It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Fear U.S. Commander is Beating the drum for Iran Strikes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

British Fear U.S. Commander is Beating the drum for Iran Strikes

www.telegraph.co.uk

A strong statement from General David Petraeus about Iran's intervention in Iraq could set the stage for a US attack on Iranian military facilities, according to a Whitehall assessment. In closely watched testimony in Washington next week, Gen Petraeus will state that the Iranian threat has risen as Tehran has supplied and directed attacks by militia fighters against the Iraqi state and its US allies.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Is this all going to be played out, exactly as we have been fearing? With Fallon out of the picture, and Dick Insaney doing secretive PR all over the ME, it looks like our worst nightmares may be coming to fruition...

"Petraeus is going to go very hard on Iran as the source of attacks on the American effort in Iraq," a British official said. "Iran is waging a war in Iraq. The idea that America can't fight a war on two fronts is wrong, there can be airstrikes and other moves," he said.

"Petraeus has put emphasis on America having to fight the battle on behalf of Iraq. In his report he can frame it in terms of our soldiers killed and diplomats dead in attacks on the Green Zone."

I particularly loved this little nugget from The Wall Street Journal about congress being united for going to war with Iran...Say what?!?

There are signs that targeting Iran would unite American politicians across the bitter divide on Iraq. "Iran is the bull in the china shop," said Ike Skelton, the Democrat chairman of the Armed Services Committee. "In all of this, they seem to have links to all of the Shi'ite groups, whether they be political or military."

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
These are the last days! We don't need Wyclef to tell us that! If we strike IRAN, run to the hills becuase it is all over. Me, I will probably commit suicide when the poo hits the fan. Does that make me a coward? I ask because at ATS we can talk about these things...my good friends just look at me as if I was crazy, talking about suicide in the event of a national emergency/internment camps.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Yes, the fact that you would rather kill yourself than fight for the human race as we know it is cowardly. Striking Iran is not going to cause the average american to lose anything they haven't already lost. The sky isn't falling as fast as you would like to think.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunMK

ARe you sure? What about plan Rex84 and the internment camps? Them smell of human poop makes me sick. I wouldnt survive shackled. If we strike IRAN, it must be from a staged terror-event in the US. We would all then be on the list. ALl of us ATSers.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

It doesn't make you a coward, but suicide is a long term solution to a short term problem.

I doubt they'd round up us ATSers. We're considered on the lunatic fringe by most, and too busy watching flying saucers and be abducted to sound any alarms.

Keep your chin up.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Plus you have Bush visiting Putin probably getting the go ahead...looks like its on.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

You would seriously commit suicide? Man..that is messed up, there would be no reason, and as for running for the hills, why? Why would we need to run for the hills if we attak Iran? They have no way to reach us other than some sleeper cells in the US which would be located and dealt with, they probably are known already. War is war and with you dead what contribution could you make in favor or in protest? That would be a waste of life my friend.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Stumpy1

TO attack IRAN we need another "terrorist attack" and internment camps. Living in this world of big brother and concentration camps is not my bag, baby. I can't live in the mountains either. I'm nearly legally blind without my contacts. I would survive in the wild, 2 weeks max. This whole confrontation thing with IRAN has all the makings for manufactured armegeddon. Just ask John Haggee.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Personally I think you are way overthinking the matter. There would not have to be another terrorist attack to go to war with Iran. The fact that they are/have established a nuclear program with unclear future goals is enough, not to mention the spoon they are using to stir things up in Iraq, that is more than enough. And if you think that modern American society is going to stand for internment camps for arabs in the US I would say you should look around at the diverse cultures living around you and think again...It will never happen, if It does I will come and bust you out. For some reason I get the feeling that the first call of war with Iran is going to set of Israel and we might have a short campaign seeing as how our troops are allergic to nuclear fallout, you will be fine, But just in case I would suggest getting laser eye surgery so you can see when you are in the mountains gathering nuts and berries to make sure you don't harvest anything of a toxic nature.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Stumpy1

Okay, if you say so. One more war, more apathy. Not from you, the public.

Let's just say: www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I begin to wonder if maybe you have not taken a history class? War is inevitable, there has always been war...there will always be war, we might not agree with it but that is life. This country you live in would not be the melting pot it is without war, we fought for freedom. WHile I do not agree with a lot of the stuff going on today, there is not much that can be done about it, so we have to find a way to live with it, no matter how much people protest, no matter how many people whine and say "no fair", it will still be here. How you conduct yourself in the face of this adversity is the real answer, and suicide is cowardly, If that is the route you will take the you will get no apathy, nor should you. And i belive the people you are listening to as messiah and "experts" as much as I believe that Al gore did research into the cause and effect of Global warming, which is to say, i believe them not at all. This is my opinion and many will not agree, I could really care less. But if someone tries to harm my family I will go down fighting. I think personally that we should turn the middle east into one giant Glass factory, but most will rail and ridicule me and call me heartless. The ME has been warring ever since there has been an ME we could oh so easily put an end to it once and for all.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Yet another article--And the pieces of the puzzle of WHY these maniacs are pushing this through against the people's will---They stand to make a killing financially from their INVESTMENTS as soon as the blood bathing begins...

Don’t expect Congress to do anything except to egg on the attack. On April 3 the International Herald Tribune reported that senators and representatives have made millions of dollars from their investments in defense companies totaling $196 million. Rep. Ike Skelton, the Democrat chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, is already on board with the attack on Iran.

Source:
www.opednews.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I once read that the Japanese business comunity had a saying, 'Business is War', I can easily imagine Bush and co saying'War is Business' it certainly looks that way.
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Committing suicide because you don't want to face something, whether it be pain or the future, yes, that's a tad cowardly.

However, I am sick of people using the term "coward" on people who sacrifice themselves for their beliefs or cause.
To be able to end your life for your beliefs or cause is certainly not cowardly, it takes more balls than most of us have.

I'm not saying I sympathize with anyones cause, but I am not about to make the stupid mistake of underestimating them. And I am certainly not going to call them cowards.

Hit them with automated missiles from a safe distance, or sacrifice yourself to make sure the job gets done... which do you think is cowardly?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It would be like Vietnam again,

Britain would not get involved without risking mutiny within the army. Gordon may be an idiot, but he isn't THAT stupid. He is unpopular in the polls and a new war would result in Labour never get elected again in the UK for a very long time.

Falklands gave Maggie a popularity jolt, even helped win an election, but that war was supported by the public.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Stumpy1

I think personally that we should turn the middle east into one giant Glass factory, but most will rail and ridicule me and call me heartless. The ME has been warring ever since there has been an ME we could oh so easily put an end to it once and for all.

Right! Thank god we Westerners are so civilized and peaceful! It's not like we started most of the trouble in the ME, or did we?
The only thing that needs to be glassed is the blind wall you're staring at, so you could see through.
I agree with you on dying to protect my loved ones, though.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Maybe I'm evil, but you're better off killing someone else than yourself.

Preferably some bloodthirsty jackass who thinks nuking 70 million people because their leader is a loudmouth is a great idea.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It's hard to have compassion for a part of the world that has done nothing but kill each other for thousands of years. No we did not start them warring with each other, that was started years ago because they can't seem to agree upon a common ideal and so they kill each other instead of recognizing differences and living in peace.
When we leave they will still fight each other so what is the difference? I know it sounds callaous and mean but I really don't care.

top topics

join