It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clintons: $109.2 Million in 7 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Clintons: $109.2 Million in 7 Years

biz.yahoo.com

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and former President Clinton report nearly $109.2 million in income for seven years in newly released tax data.

The Democratic presidential candidate and her husband paid $33.8 million in taxes from 2000 through 2007. They listed $10.25 million in charitable contributions during that period.

Clinton has been under pressure to release her tax returns, especially from rival Barack Obama, who posted his 2000 to 2006 returns on his campaign Web site last week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
Hillary Clinton's Presidential campaign donations
Bill Clinton Presidential campaign donations

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Clinton Releases Her Tax Returns Finally

[edit on 4/4/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Are you ready to have your jaw drop? That's over $15 million per year over seven years (on average). What right does Hillary have to complain about a measly $5 million when she pulls in over 3 times that per year with her husband.

They have book deals, speeches, lobbyist donations, etc etc. $5 million is pocket change for them.

For most of us, $5 million really is a lot of money so that's probably why she played the whole "I'm using my own money, boo hoo." How sad.

You won't get any pity from me.

biz.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yeah and the real Biggie question is whose backs did they scratch to get that money ?

Which corporate interests do they represent ?

Was NAFTA a financial kickback deal for them ?

What is insulting is that from that fortune, Hillary was only prepared to LEND $5 million to her campaign fund whilst expecting supporters to give money.

That selfishness and double standard speaks volumes to me.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well .. I guess they earned it all.

They paid their fair share of taxes ... 35% or so.

They gave about 10% to charity.

The only funny thing - she released the info late on a Friday afternoon - while everyone was busy with MLK stuff in the news. She was trying to slip it through and get as little attention as possible. Even the news people were chuckling about it this afternoon.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Here's a few updates on the Clinton family economic fiasco.

NYT source, pretty much the same article

Here's an interesting point from the Clinton's supposedly charitable donations:

The bulk of their wealth has come from speaking and book-writing, which together account for almost $92 million, including a $15 million advance — larger than previously thought — from Mr. Clinton’s 2004 autobiography, “My Life.” The former president’s vigorous lecture schedule, where his speeches command upwards of $250,000, brought in almost $52 million.

During that time, the Clintons paid $33.8 million in federal taxes and claimed deductions for $10.2 million in charitable contributions. The contributions went to a family foundation run by the Clintons that has given away only about half of the money they put into it, and most of that was last year, after Mrs. Clinton declared her candidacy.

As I said before their main sources of income are from the books and speeches they both partake in. Well it turns out that not only are they completely full of it, but the $10 million in tax write-offs went right into their own private charity (The Clinton Foundation no doubt) and only half the money has been given away so far...after Hillary declared her run for President.

Am I missing something here or does this sound completely ridiculous? The Clintons give money to their own foundation, don't give anything away, and then right after she runs they decide to release some of that cash.

Oh wait, there's more. You will all enjoy reading this bit:

The Clinton's taxes

UPDATE: The interesting part, of course, is the roughly $18 million that the summary doesn't account for.

So...$18 million just magically disappeared? Where could that have gone? Did you just forget about it? I mean come on, did you lose it all in a weekend trip to Vegas?

How do you just forget about disclosing $18 million? Isn't that a criminal offense. So not only are the Clintons liars, they're crooks.

Isn't that called tax evasion?

I give props to my buddy Matt Drudge for finding this information. He's been real great recently. Thanks again Matt.

[edit on 4/4/2008 by biggie smalls]

apc

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
... while everyone was busy with MLK stuff in the news.

Eh? MLK stuff? Heh... shows how much I pay attention to what scrolls on the ticker.

Unfortunately I don't think this will have any impact on the hardcore Clintonites. You know the type... they have the "I miss Bill" bumper stickers. And then you pull up beside them and have a glance, only to feel like you just took a cold shower. Then you really have to wonder what the point of living is. Of course that all depends on what your definition of the word is is.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Rapid rise of Hillary's fortune

The Clintons left the White House burdened by debt but have earned $109m (£55m) in the past eight years, putting them among the 14,500 richest families in the country and presenting a stark contrast to the impoverished families championed by her campaign.

Nearly half their income came from speeches given by Bill Clinton, often to companies that are big donors to his wife, raising ethical questions about the influence they were buying

They're in the top 15,000 richest families in America, but Hillary claims to be "Robin Hood." She steals from the rich, and well, gives to herself (and Bill I guess, when he is on her good side...but that whole Monica thing didn't work out that great).

Somehow they managed to get out of debt after Bill's Presidential tenure, I wonder how...

Maybe it was this:

Bill Clinton Earned $15.4 Million From Burkle Firm

Could that have helped out a little bit?

Former President Bill Clinton has earned $15.4 million from billionaire Ron Burkle's Yucaipa Cos. investment firm since 2003, according to tax documents released by his wife, presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

The earnings represent 20 percent of the approximately $75 million Bill Clinton earned during the same period, according to the documents. That may raise new questions about what services he performed for Los Angeles-based Yucaipa, whose investors include the ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid al- Maktoum.

Ah, more shady deals with the Clinton family.

top topics

join