It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missed a car payment? Good luck starting the car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Mods: Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Feel free to move it wherever it fits best. Thanks

I've never heard of this trend before, but according to USA Today, subprime borrowers buying a car are required to have a little box mounted under the car's dashboard that forces them to make payments on time. A light on the box flashes when payments are due, and if the payment is not made on time, the box starts to beep until a four-digit code is punched in to reset the system. The only way to get this code is by making the payment, and if that payment is not made on time, the car won't start.

Source

I think that this device is a rather interesting device. I know that most people will look at this and say, "What a horrible thing to have in my car! I'd never let them install that." But for me, it's not something that would bother me. I look at it as a little motivation for those of us that have trouble paying our bills on time. What do you guys think?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I would say you put it in the right forum. Mine is probably better suited here as well...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This would be great for keeping drunks off the roads and killing innocent people. It should be fitted to all cars.

The only problem would be that it would only work on cars with computers in them.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
As RabbitChaser pointed out, there is already another thread on this:

High-tech gear disables car if borrower misses payment

For the sake of simplicity, it is easier if all discussion is in one thread.

new topics

top topics

join