It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Evidence Of Life On Mars!! Why is NASA Obfuscating The Truth?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

I assume NASA didn't consider a nuclear powered probe, that wouldn't have the same constraints as a solar powered probe ? Maybe disregarded on environmental grounds, which I can understand.

When reading parts of this thread I can't help being reminded of Monty Python's Galaxy song.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeroeffect
Dr.Seth Schostack who is a scientist with SETI made a good point that they work closely with NASA and have seen no evidence of information withholding from NASA. So what does NASA have to gain from keeping this information secret?

The Evolution Theory theorizes that life on Earth began as micro organisms that evolved to all life that existed and has existed. Now if it is made publicly known that indeed micro organisms are living on Mars, then it begs the question whether more advanced life has lived on Mars (or maybe still is living). The only way to know that is to go to Mars and start digging and exploring. That is going to cost way more and then look at the implications: what if we find proof of higher Martian life forms? Maybe even life forms as intelligent as we are of even more intelligent? How will that sit with people? How will that shatter all sorts of religions notions? And last but not least: if we find sentient life on Mars what should we do next?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

Well brought out shere khaan!

Let’s check out some more evidence…

Red Rain

Firstly, as regards the ‘red rain’ over Kerala, India in June 2001, it is interesting to note that electron microscopic studies of the red particles shows fine cell structure indicating their biological cell like nature. EDAX analysis shows that the major elements present in these cell like particles are carbon and oxygen, though any traces of DNA were not found.

Courtesy: Centauri dreams

According to the published results in the Astrophysics and Space Science Journal, an international peer reviewed journal of astronomy, astrophysics and space science, the red particles, which caused the red rain of Kerala, are possibly of extraterrestrial origin.

More on this Here… I will be dealing with this subject later in a separate thread.

Meteorite From Mars

Courtesy: NASA

A group of scientists led by David McKay of NASA's Johnson Space Center published an article in the 16 August 1996 issue of Science magazine announcing the discovery of evidence for primitive bacterial life on Mars.

An examination of a meteorite found in Antarctica and believed to be from Mars shows:

1) Hydrocarbons which are the same as breakdown products of dead micro-organisms on Earth.

2) Mineral phases consistent with by-products of bacterial activity

3) Tiny carbonate globules which may be microfossils of the primitive bacteria, all within a few hundred-thousandths of an inch of each other.
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

So what do we have here? Evidence that life may be teeming in the universe! So is the possibility of life on Mars such a big deal?

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

The Viking Landers touched down at 25 deg and 40 deg North Lat (approx). How come? I think this is some sort of conspiracy here. Their contention that they cannot land obove 10 deg North Lat is a lot of hot air.

Correct

cept Viking ran on radioactive fuel for it's power source.

But

The rover Sprite had a major computer malfunction when it first started to move out and explore. Which look very much like a CPU over heating AND the rovers have enough sun light to ran at 95% power even with tons of dust on them for years now. YEARS of DUST.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Gullivers Travels. I'm told that most of the humanoids wear hats.These people (2 guys) wear hats ,side by side,in a sea of animal faces watching Spirit.Recent pic marsrover.nasa.gov... I cropped a small section from bottom left side and used negative. The large oval "rock" is an indicator,and is probably a live face,but I whited it out to get better enhancement on 20 other faces.Many times it's a sacrifice to lose detail on a few good faces to get better detail on some others.You can always go back for them later. That's why I posted the Oval above pic to show something like what the "Oval Rock" looks like alive..And the rule of thumb applies here.If all eyes are on the rover then chances are,if it's facing the rover it's alive.
But ,sorry Nasa,Bob Cummings is dead,so go fake somewhere else. Love That BOB
Draw your own red heart.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I am sure you fellow ATS'ers understand how much damage would be done if the religous public found out that life exists on others planets? We are "suppose" to be the only ones, claim the religous people, but any smart person would know thats crazy.

NASA isn't hiding it, the church is forcing them. Thats what I think.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by lawlb0t]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Here's a positive image from the same rover pic as above ,only slightly more toward center. The humanoids above are not shown in this pic.This is to show the diversity of faces in the smaller faces category.Most of these faces are smaller than a softball/grapefruit (though some are larger). They are hard to see them all since people mostly don't recognize them as faces,having never experienced seeing a good sharp pic of them. They tend to be close to the ground and snake-like (perhaps 60%). The humanoid miniatures are hard to see,and I haven't seen many full figures because they seem to travel in crowds of mixed species.I have long wondered if the coziness between mixed species is friendliness or warmth(body heat)?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by vze2xjjk
Here's a positive image from the same rover pic as above ,only slightly more toward center. The humanoids above are not shown in this pic.This is to show the diversity of faces in the smaller faces category.Most of these faces are smaller than a softball/grapefruit (though some are larger). They are hard to see them all since people mostly don't recognize them as faces,having never experienced seeing a good sharp pic of them. They tend to be close to the ground and snake-like (perhaps 60%). The humanoid miniatures are hard to see,and I haven't seen many full figures because they seem to travel in crowds of mixed species.I have long wondered if the coziness between mixed species is friendliness or warmth(body heat)?

ARE YOU SERIOUS???

Faces you say do you mean the ground?? with shadows come get it together!!!

its is posts like this that make me see how ignorant others can be.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
From, KSCVETERAN:
There is far more life on Mars than any of you can imagine!
Microbial, YES, but, also, life that walks on two legs.
Open my website at:

www.stargate-chronices.com

If you question my knowledge.
C.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by seridium

I wonder about that myself. They are clearly artifacts, especially at high magnification.

Posts like that makes me wonder if they are really being serious or perhaps think its funny.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Yeah, it's kinda' getting to the point where one starts wondering if those submissions are simply a case of yanking ATS's chain.

20 tiny little heads crammed into that one image, with other creatures crowded in around them.....hmmmm, the surface of Mars should appear to squirm with a writhing mass of biological inhabitants.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Its a hard call at times and analyzing imagery can be difficult at best.

In some ways it can be like a Rorschach Ink Blot Test. People see what they want to see

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
WOW Mike, pat on the back again for you my son, cracking work!!!

How in the hell do you dig this stuff up???
I mean WOW, maybe I should take a leaf outta your book and put more effort in for my University assignments

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Admittedly it's hard to get past the image degradation when dealing with these images,and detail gets lost. It's easier to find a big beautiful image of a skull that doesn't move and get blurred or corrupted by nasa masking.It's a gauntlet,because then,downstream few can see what you are trying to point out,so you get back negativity for your efforts,when,really why waste time?
Even with extra effort few will see the faces I see since I've worked hard 4 years to see them in so much variety.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

I found a face or some kind of animal here.

The image is found at www-robotics.jpl.nasa.gov...

This photo was taken here on earth. I appreciate the efforts you did, but you got to be careful because we can not determine very much at high magnification.

We all are hoping to find a sign of life or what's left of it on Mars. We got to keep digging

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
[speechless]

fantastic, I've seen the pictures of the blue skies on mars before, but the evidence you put forth for the possibility of life is stunning.

Anyone else think John Lear may have been on to something?

Star and flag

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by itisibrian

I see faces in Earth,Mars and Moon pics. The fact that I can't see them unless condensed in pics is a handicap. Just knowing they are there is amazing to me.The solid ones on Mars I believe are quite different from the see thru beings on Earth. But,I'm pretty sure it's movement that blurs them in the Mars pics. They have a different look than the see-thru invisible beings on Earth I call(native American term) "animal spirits" and are mostly seen in nature,especially with green plants.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
quote]Originally posted by Shere Khaan

Originally posted by waffles
Did anybody even read my goddamn post? You are the most unscientific bunch of kooks I've ever chanced to hear opinionate, and I thought *I* was a kook.

I cannot believe that the train of logic for this thread that everyone is debating is "Did NASA # with the colors of the pictures? If so, then they must be hiding something, and if they are hiding something, there must be life on Mars! #!"

Aaack.

There are many trains of thought in this thread and the photo colour is just one part. Try checking out some of the other sources and you might be quite surprised where it leads you. For instance we were told that no liquid water can exist on Mars, and yet the surface temperature does in fact go above 0 degrees celcius, and that water ice clouds form at the equator.

I addressed the question of water in my post, and was promptly ignored. Maybe if I had more psychadelically colored pictures of landscrapes with FACES--> written in Paint everywhere someone might have paid me some attention.

Let me restate, since I think my post was too scientific for this crowd.

YES- TEMPERATURES ON THE SURFACE OF MARS GET ABOVE THE FREEZING POINT OF WATER.

YES- WATER ICE AND WATER VAPOR EXIST ON MARS.

NO- LIQUID WATER CANNOT EXIST EVEN AT ABOVE-FREEZING TEMPERATURES, BECAUSE THE ATMOSPHERE OF MARS IS 1/100 THAT OF EARTH, SO ANY ICE THAT MELTS WILL IMMEDIATELY BOIL INTO VAPOR.

You people need to read a 6th grade textbook. Most scientists agree that there is probably enough water locked in the ground and atmosphere of Mars to cover the surface of the planet uniformly with 50 feet of water. The next argument I foresee from anyone that cares to respond to me is that 'OMG NASA is only telling us that Mars has 0.01 atmospheres because the people already there don't want us to know that Mars is just like Earth!'
When you get to that stage, you might as well just deny every single thing we've learned about Mars in the modern age and start talking about the advanced alien civilization building the 'canals' all over the damn planet.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by waffles

Calm down a little waffles we appreciate your input. That is the problem too many are reading 6th grade science books that have been slanted to stating the atmosphere is 1/100 of that of Earth. Did you mean to say ice would boil off and disappear or did you mean to say evaporate?

We are in agreement that there is plenty of subsurface water that I believe is under pressure keeping it below the freezing point. There are many water geysers that have been detected on the surface of Mars from satellite images. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Way to go Mike as the New Conspiracy Master and you deserve every letter of the title because you have put in long hard hours and did your background research to keep us informed about what is going on with Mars, moons and planets of our solar system. Rik Riley

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join