It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department extends Blackwater's deal a year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

State Department extends Blackwater's deal a year

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Amid investigations into fatal shootings of civilians and allegations of tax violations, Blackwater USA\'s multimillion-dollar contract to protect diplomats in Baghdad has been renewed, the State Department said Friday.

A final decision about whether the private security company will keep the job is pending, the department said. Moyock, N.C.-based Blackwater is one of the largest private military contractors, receiving nearly $1.25 billion in federal business since 2000, according
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
1.25 Billion in government contracts. You can bet that this may the private \"goon\" squad that could be used in any disaster (man made or otherwise) ala katrina. These guys have zero supervision, no oversight, and seemingly no accountability either. The whole arrangement seems really shady to me.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I thought Iraq banned Blackwater from their country?

Blackwater banned from Iraq after shootings

Blackwater USA, an American contractor that provides security to some of the top American officials in Iraq, has been banned from working in the country by the Iraqi government after a shooting that left eight Iraqis dead and involved an American diplomatic convoy.

I guess the US government doesn't care what the Iraqi government says about their own country. Different day, same story

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Blackwater and other merc corporations will eventually mold into the new and improved SS. With a moral standard so low that it produces noxious gases. I'm waiting for an OCP style police force(from RoboCop). When that happens, it will be a very bad day for America, and life in America.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Shady for sure, Fred; Flag'd & Star'd!

"Private Contractor" sounds shady in the first place, figuring it's made up
of ex-military, all from insider friends of friends of higher-ups.

Any lucrative deals profiting from warzones smells corrupt to me! Like
'Hally-Burden', too!

Maybe their unaccountability has to do with protecting diplomats, who
enjoy "Diplomatic Immunity"; and can never be arrested, tried, or
imprisoned, either!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Regarding the "RoboCop" aspect... one need only look at the Robotic Military Mule thread here. That thing is literally 1/2 way to a robotic soldier... just add upper torso w/weaponary. Then, who the hell needs Blackwater? One could have their own army of machanized 4 legged soldiers -- and an even sicker thought for you... remotely run by children playing "video games" indriscriminantly killing "people" -- without thought... without care... it's just a game. When in reality they are controlling the "soldier" on a live battlefield, easily transferring a video feed to look like a video game. Ok -- that's just one of my more evil mind-control, take over the wrold, evil scientist thoughts.

"State extends Blackwater's deal a year"

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AmKHClpXbrz5nUGCa9C5dTis0NUE

top topics

join