It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Evidence Of Life On Mars!! Why is NASA Obfuscating The Truth?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
To comment on the topic at hand, the piece of data that interests me the most is the frost. If that picture is real, then that proves without a shadow of a doubt that life exists on Mars, whether it be advanced or not.
How does frost prove that live exists?

Frost does not need any living creature to exist, they are completely independent things.

PS: I also find it a bit strange so many stars for so few posts, maybe this is a conspiracy to promote this specific thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
WOW!!

Great post! I really enjoyed the trip!

I always thought that the viking rover "did" find life ( so did the guy that set up the experiments on Viking), and its a good thing you brought up this
information-least we for get!!

not like this!! www.youtube.com... but for real!!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Life as we know it probable does exist eslewhere when the necessary components that support our life forms are present. What interest me are the possiblities of other life forms that exist with different components for their existence such as, heat, water, air, and light.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
To be honest, even if they found small lizzards and bugs on Mars, I wouldn't be very impressed. What I'm interested in, is the intelligent life on Mars, like humanoids and stuff..Though it's very, very unlikely we have it there.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Breadfan]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Breadfan

Hey! I like Bread too!!

But, come on! Are you gonna tell me you would not shoot your load if a bug was found on Mars!!

Just to study the "Mars bug" would be mind blowing!!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yeah I gotta call B.S on anyone who says that they would be excited to find bugs or lizards on mars... (which is possible)
That would change everything if some simple lifeforms can survive there!

great thread btw.. lol... think I might have said that once already.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by Neiby
On Mars, everything would seem to have more red and less blue in it.

Feel free to adjust the colors so that everything appears as it would on Earth, but just remember what you're doing. That isn't actually how things would look on Mars.

So why does Mars have to look red? One explanation is that the planet's soil is rich in iron oxide, but there's much debate as to why the mineral is so ubiquitous in the Martian environment.

That said, why does the sky have a reddish tinge? Probably due to dust storms? Whatever the reasons I've trotted out, take a look at the screen behind the speakers at a symposium at JPL after the Rover's success. Check out the colors in one of the first pics taken by it on Mars. And what you see below this is NASA's current version of the same image!

Courtesy: curiousconspiracy

So what's up with NASA? Why are they screwing around with the pictures? Because they want to show Mars as a desolate red desert-scape devoid of any moisture and therefore any probability of life! Q.E.D.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by mikesingh]

Mike the reason I think NASA is screwing around with the color of the Martonian sky and terrain is I believe we humans from Earth are already on Mars. If NASA presents photos looking like the planet is breathable plus habitable we could have an all out race by other countries on Earth for Mars and that is the last thing they want.

I believe the powers in charge of the secret missions to Mars feel like they will lose total control of what is actually going on on Mars. Most humans on Earth would freak out if they knew what is actually going on presently and in the past on Mars.

The recent focus is to go back to the Earth's Moon but in reality we need to openly go to Mars where life exists openly already. The argument is that we need to launch manned missions from our Moon to reach Mars and I say no we do not. The secret treaties already in place with the Martonians and greys on Mars would be in jeopardy with the secret G-5 and secret bases. Rik Riley

[edit on 5-4-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
As usual I am totally blown away by your detail and original style. One question (if you have time), why do they never seem to go out near the mountains in the distance? With any possible runoff would that be the ideal place to look for evidence?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
If NASA presents photos looking like the planet is breathable plus habitable we could have an all out race by other countries on Earth for Mars and that is the last thing they want.

Yeah, wouldn't want that.....remember what happened when the Jamaicans discovered bobsledding.....

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Frost does not need any living creature to exist, they are completely independent things.

But in every other place where we have found water, we have found life. This could be an exception, but the odds point to there being life.

Originally posted by ArMaP
PS: I also find it a bit strange so many stars for so few posts, maybe this is a conspiracy to promote this specific thread.

It could be. Perhaps the admin has the power to instantly add 50 flags and stars to a thread at will.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Hay Maun, the Jamaicans made it to the olympics to ride their sled even though they did not win they still made it to the final destination with all the obstacles in their way. Many countries will try to make it to Mars and fail but many countries together could succeed. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here is a lovely youtube vid showing mars in a way i had never before seen!
www.youtube.com...

I personaly doubt that man is on Mars. I see no point. I believe man is on the moon in bases though. But anyway, If NASA (aka: ASSA) are touching up the photos it's to make them conform to public expectation. consider this:

Decent photos of Mars come back showing full colour - similar to a photo taken on Earth.

Add that to the reasonable idea of microbial life on Mars exists as discussed previously and what do you get? a public which swallows the idea that we are alone in the universe. ---> people would begin to see UFO and alien acounts in a new light leading many many more people to search a definit answer which they would find because the evidence is out there. This would be bad news for the govt ufo cover up Majestic 12 types.

The government doesn't want the gerneral pop to be chalenged on their notion that we are alone.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
But in every other place where we have found water, we have found life. This could be an exception, but the odds point to there being life.
And how do you know that this is frozen water and not CO2, like NASA says?

There are no known living creatures that can live in those conditions.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Not trying to spoil your fun. But for me, the whole outer space/ life on mars type thinking is just a distraction [ a distraction that I was once part of ]. It discounts God and lays open another possibility for where we come from.

I'm not blaming you or giving you credit for the original concept, I'm just pointing out to those who never thought of it what is going on.

I think I'd rather spend my energy trying to raise awareness about the frauds in government and the lies being told and get our country back on line, before entertaining fiction which we really can't afford right now.

How would you spend your money, on a new car or a leaky roof on your house? We're [ our nation ] spending money on a car instead of the leaky roof if you get my drift.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Evidence of life on Mars is not proof of life on Mars.

thats right... the evidence of biological byproducts
~such as methane~ is not proof of existing biological life.

with NASA & the others, even if there was 'evidence' that
what the probes are testing- could logically be organic life
(even lowly life like bacteria)...the scientists would not dare
proclaim the results as 'Life' until there was a hands-on examination & further testing

The protocols and rigorous proofs which science needs,
is not available with remote instruments on an alien terrain,

so whatever interpeted results are sent back to Earth from the Mars rovers, are only interesting data. No self respecting scientist will say
'that there is definitely Life on Mars , now or in the past...

even though it is generally accepted(among enlightened thinkers & scientists) that a form of life has possibly developed there on Mars... independently.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Great post!

I have another bit you could add and that is the martian weather.

This video is on the nasa website and shows the martian clouds rolling across the sky:

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

This tweaked my curiosity to see whether the clouds contained water or were made of dust and I found this basically saying that the formation of ice based clouds could be tracked in the equatorial region.

During clear periods (L s 0–180°) the seasonal and diurnal variations in water-ice cloud occurrence could be mapped using the 11 μm IRTM band. Clouds tended to occur over the Tharsis region and the region between 0 and 60°W near the equator, and to evolve from dispersed hazes to more localized hazes during the day. As northern summer progressed during the Viking period, the northern clouds transitioned from a diffuse haze to a more concentrated zone of clouds in the equatorial region with a well-defined northern boundary.

source: www.agu.org...

I suppose the next thing was how high are these clouds. What I found next stunned me. Mars seems to form two types of clouds. The ones above made of water ice particles and CO2 clouds in the polar regions which correlate with the martian polar ice caps and the HIGH ALTITUDE clouds that form at an amazing 80km high!!! Does anyone else wonder at clouds forming at that height around Mars?

Data from the SPICAM Ultraviolet and Infrared Atmospheric Spectrometer indicated that any high altitude clouds are not very thick and made up of much smaller particles, but the CO2 clouds detected by OMEGA are very different. Not only are they surprisingly high - more than 80 km above the surface - but they can be several hundred kilometres across. They are also much thicker than expected. Instead of looking like the wispy ice clouds seen on Earth, they resemble tall convectional clouds that grow as the result of rising columns of warm air.

Source: www.marsdaily.com...

So obviously then I wanted to check on martian surface temperatures to even see if you could get liquid water and lo and behold:

. The surface of Mars may often become warmer than 17 degrees. Other data returned by Mars Global Surveyor shows the temperatures can be 30 degrees F (~0C) or more.

[url=http://www.windows.ucar.edu...www.windows.ucar.edu...=/mars/exploring/MGS_surfaceT.html[/url]

This has really made me question common "knowledge" about Mars and it's atmosphere. Very interesting stuff.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Shere Khaan]

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Shere Khaan]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing the truth. We should have known that all planets have liquid, and life. No one can exist without life.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Ah there is the the wizard of findings himself mikesingh finding more information on mars and other space anomolies.
Look who also joined the party ArMaP!

Anyway, great find mike though I'm sure some scientist might not say it's scientific if there is/aren't any statics shown within these reports. :p you know how scientist love there statics!

Anyway Star'd+Flag'd

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I don't really have much to add, but another great thread mike! I'm really looking forward to seeing you as the new CM!

What motivation does NASA have to keep the truth about Mars (or anything else for that matter) under wraps?

The new information would challenge the status quo. We would no longer be the center of the universe like some believe. Not long ago it was accepted as fact that the planet was flat.

I can't wait till civilians get a chance to go to space and explore (or at least independent journalists).

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

That being said, here it comes. None of us truly knows what is going on.
We all rely on the "Media Construct" to inform us of anything.

Mankind is developed on the notion of deception, and diversion. Think of when you were all children, wanting or not wanting something. Lies, all lies. For gain, or to be unpunished.

Who has proof, that anything a multibillion dollar for profit organization, says is truth.

Do not spout ethics.

We will always see(until sed choose not to) what we are spoonfed on T.V.
Do you live on Mars? Have you experimented there?

No, but NASA says.
No, But NASA says.

What is NASA a part of?
Excuse me, what does the acronym of NASA, mean?

Uh...national"Blah""Blah""administration.

Nay sayers, poo pooers, step back.
None of us knows, unless you work with the the ones in the know.
If you (claim to be in the know on any of these threads/forums and are dumping truth into the civy web, I wish you kudos and luck.)

It takes money, major money. To be in the know, or being so caught up in sci-ops and the black, that you have no choice.

Even if average, worldwide peoples, had the knowledge, of all secreted things. Do you think, life, would continue in its declining decadence. Or come to an anarchists stance.

My Father survived the Korean conflict, including the Chosin.
He was a triple first marine. Although a reserve, sent in with the fodder, and spent over his time, as a marine.
I can not access any national database on his service.
My point, he told me, one day man will know when he is ready. And that, some mysteries were not to be known.
His wisdom, and vagueness,, spoke volumes, as to what we do not know.
To understand my rant you would need to know me.

And, I guess that gets us back to square one.
Which is, we are all sheep.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join