It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps I read too much into this..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
And perhaps this is in the wrong forum so excuse me if it is. Today Philadelphia released its evacuation plan and I just find the timing strange.
Philadelphia Evacuation

And then theres this..also put out today

Ready Philadelphia

As I said, perhaps I read too much into it all. I just find the timing strange, especialy some of the wording, more like, not an IF but a WHEN.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by rhawkins]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Why do you find the timing odd?

Also, planning is necessary. Look what happened to New Orleans. Horrible planning or lack thereof.

Fact is....crap happens. Whether it is on purpose or accident. Whether it is caused by man or nature. To prepare for crap that could happen is wise in my opinion. I would hate to live in a city that had no plans like this.

I also find it NO different then having an evaculation plan for your home. If your house catches fire, everyone in the house needs to know - beforehand - what to do, how to get out, etc etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
on the second list under the topic what to have in your hand i did not see the 45acp there, oh well be sure not to forget that one on the way out the door.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The sad thing is that it will probably happen all over again.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
looks pretty comprehensive to me -- that may be why it took so long
and why the timing might look suspicious.

back when civil defense was foremost, there would be tests and sirens to get into a shelter area more than once a season, sometimes almost monthly.
despite all the worry voiced by todays America, the civil preparedness of the population is as if they were on a sunday picnic.

here along the Atlantic coast (myrtle beach), there is an ongoing emergency evacuation procedure that is constantly being changed
or modified...
but attacks are not the preceived emergency--It is the Hurricane that is our nemesis.

new topics

top topics

join