It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Evidence Of Life On Mars!! Why is NASA Obfuscating The Truth?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by battlestargalactica
please provide sources for all accusations thanks

Well it was a question not accusation...

but if I provided sources I would be in deep with admin

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great work Zorgon, your back in style the clouds are just part of the equation that gives us all hints that life actually could be on Mars not to mention the 81 degrees F. recorded on Mars. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Showed you the data, yes I did... but its here..
www-k12.atmos.washington.edu...
Thanks, I didn't noticed it when you posted.

You need to come out of your shell, ArMaP Come visit us here in Las Vegas... we will take you out into the desert (I promise we won't leave you there
) and I can show you how well life does without ANY visible signs of water.. We have had spells of 18 months without rain... yet there is 'life as we know it' all over the desert..

And actually if your stuck in the desert... look for signs of life ... they will lead you to where you can dig for water...
I think that we can not make a comparison between Mars and the deserts on Earth because we do not know if life existed on Mars before it reached its present situation, while on Earth life can survive on the desert and other extreme conditions because it evolved elsewhere and adapted to those conditions after.

Really
That much huh? I got $750.00 for one weekend last time... but that wasn't the Russians... it was the county
And about that 'fake' part... LOL Its recognized officially by two government agencies... three if you count the IRS
That reminds me that I must send my tax declaration this weekend.

PS: I would like to make it clear that I am not paid by any organisation or person to debunk anything, all my posts represent only my thoughts and opinions about the subjects being discussed.

But I may accept offers.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
You can do better than that.

yes I can... but why?

Besides maybe you have bad data on the REAL pressure on Mars...

Did I not predict exactly what these clowns' next argument would be?

Like I said, we might as well start talking about all the 'canals' built by the advanced alien race on Mars at this point, for all the science that's left in this thread.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by waffles
Like I said, we might as well start talking about all the 'canals' built by the advanced alien race on Mars at this point,

Great Idea

Here is one of those "Canal beds" that you are referring to... only NASA calls is a ROAD... but you can clearly see the paving stones left by that Ancient Civilization... it seems the Rovers like driving on these old roadways...

Don't get stuck in the sand as much

he Road to Victoria Crater on Mars

Imagine that an ignorant TROLL calling US Clowns

Ans all these comedians out of work in Vegas

:shk:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Putting my geology hat on, I'd say that 'road' looks perfectly natural.

But it also looks like sedimentary rock. Which means it was formed, over a long period of time, under water. Pretty strong evidence for ancient oceans on Mars IMHO.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
reply to post by zorgon

Great work Zorgon, your back in style the clouds are just part of the equation that gives us all hints that life actually could be on Mars not to mention the 81 degrees F. recorded on Mars. Rik Riley

81f is pretty cold compared with the Moon where it can reach 123c by day .....

What's important is not so much the maximum daytime temp, but the dirunal range (which on the Moon is about 250c)

Also worth noting that 81f is max soil temp, whilst air temp is somewhat lower.

The temperatures on the two Viking landers, measured at 1.5 meters above the surface, range from + 1° F, ( -17.2° C) to -178° F (-107° C). However, the temperature of the surface at the winter polar caps drop to -225° F, (-143° C) while the warmest soil occasionally reaches +81° F (27° C) as estimated from Viking Orbiter Infrared Thermal Mapper.

In 2004, the Spirit rover recorded the warmest temperature around +5 C and the coldest is -15 Celsius in the Guisev Crater.

www.astronomycafe.net...

Always best to keep everything in proper perspective lest we mislead ourselves

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well then if weather conditions are REALLY that bad on Mars... explain to me how they plan to use the MARS1 Humvee they are testing in the Arctic?

And while your at it explain to me

A) How the astronauts drive it in bulky spacesuits
B) What kind of heater it has... ( I remember trying to start my car in Winnipeg)
C) What does it use for fuel
D) How in the hell will they get it up there without those antigrav engines
I mean surely the astronauts aren't going to reassemble it up there?

Funny thing... I wrote Humvee to ask them.... they had 'no comment'

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Putting my geology hat on, I'd say that 'road' looks perfectly natural.

But of course its perfectly natural
Geology hat huh? Mine's a hard hat with light on it

But it also looks like sedimentary rock. Which means it was formed, over a long period of time, under water. Pretty strong evidence for ancient oceans on Mars IMHO.

First prize
most definitely sedimentary... long periods under water... like at the bottom of a canal...

But since these 'roads' are all over the place... maybe when the lighting is right, these are the 'canals' Percival Lowell saw

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi Zorgon, Earl C. Slipher did most of his observations of Mars in the Hussey Observatory in South Africa. He made over 100,000 photos of the planet Mars. Most humans on Earth probably do not know that the United States Air Force used Slipher's map of Mars in the late 1950s because it was the most detailed map every made at the time. Zorgon does that ring a bell 1966?

Do you realize that Slipher believed in Percival Lowell's work and observations made on Mars. Here is the biggie the U.S. Air Force used Percival Lowell's map with Slipher's detailed map of Mars that contained the Martian Canals.

Now why would United States Air Force do that unless they believed the maps to be accurate. Here is my belief that the canals were there at the time of observation. Slipher detected an area the size of Texas that was blue-green in color and assumed it was some type of vegetation because it was seasonal and multiplied during the summer months on Mars. The other areas that darkened on Mars to the blue-green tint were known as the dark wave. Now I do no think these guys were dreaming or just seeing nothingness. Rik Riley

[edit on 14-4-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

A road is an identifiable route, way or path between two or more places. Roads are typically smoothed, paved, or otherwise prepared to allow easy travel. That just does'nt sound very natural to me. I just have to wonder what these roads are leading to?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Here is a road after an earthquake...

Old Roman road still in use

Old roman road in England not used much

If the Martian Roads were from an Ancient civilization... they would not look so good today

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

If the Martian Roads were from an Ancient civilization... they would not look so good today
But they would still look like roads, like those Roman roads you posted, if you have ever seen a Roman road with your own eyes you know what I mean.

And roads, to be of any use, must be over a pre-prepared ground, not just put on the ground.

The photo from the road after an earthquake that you posted shows an area that is not flat, and the bigger movements of the pieces of the road were because of that. A road in a flat area, even after an earthquake (or a Marsquake) would still have its elements (or pieces of a complete surface) close to each other and the shape, when seen from above, would still be the same.

Also, in many of the photos from the rovers we can see that those white, flat stones are almost everywhere. There are photos from craters rims where we can see the stones appear from under the dust that covers the ground in the places where the crater breaks the stony surface, so I think that this is a feature much larger than a road.

And yes, they look like sedimentary rock to me too, although its uniformity and thickness tell me that the conditions that created those stones may have been present for not very long.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Reply to Zorgon
But they (Martian roads) would still look like roads, like those Roman roads you posted, if you have ever seen a Roman road with your own eyes you know what I mean.

Roman roads were made a couple of thousand years ago. The 'Martian roads' could have been built a million years ago. So one can't compare. And oh yes, before someone labels me a lunatic, these so called 'Martian roads' I'm meaning, are purely hypothetical as of now!

And roads, to be of any use, must be over a pre-prepared ground, not just put on the ground.

And how do know those Martian roads weren't constructed on pre-prepared ground? Have you checked what's underneath?

And yes, they look like sedimentary rock to me too, although its uniformity and thickness tell me that the conditions that created those stones may have been present for not very long.

Bingo!! So then we presume that these sedimentary rocks were formed under tons of water? Water = Life! So then, that's one more pointer for life to have evolved on Mars!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Well, to go right at the op question, I think it's a matter of...we may have the evidence (I use the term "may have" very lightly, this is an excellent thread all hands down), but think about it in these terms.

In the event we can prove this existance, we want to be able to do it without a doubt, and something much more concrete, for example, when building a house, you don't live in it while it's being built, you wait for it to be structurally sound, and then you move in. The same applies (in a way) to disclosure. I can understand why NASA has not announced anything yet, this is most likely because the evidence isn't sound and solid yet.

None the less, this post does make it look promising, and does look to show that if the people at NASA are awake, we'll be seeing some further investigating and some revealing here pretty darn soon.

Excellent find hands down.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Here is a road after an earthquake...

Man.. The 7.9 I experienced in 2002 here in Fairbanks was probably worse.. It ripped a gaping hole in the Richardson Highway.. Check it.

people.arsc.edu...

it happened in a remote part of Denali. It didn't kill anyone because of that. But the effects were so amazing that 300 miles away our 2 story apartment building was swaying 1-2 feet in either direction and the aftershocks went on for at least 24-48 hrs.

-ChriS

[edit on 18-4-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo\I can understand why NASA has not announced anything yet, this is most likely because the evidence isn't sound and solid yet.

But they HAVE announced stuff... its just most people don't pay attention...

This is from NASA... looks pretty 'lifey' to me...

And NASA did announce the "rotellii' fossil...

And if you look closely in the NASA image that shows the Rotelli (and the RAT hole) you can find many more fossils... more Rotelli but even Turritella

Here is a closeup of the first one...

MARS FOSSIL STUDY Page One

FOSSIL STUDY Page Two
And THIS is also an announcement from NASA

MORE FOSSIL STUFF

Personally I call this PROOF POSITIVE of LIFE on MARS and most certainly vast oceans

And while we are at it... it is my opinion that Hoagland's "Face on Mars' is much better evidence of Oceans... The "Face" is a huge island

Look at the close up version and study the shorelines, continental shelf and radiating silt

[edit on 17-4-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

This is from NASA... looks pretty 'lifey' to me...

That is the closest to a fossil that I have seen, but unfortuantelly we cannot be sure if it was a life form or just the result of some chemical activity.

And if you look closely in the NASA image that shows the Rotelli (and the RAT hole) you can find many more fossils... more Rotelli but even Turritella

Those do not look like fossils to me, they have not enough similiarity points for me to think that they are really a fossil of a turritella type creature.

And THIS is also an announcement from NASA

No, it's not an announcement from NASA.

That is part of a Powerpoint presentation given by Jim Garvin and Dan McCleese, entitled "Robotic Mars Exploration Program Science Goals & Objectives", in the (open to public) "NASA Robotic & Human Exploration of Mars Roadmap Committee Meeting" on January 4-5 2005, not a NASA announcement.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

No, it's not an announcement from NASA.

That is part of a Powerpoint presentation given by Jim Garvin and Dan McCleese, entitled "Robotic Mars Exploration Program Science Goals & Objectives", in the (open to public) "NASA Robotic & Human Exploration of Mars Roadmap Committee Meeting" on January 4-5 2005, not a NASA announcement.

OH! I DO beg your pardon... Herr ArMaP you are correct it is NOT an announcement... it is a presentation

How bad of me not to see the difference...

by Jim Garvin and Dan McCleese Top NASA scientists...
at a NASA Committee Meeting (as you say open to the public)

[makes note to self... be sure to be more precise in future so our non english speaking viewers will not find the need to nit pic on terminology while skirting the issue
]

[edit on 19-4-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What issue? That anyone can put what they want on a Powerpoint presentation?

Does the following mean that NASA (or Jim Garvin and Dan McCleese) know that there were Martians that look like this and had a city that looks like the one on the background putting fake panoramas in front of Mars Pathfinder?

PS: yes, I am nit-picker

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join