It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Dollar about to Trump Us Dollar!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
For the first time the Australian Dollar is about to overtake the US Dollar.
Its pretty simple to see something hasn't gone the American way.

Australian - US Exchange

just do a simple comparison between todays date and the same date in the year 2000.

its amazing watch as it goes up from 1990 then hits its high in 2001 then its all downhill from there.
Wonder what happened

[edit on 5-4-2008 by fLANKED]

[edit on 5-4-2008 by fLANKED]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Thats amazing, and how anyone can speak up the us dollar, if it really is less than the austrailian dollar.

How can it be the reserve currency, when its becoming so weak?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

It must become weak, in order to bring about a global reserve currency.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I just bought some stuff from Australia. $26 AU was $23 US and some change.

I asked an Australian member of this board to make a phone call for me to confirm the place was still in business as there is a huge time difference between my place and their place. I tried calling and was told all circuits were busy, no kidding, I hadn't heard that in years. E-M were delayed by a least 1 day also, so I had a communication problem with them. Thankfully, everything is now straightened out.

Thanks again for the call if you read this

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

lol

The Dollar IS the Global reserve currency.....

Thats um .. kinda why its a big deal.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Don't be shocked When the Aussie dollar first hit the market it was $1 for $1 When i first went from Australia to the US in 1999 the money was 49c
Now i see it on the tv for 92 c GO the Aussie i say
But as every one knows the American dollar is going to hit rock bottom this year or next The world we live it is changing at a rapid pace Wake up This is just another gov plan NWO is not far off

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
In order for us to see the end of the manipulation of the US dollar, we are first going to have to see the end of any group's ability to create or destroy them.

This is what the Federal Reserve system does. They counterfeit money, spend it, and get something for nothing. Their banking system is the source of our money, and they alone are permitted to create them. THEY ALONE CAN MAKE OR BREAK YOUR LIFE SAVINGS by producing dollars and causing inflation.

When all those dollars they spend make their way through the economy, prices go up to absorb them.

...Meanwhile, your bank account just lost value. The number of dollars stays the same, but the value of those dollars decreased.

It's theft, but you can't see the robber.

And they think they're OH... so smart by getting away with it.

Doesn't that just p*## you off?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I guess now is the Best/Worst time to holiday in America

NWO sure ain't far off but we got a bit to go through before then its going to be an Amazing sight to see what country's will follow Americas collapse i'm just happy i ain't in Aus any more their money may look good but they are going to fall just as hard just wish the rest of my family would listen

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Shoot, cow cookies are about to trump the dollar. At least they can be set ablaze for warmth and cooking. Like the dung in Africa.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The australian dollar is getting to parity due to the fact that the U.S is printing more money to let their exports be more competitive and Europe is doing the same thing wonder if these are the first steps to introducing a one world currency as all nations may have to do this to get job flow happening again definately going to be a big thing if this does go pear shaped thats for sure

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
"G"Day All,

You beauty!!!!
Hawaii here we come, I will be on the beach under a palm tree drinking booze out of fruit if you want me.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The Pound, Euro and most Gulf states money is worth more than ours, so what if Australia gets added to the list?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kernoonos

I'm buying silver tomorrow to stock up for summer trade

yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

better off with tin cause noone is mining that atm and the price is going through the roof

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

Silver is a good long term investment and I expect gold to reach 2500, have'bt looked at tin yet but will look tonight

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

yeah silver for long term tin for a quick buck

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
One very important fact must be remembered when all the joy about dollar parity is thrown around.

The Australian $ hasn’t become so strong that its over taken the US $, the US $ has simply become so weak its falling 'THAT' far.....

Awesome Aussie $ Vs US $ spells more trouble than its worth.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Yes, and that global reserve currency is the SDR, or Strategic Reserve Dollar.

For years, OPEC members have been putting the blame on a weakening US dollar for the rise in oil prices. Some members have also been calling for changing the basis for oil pricing to the Euro, or special drawing rights (SDR) of the International Monetary Fund, or to a basket of currencies. Till now, the idea failed to acquire any traction and the dollar continued to reign supreme as the world’s reserve currency. But a recent report in the Independent noted that the “Gulf Arabs are planning – along with China, Russia, Japan and France – to end dollar dealings for oil”1 and move to a basket of currencies, which could include the Japanese yen, the Chinese yuan, the euro, gold and a new, unified currency planned for nations in the Gulf Cooperation Council. If true, fructification of this move would mean the demise of the dollar actually taking place. However, the ramifications of an end to dollar-based oil trade would extend far beyond the oil market and would herald the beginning of a new international political order.

Are we going to use globalized currency?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

True but I can see a turn around in the coming weeks

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The US dollar MUST REMAIN LOW if the nation is to survive.

1. It will cut down on spending, espacially by the middle classes and the poor over cheap defective china made products dumped upon the country.

2. It will ensure its own manufactured products remain competitive, so that exporters and workers will survive.

3. Inflation will rise, but as long as it is not double digits, it will be sustainable, for it will mean more profits for companies to pay to workers, PROVIDED those bastards will do so instead of pocketing it for themselves.

4. With that low dollar, the debt is no longer as high as it once was and loans were taken out in american dollars, which means relief for the masses who are paying the debts.

The world had benefitted from a high US dollar, but now that US is in the doldrums, it is high time the rest of the world raise their currencies and stop riding on the american piggy back that are the unaweaken american middle and poor classes.

new topics

top topics

join