jesus standing right in front of him! its easy for me to have faith because i am not about to die. but if i did not have long to live i would probably have the same doubt.

what would you say to try and give someone that faith?

i just so wish she didnt have that doubt, my heart goes out to her.

does any one have any advice ?

MM

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by meremortal

Hi. We all feel out of our depth in such situations, but I say your response was exemplary.

I would also encourage your friend by reminding her that if she didn't have real, deep-down faith, her 'lack of faith' wouldn't bother her. She needs to stop looking at her faith and look at Jesus. Was he a liar? Was he a deceiver? Read his claims to her and let her decide. John's Gospel is pure, unadulterated love of God for sinners, and powerful medicine!

A few months ago I had a friend in exactly the same position. She had actually had a very hard attitude to the Gospel throughout her life, but in the midst of her crisis she began to wonder. It was the love of a Being that lacked nothing, but gave what was most precious to Him for her sake that melted her heart and calmed her fears. She 'came home', then went home. I shed many a joyful tear when I heard that she had made her peace with God just a couple of months before she left us.

Winter is followed by spring. "Absent from the body, present with the Lord!" (2 Corinthians 5:8)

Your love for your friend is clear to us, so I'm sure it's clear to her. Don't fear to make mistakes. This precious soul is in the Lord's hands, not yours... (1 Peter 2:25)

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
thankyou very much pause4thought..

i have taken on board every thing you said and i shall practice them.

yes the precious soul is indeed in the Lord's hands and not mine, and she is going back to him for certain..

i just wish She realised that..

Winter is followed by spring. "Absent from the body, present with the Lord!" (2 Corinthians 5:8)

now that is just wonderful i never heard that before,

MM x

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I wish to God she could recieve the sacraments but I don't think shes catholic....

meremortal. I have seen cancer cured in its late stages by prayer alone from an underground priest when all hope was lost. This priest had the gift of curing... and this perticular person already had funeral arrangements set, but then the cure happened...

Now that was a miracle I seen with my own eyes...

please give me her name and I shall pray, yet if not for a cure, it is up to God although I will ask, but so she might be prepared for death..

what is her name ?

peace.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
also read about thegirl in my signature, give her that website please I am begging you give her that website.

she seen a huge cure as well, that will help her out tremendously..

www.stgemma.com...

God bless.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

thankyou JesusisTruth yes you are right she is not a catholic, also you live in America , i live in Ireland, and She lives in England. (don't think the miracle priest is going to fly to england)

yes i've read your signature before about st Gemma, i could send her the link but its the doubt that lingers in her mind that is the problem!

i will u2u with her name

and thanks again

MM x

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

i'm going to have to say: let her be

it's her decision and not yours, you should not be imposing anything on her in any direction.

isn't the point of faith supposed to be that it comes from within?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

"she asked me how does she have faith or really beleive in God? Like the faith i have in God! she has a doubt in her mind, she is frightened that she won't go to heaven/the afterlife because of this doubt! "

i am not imposing my faith on her she asked me!

she has faith , but she has come to the end of the road, she is going to meet her maker and she is afraid her maker won't be there or exist!

a big fat doubt is in her head!

and she's looking for backup, if i can give her any back up i will give it to her, would god want me to stand back and say, find it out for yourself even though you only have weeks , months if you are lucky left? knowing that i can give strength where it is needed?

jesus said "spread the word"

not "keep it to yourself"..

and whatever you decipher your self from those words is where you find what is within!

how can you find what is within from nothing?

peace

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

meremortal, the doubt she is experiencing is completely normal. It happens to the best of us and I think it should comfort her to know that saints and even Christ himself had his moment of doubt.

Encourage her faith. Tell her not to worry, I'm sure she will pass peacefully.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

well, it's her decision to make, not yours.

you're talking about theology, i'm talking about letting someone be. i could care less what jesus has to say here. this is her choice to make, not yours. if she asks, offer. but if she doesn't, let her be.

if she chooses the option that says she won't be meeting anything at the end (and many do, that's what lance armstrong chose in the same situation), it's her choice and you shouldn't interfere.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

i couldnt agree more humbleone, we all have doubts and i will probably have the big fat doubt when i am dying!

i am doing my best to encourage her!

mm

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

your not listening to me madnessinmysoul!!

she doesn't want to choose the option there is nothing at the end she wants to believe there is definitely something there!

she is gonna find out very very soon, but she is struggling, everyone would wonder even if for a second.

even you will wonder on your death bed!!
only you will say maybe there is something,

yet we will say maybe there isn't anything?

how's that for ironic's!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

isn't the point of faith supposed to be that it comes from within?

Actually the Christian faith is based on the response of a person to hearing the message from a messenger:

"So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the message about Christ" (Romans 10:17)

What you don't appreciate, as someone who wants to destroy faith (-don't deny it, I read it in the atheist chat thread, and the impression is clear elsewhere-) is that the Christian faith is not about a philosophical outlook. It is about delivering someone from the eternal consequences of their sins.

You simply have no idea what you are playing with. Engage in philosophical debate, yes, but don't try to stop someone sharing God's love with people. Meremortal is doing something beautiful for someone in need. You may prefer madness in your soul but some people prefer peace and blessing.

Stop interfering. In your present state you clearly have nothing to offer a dying person but hopelessness, a bad conscience and a lost eternity.

Sometimes Jesus was meek and sometimes he was furious...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Even when someone is trying to help and comfort a DYING person who has FAITH, you don't stop do you.

How low can you go?

you.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal
she asked me how does she have faith or really beleive in God?

It's a gift from GOD.

We(man) cling to everything that we can see in an attempt to avoid going directly to GOD for anything. Whether it be pastor(priest), friend, or anybody.

Everyone that does evil hates the light, and neither will come to the light, lest his deeds be reproved (John 3:20). That makes up every single one of us.

That's why man does everything he can to avoid that light and go through some other mediator (anti-christ).

Unless a man go to that light and be born again (John 3:21), he will not be saved.

It's not in the natural man to do that. He has to be drug by force (drawn). Only the Father will do that. That is the gift of GOD.

Originally posted by meremortal
does any one have any advice ?

MM

She needs to seek him out and find him, yet the whole world also does too, but will they? That's the question.

Then, too, no man can come to him unless he is drawn. Is she being drawn? Well the natural man wouldn't be seeking saving faith as a result of his own nature, now would he/she?

[edit]
What I speak here is from experience and my experience aligns itself precisely with what's written.

Had the creator not drug me by force to himself and opened my eyes. I would have never known of his reality. other than some historical story line.

GOD is a person and having theological head knowledge about him has absolutely nothing to do with knowing him. Nothing.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by WiseSheep]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I just wanted to say to you that although I have to disagree with many RC doctrines it is a real blessing to hear your love and urgent concern for this clearly fragile soul.

Let all of us who have the same heart bring her to our loving Lord in prayer. Even if we don't know her name, He does, and He is well able to draw her to himself in His sovereign power! Bless His wonderful name.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

ahem

to quote myself

if she asks, offer. but if she doesn't, let her be.

i clearly said that if she wants help you can give it, didn't i?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Even when someone is trying to help and comfort a DYING person who has FAITH, you don't stop do you.

How low can you go?

stop it.
you're not even reading what i'm saying, are you?
again, i'm quoting myself

if she asks, offer. but if she doesn't, let her be.

i'm simply stating a neutral position, you clearly have an axe to grind to the point where you're not reading what i say.

i was simply emphasizing the personal choice of the friend in question, whatever that personal choice may be.
even if she's going to choose vishnu, i don't care. i'm for self determination

if she want mm's help with regaining her faith, it's her choice.

you.

please, don't stoop to this sort of level.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Don't tell me what to do. I'll stoop to whatever level I want.

BTW, I am FAR from stooping to your level.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Mad, why are you even in this thread? The title is "my friend is dying of cancer she needs help in beleiving", not "unbelieving". Since you unbelieve, I don't get why you're even contributing. You ask the same question of us, so I'm just gonna turn this one around on ya.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join