It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe I may have found the tree of knowledge!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

i hear a lot of "meat eating" references, pigs eat meat too, along with veggies like us and bears.

at some point we became predators, which as we all know, are somewhat more on the ball than herbivores.

chimps hunt too, btw.

meat doesn't have that much going for it for brain power building and it's dangerous to hunt. obviously i'm not talking about rats and small animals.

as an aside, i'd love to meet the dude that first said, "i'm so hungry, i'm gonna kill and eat that wooly mammoth"

fish and shellfish have much more protein per gram.

shellfish are there for the picking, more so at low tide and less threatening and risky.

freshwater life has many parasites that can mess you up if not cooked well. painful lessons to be sure.

but look at the animals that eat meat or fish, they didn't get as smart as us, why not?

so back to the "tree of knowledge" from the op.

i don't know how i can fit my belief of the above with this.

unless it's the fact that the "knowledge" was to become a predatory being, therefor, meat eating.

as i recall, the garden was peaceful with lions and lambs, which is weird, i guess.

if i got that wrong and all the animals were grazing animals, no problem, besides i am of the vein in thinking like you that, adam and eve were a general reference rather than 2 actual people.

thanks for getting me rambling so early in the morning!

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join