It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

prove that you exist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
if people don't exist, then why do they insist on continuing their everyday crappy lives to support themselves?? for fun? wouldn't it be easier to just poof out of existence?

but.. what about the people that we dream of that we never met??
are they real? do they exist?

hmmm..

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
dumbest thread of the year right here...

If we did not exist, wouldn't we not be here?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
I think what need to be proven is why the moderators should continue to allow this absurd thread to continue. Prove its not about the points, go on, prove it..come on.

Well said...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It amuses me how easily some people can get their various underwears in a twist over such a simple thread. He didn't say you didn't exist. He was merely pointing out how you can question the fact that ANYONE exists.
Sheesh calm down people.

He has a point.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Prove it's not about hits and ad revenue, how about that one?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Not a good or provable one...what use is this thread at all? Why are you defending it?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whitecastle

Ok.
Tell me. Why is it not a good or provable one?
Seeing as to how its existence so insults you that you feel the need to troll it and make it go away rather than just move on to the many other posts?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I was just going to let it go away but it bothers me that you support unprovable content which I feel can do nothing other than drag the site down. Please don't support this stuff!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

I feel, I think, I can see my reflection in mirrors and water, if I pinch myself it hurts
, I have physical needs that demand attention, I interact with others, I can write something and it is there, ect.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Why would I try? It obviously is.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Oh whatever.
The whole of the post is the fact that it is NOT completely provable.
On a site where questioning things is encouraged I am rather surprised you guys are offended.
Or is just question the things you approve of questioning?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
P R O V E T H A T Y O U D O N T

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Also it's worth noting if some people are correct and this reality is nothing more than a computer simulation in a very real sense, we don't exist.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I mean, why the hell waste any time on something that can't be proven or disproven? Don't we have better things to talk about? You're wrong.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The more I think about this, the more profound it is becoming.

As in, to prove something is only to provide a perception of truth in the realm of the 5 senses.

But what about if we truly are just the imagination of a small boy who is dreaming up a planet far away? Or any number of infinite possibilities where creation has taken seed in the mind of it's creator.

My head hurts... lol

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Really?
Need I go over the gambit of topics that are on this site and seriously discussed that are neither provable or unprovable?
You think I am wrong.

But I am pretty sure your trolling atm.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Well, if you walk in a room and no one ever turns their heads to look at you, or acknowledges you with a smile, or speaks to you, you can pretty much be assured you don't exist...not in their world anyway.

Existence is in the eye of the beholder? hee hee

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitecastle
I could chop off OP's hands and thus decrease his ability to experience. That would irrefutably prove my existence.

Wrong. You could be proving one of two things:

1. That you exist, and you cut off their hands

or

2. That you don't exist, and that the OP has experienced some hallucination of you in which you cut off his hand, which due to his psychosis, he believes from that point forward to have been severed.

Anyone who is questioning the authenticity of this thread or the legitimacy of the original question needs to go spend some time with an Alzheimer's patient. Once you've seen how thoroughly one's mind can be fooled when it ceases to function properly, you can be left with no reassurances that the world around you is real.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Here's a complimentary assignment: Prove to us that you don't exist.

But seriously,
All I know for sure is that I exist. I don't know for sure that two plus two equals four because I've made mathematical mistakes before and -- though unlikely -- I may be making one in this instance.

I can't prove that you exist nor can I prove to you that I exist, except to appeal to your common sense. To wit:

My pet gorilla just folded your magic 8-ball's pork chops into three thousand phone calls.

If you never expected to read that sentence then, chances are, I am not you and I, in fact, exist outside of your imagination. I, therefore, am not you and, regrettably, exist.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
".Exist."

Try questioning someone who does not speak English what existence is.

Maybe they will think you are asking them for the direction of a restroom?

Where ever that is.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by jwater88]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join