It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BNP candidate - "Women enjoy sex, so rape cannot be such a terrible physical ordeal."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

A senior BNP official has been sacked as a London Assembly election candidate after he described rape as a 'myth' and said 'some women are like gongs — they need to be struck regularly'.

"Rape is simply sex. Women enjoy sex, so rape cannot be such a terrible physical ordeal."

It appears this 'politician' is on the verge of being sacked for controversial comments on the subjects of women and rape.

I don't know what to think of it, I mean... it could have been a bad April Fools joke or something? I read through the comments and there were a few people sticking up for him and saying that he had been mis-quoted. The BNP claim that his comments were taken out of context from his 'satirical and provocative blog'.

I just don't know if I can believe that anyone could realistically have those sorts of thoughts running through their mind, let alone have the audacity to come out with them.

I can't find many official news links for it at the moment, the search mostly came up with blogs.

Daily Mail

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If it's an April Fool, it's not a very funny one. Rape is hardly something to joke about.

If you want another argument not to vote for the BNP (aside from what they actually do when they're elected as local councillors... I made a post about this last year) then this is it. I'm not going to insult anyone's intelligence by waffling on about what a danger these people are to Britain... you can now see for yourself, plainly and clearly.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What a shame. These days I want to think better of the BNP so that I feel there's somewhere useful to post my vote. I want a party who are going to sort out this multi-cultural mess Britain is in, but I don't want them to simultaneously be a bunch of blithering idiots. Comments like these just dishearten me and leave me wondering where my next vote is going to go.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
excuse me, did I read this correctly?

wasn't the bigot sacked? .... not verge of being sacked?

if he was removed from his seat, who cares what the uneducated male thinks?

he will hopefully incarnate next life in his female self and get raped and then bang a drum about it not being enjoyable at all.

what a moron!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Well , besides the fact that rape has nothing to do with sex and is all about control, violence and power; this guy does not have a clue...

Maybe he should ride along some evening and get educated first hand...

Ridiculous...

Semper

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I"m too ticked to speak. And that's saying a lot!

(thank God for Karma... I wouldn't want to have his.)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
What a shame. These days I want to think better of the BNP so that I feel there's somewhere useful to post my vote.

Yeah I think a lot of people feel the same way, looking to the BNP for ways to sort out their problems with the country. But no one is going to vote for a party that comes out with comments like this.

Originally posted by Thurisaz
wasn't the bigot sacked? .... not verge of being sacked?

I'm not sure if he was actually sacked or just withdrawn from the polls or what.

Yesterday afternoon, London Elects, which is running the May 1 polls, said Mr Barnbrook had approached it about withdrawing Mr Eriksen's name but had not yet submitted the forms to do so.

If he was sacked then surely that would go without saying? I don't know.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Its usually the ignorant people that vote for the BNP....most people have no idea what they are about and what they plan....they just hear the words "Immigrants" and that will do.....

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by booda
Its usually the ignorant people that vote for the BNP....most people have no idea what they are about and what they plan....they just hear the words "Immigrants" and that will do.....

Well for a lot of us, immigration is one of the most pressing issues in today's Britain. Certainly I believe we are over-crowded, our services overstrained, and our freedom to be proud of our heritage undermined. Immigration will be one of my main concerns come the next election. I won't want to vote BNP but in the absence of any other parties with a strong stance on the issue, I may be forced to.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Exactly.

Immigration is the single, biggest issue facing this country and it is the primary concern of the vast majority of people I know.

Hardly any of these people wish to vote BNP but are very tempted to as a protest vote.

If the mainstream parties do not address the concerns of the British people then there is a real danger that the British people will take matters into their own hands.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Unfortunately, this is the attitude that many people seem to have. To begin with, rape has little to do with sex. Rape is about power.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
SoT,

I agree 100%.

Rape is one of the most despicable crimes possible to commit and the majority of the time is solely about expressing power.

Rapists are nearly on a par with paedophile's as the lowest of the low and there can be no excusing or justifying their behaviour.

[edit on 10/4/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Indeed. There isn't a crime I despise as much as rape. Actually, for me it's on par with murder in terms of deplorability. This BNP candidate deserves to lose all credibility for making such a profoundly hideous statement. Not only has he made himself look like a fool, he has made the BNP even less desireable than they already were, which as I said before, is a shame.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Yes this man should be banished to the political wilderness.
There is absolutely no excuse for his outburst

Unfortunately MSM will portray this person's personal opinion as representative of BNP policy and supporters.

If the same treatment was given to members of mainstream political party's then these parties would have been rendered unelectable decades ago.

The same can be said of all the mainstream religious bodies.

Unfortunately the BNP are judged by a seperate set of values than all other organisations in the UK.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Unfortunately the attitude that women enjoy/ask/deserve to be raped is hardly the preserve of the average BNP voter. These kind of despicable attitudes exist amongst people all across the political and social spectrums, albeit usually more covertly than this example.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cantwara

Very true. I don't think that this story got that big in the MSM, but if it did... do you think that anyone voting BNP would automatically be shunned by their peers as a 'rape supporter'? Even if people agree with BNP policies, they aren't going to want to be associated with those sort of comments, so the BNP are ultimately going to lose votes, even from their fans.

top topics

join