It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. B-1 bomber explodes on landing in Qatar:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

And then there's this :

US bomber catches fire in Middle East .

news.yahoo.com...

Anyone no anything about this ? Thanx

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Theres a difference between catching fire and exploding. Based on reports that the crew is unhurt, I would say it was caught on fire.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It was on the taxiway when it happened. It caught fire, the crew egressed and weren't hurt. No word on the damage done to the plane however.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I guess I am going to say what we are all thinking.

What g-d's green goodness is happening to the US bomber fleet!?

Every single week, another bomber has crashed. We lost a $2.2B B-2 and two B-1s now... they are dropping like flies!!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There was a thread opened about this earlier but no more info yet.

Qatar B1 crash

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It was a $1.2B B-2, and it was the first one lost in 20 years or so. As for the B-1s, neither one of them was destroyed, and both will be fixed and back flying missions again in time. There were a lot of accidents happening in peace time too, just with the F-15 fiasco, and the loss of the B-2 everything is under a microscope and every little incident gets talked about now.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
It was a $1.2B B-2, and it was the first one lost in 20 years or so. As for the B-1s, neither one of them was destroyed, and both will be fixed and back flying missions again in time. There were a lot of accidents happening in peace time too, just with the F-15 fiasco, and the loss of the B-2 everything is under a microscope and every little incident gets talked about now.

They said it was a B1 and a B2 crashed in Guam a month ago. I guess I am confused. well not really but now i have multi liner. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Your post slipped in between mine and the one I was replying to. The person above your post said it was a $2.2B B-2 that crashed in Feb out on Guam, and I was correcting them. The one today was a B-1, and it was on the runway/taxiway when it caught fire.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
i'm pretty sure that plane wont be flying anytime soon....or evr...ever...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

The point is that it was the most expensive thing aloft, not the actual price, and the fact that one would crash actually kind of makes me hope it was pilot error.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackWidow23

you `hope` it was pilot error? bloody heck , that really nasty.

the B2 that crashed was on fire before they rotated at V2 - it was lucky that the pilot had such skill to avoid a massive loss of life and didn`t plow into the buildibgs.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackWidow23

And guess what? It's an airplane made by humans. It could be FOUR Billion dollars, and still crash. So WHAT if it's the most expensive thing out there, it's an airplane made by humans. Sooner or later we're going to lose some of them. It's inevitible.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If ya' want to throw in possible cover-up on this...

"US Nuclear B-1 Bomber On Iran ‘Attack Run’ Shot Down"
www.whatdoesitmean.com...

I certainly can't verify this website for accurate info... but then again... where can you actually verify info these days?

As always, refer to my "signature" below.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Two words. Sorcha Faal. Sorcha Faal is the biggest con artist on the net.
There have been articles on that site that are absolutely hysterical, and not one of them is true.

Oh my god this time Sorcha has outdone him/hersefl. "CIA idenfication"? The Navy and Air Force battling each other? The Air Force attacking its own planes?

[edit on 4/6/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with this post of mine...

WW3 will not happen. Oh, trust me, I would really like to see that attack on Iran... and the first couple of dozens of US planes going down "out of the blue, and for no apparent reason!".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

... and the following two posts of mine in that thread.

Then again, maybe it's just a coincidence...

Right? Right, you guys? [a question for U.S. military guys who happen to be on ATS]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The US flies aircraft all over the world for all sorts of reasons that have nothing to do with an attack on Iran. Our comittments are still around that we have to honor. The B-1 that rolled into the fire trucks on Guam recently was coming back from an air show in Singapore. Just because there was a bomber in Qatar doesn't mean that it was going to be used to attack Iran.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by elendal

zaphod is right, just because there are bombers somewhere doesnt mean they're used to target the local area public enemy....(not sarcasm)

sometimes it's just convenient to put a bomber right in the middle of two wars so that it can be at both fronts quicker than being at one or the other....

[edit on 6-4-2008 by wenfieldsecret]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The Air Force attacking its own planes?

Considering they were apparently ordered to shoot down a civilian airliner on 9/11, I wouldn't rule it out because it seems "funny".
There is a massive divide between good and evil forces on this planet at the moment, and unfortunately most people are unaware of this. Just because they were all US planes involved doesn't necessarily mean they're on the "same side".

[edit on 6/4/08 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
While it's one thing to shoot down a civilian plane that's about to slam into a building somewhere, it's highly doubtful that you would find an Air Force pilot willing to shoot down his brother in arms. Combat pilots, even if they're in another type of plane have a bond, and it would take something VERY serious to get them to shoot down one of their own. (And Sorcha Faal's say so doesn't even come close) It is also vastly different to be ORDERED to do something, and to actually DO what you were ordered to do.

Also I'd like to know what the point of the CIA taking a B-1 to fly a covert attack mission on Iran, and start a war with them, and the BROADCAST A CIA TRANSPONDER CODE is. How would anyone even KNOW it was a CIA transponder code, IF they even have them, it's not like they put it out there and say "These are the transponder codes we use, when we're on these types of missions."

[edit on 4/6/2008 by Zaphod58]

new topics

top topics

join