It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lie or Terrifying Negligence: Why Won't Journalists Demand an Answer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

A Lie or Terrifying Negligence: Why Won't Journalists Demand an Answer?

citmedia.org

A truly extraordinary example of journalistic malfeasance is playing out right now. Attorney General Michael Mukasey told a San Francisco audience last week that the Bush administration was aware in the days before the 9/11 attacks that an Al Qaeda official was making calls from a “safe house in Afghanistan” to U.S. but that our government failed to act on that.

Mukasey said the U.S. lacked the legal authority, a flat falsehood as legal commentators have pointed out. But why aren’t journalists pursing what Salon’s Glenn Greenwald explains is a huge question:

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This is just jaw-dropping...Just when I think I've heard it all, another bombshell goes off...Still think the gov had NO part in 9/11? This, at the very least shows THEY KNEW it was going to happen without a doubt, and THEY DID NOTHING TO STOP IT---Nothing!

What's even odder about this situation is the DEAFENING silence from the Main stream Media! NOBODY is reporting Mukasey's admission!! It just solidifies that the MSM is completely bought, paid for, corrupted and controlled by these criminals! It is going to take INDEPENDENT media outlets to ripple this outward to the masses...This is unreal!

It’s vastly vastly worse journalism that virtually the entire media establishment has failed to pick up on a story of real significance. Why are journalists not hounding the Justice Department, White House and Congress for answers? (The failure of Congress to ask obvious questions is nothing new for that weak-kneed crowd, sadly. And it’s scary that the presidential candidates don’t care, either.)

Who’s asking, besides MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann? Bloggers, for the most part. Oh, right, blogging is just a trivial activity, unworthy of journalistic recognition.

citmedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
This is just jaw-dropping...Just when I think I've heard it all, another bombshell goes off...Still think the gov had NO part in 9/11? This, at the very least shows THEY KNEW it was going to happen without a doubt, and THEY DID NOTHING TO STOP IT---Nothing!

Did you read your source or are you purposely cherry picking the parts that seem to prove your point?

Mukasey’s story is either true or false — and, more importantly, nothing like it happened. He can’t claim that he just misspoke or was confused because not only was there no such call from Afghanistan (at least according to everything that is known, including by the 9/11 Commission’s version), but FISA could never possibly have prevented interception of any calls remotely like the one Mukasey described

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

WHAT IF...He IS telling the truth? I am already aware that Dumbya recieved over FORTY official intelligence briefings that this was being planed PRIOR to it happening, and DID NOTHING...Now, could it be possible that THIS CALL was one of those last briefings?

new topics

top topics

join