It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

protection of information sources.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank-you for that! You have answered everything which I asked in the first post and your with clarity and openness. I now know that Moderators who ask for these personal details are violating protocol and should be reported for this. That was the point of starting this thread, which others say that they can`t work out what this thread was about, but still continue to post useless, insulting, and rude remarks in it anyway. Questions were asked and the questions were answered, Skeptic Overlord seemed to have no difficulty in appreciating the gravity of the complaint, it seems strange that others did. Perhaps they had already decided that anything which I posted, was fair game to ridicule, anyway enough said!

Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Now that you have your answer I hope you'l be staying Qwenn. And please see my post at the bottom of the previous page, you probably missed it your reply to SO started onto p ofa new page.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
sorry

[edit on 4/5/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Some observations:

1. DARPA had alot to do with founding and furthering the internet.

2. It is common practice for agents helping keep secrecy to pose as "fellow" whistle blowers, or disgruntled.

3. Undercover agents don't usualy comeo out of the closet, even after thier cover is blown.

So, to try and whistleblow here would be like running into a den of foxes as a hen yelling, "there's a fox in the hen house!". Your going to worn alot of people, but all the wrong ones.

On a brighter note remeber that while many people in posistions of secrscy keeping are chosen for thier lack of judgement, and ability to follow blindly, no screening is foolproof. Many of the foxes also have a moral code, and when they finaly do figure out what they are really hiding from man kind, many will put thier "white hats" back on so to speak.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

Yes I did read it, Thanks but I don`t feel the need or desire to stick around, it is a shame that some feel that it is fair game to kick others around here, I am sure that they would not try anything like it, face to face. It is different being a bully in real life and risk picking on someone who is harder than you. But being a virtual bully is for children, not grown ups. There will be no shortage of victims in the future, I wonder how long they will stay, before seeing the light?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

You shouldn't judge ATS on one experience Qwenn - stick around and experience the true benefits of a genuine, friendly online community.

If I was to judge life on that Friday night that I got so drunk I passed out and pissed myself then I wouldn't be giving the gift of life a fair break now would I?

Go on, stick around and I look forward to your future posts

p.s. I didn't really get drunk and piss myself but I have come close

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
I now know that Moderators who ask for these personal details are violating protocol and should be reported for this.

It's not so much a "violation of protocal" as it is a procedure to ensure we provide a satisfactory comfort-level to members who may be asked to provide corroboration they're unwilling to share in public.

When I say we have the "best staff on the Internet" I mean it and stand by that all-day, every-day. All of our staff have the best interests of ATS at heart, and work hard to ensure we have a quality environment that fosters meaningful discussion. That doesn't mean we're perfect, but it does mean we work damn hard trying to be.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think it's more relevant to actually spell out what protection of information sources really means. Especially when it comes to legal issues and pirating materials.

I would imagine that people who post new material here that hasn't been released anywhere else could become the property of ATS? So, in that regards; are you giving material away you may actually have the rights to? Does this mean that all of your research work is also their property and if you intend on writing a book, you now have to pay ATS for it's use?

Imagine an abductee spills his past history on a website and then writes a book only to get sued over it being allegedly pirated from their site.
I'm only guessing this might be the case though.

As for protection and reinforcement of ATS rules; it might be hard to prove against someone who has the ability to delete any evidence. The mods might be suspect as being good cops, bad cops and biased for personal reasons. They're only human.....or ARE they

I have heard of the government creating websites and letting the public do the work for them. If you build it they will come? I already have trust issues with the government and it's possible ability to clone a site such as this to filter out materials from certain informants or sources.

Talk about you BIG phish.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Well sort of, but perhaps it is a little known fact that if you think of an invention, whilst you are the property of the M.O.D. or patent it whilst you are still under the Official Secrets Act, it is actually their property. Well perhaps some of us will have to wait a long time before we register our patents!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Do you still intend to share information with ATS on the 9th of April? I ask this because I'm still enormously curious as to what this was all about, and what you were trying to find out in relation to ZOZ et al. I'm an open minded person who wants to learn as much as he can, and you've made me quite curious. At the same time though, I understand if for personal or privacy reasons you cannot or will not explain anything beyond what you already have.

Good luck all the same.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank-you for that! You have answered everything which I asked in the first post and your with clarity and openness. I now know that Moderators who ask for these personal details are violating protocol and should be reported for this. That was the point of starting this thread, which others say that they can`t work out what this thread was about, but still continue to post useless, insulting, and rude remarks in it anyway. Questions were asked and the questions were answered, Skeptic Overlord seemed to have no difficulty in appreciating the gravity of the complaint, it seems strange that others did. Perhaps they had already decided that anything which I posted, was fair game to ridicule, anyway enough said!

Ok, now I wonder about all of this. Are you using this as an excuse not to have divulged more information in your threads?

Now that you know the proper channels to go through, will we be getting some answers out of you for the threads you started?

What, pray tell, do you expect out of April 9th?

Does this date have anything to do with your vanishing friend that took the top secret job in your other thread?

Now that you know you can supply facts to people in charge, it would be nice to see some point to the threads you have started.

You have 4 days, in my opinion, before I think you are a complete waste of time! So your date stands for me as well.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

EDIT: This was forwarded to the general conspiracy forum and it ended up here in Aliens and Ufo`s, Perhaps a MOD would move it there, as I am getting fed up with things ending up in places unintended for them, you ask that we have faith in you, well foster that faith with us and perhaps we will be more believing of you!

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Qwenn]

This was posted yesterday. I checked the logs and not one of your threads has been moved in the last 2 days. User error? Agenda maybe?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
In this world, you have to prove that you're as reliable as your source(s). Don't be surprised when people want you to provide evidence. It's human-nature: to ask people to show & tell, even if the person, whom is being asked to provide personal information is a very secretive and/or trustworthy person.

Don't share anything with those people, who refuse to respect you or protect your identity.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Since I was the one involved, I would like to make two things clear for Qwenn and everyone else.

* The thread was started on April Fool's Day : www.abovetopsecret.com...

* The reason I asked "what's the source" was because there are a lot of joke news stories going around on April 1. Some of these fake stories even get picked up by foreign news agencies and then reported as "real news". We saw this happen a few years ago when a joke story from the BBC got passed along as real news by Times of India (I think it was), which does no fact checking.

Since he was asking on April Fool's day, one of these stories could have been what was upsetting him.

There was an even BIGGER possibility it was from a site well known for hoaxers (I can think of several) or a site with spoof news (like "The Onion.") Some of those sites had a bunch of questionable stories on April Fool's Day.

There was a very very very small chance it was an April Fool's Joke in Jane's Defense Weekly (not usually known for its sense of humor, but sometimes changes in editorial policies make for weird results) because one of the elements of the story came from "Dr. Strangelove." Readers of JDW would know it was a joke because of that part of the story.

When Qwenn indicated his source was a person rather than an internet message or news item, I let the whole issue drop, simply telling him that it appears he was hoaxed or pranked.

Frankly, I don't care who passed it along to him. I didn't want to know then, and I don't want to know now. All I wanted to find out was if the source was an April Fool's item from another site.

I hope this will set the record straight.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Since I am totally confused what this is all about I have just one question.

You mentioned April 9th, and you mentioned TV could this have something to do with the show UFO Hunters and the Stephensville, Texas sighting that is going to be on??????

What am I missing here and why now after all this can't anyone here tell us plan and simple what the hockey sticks is going on so we can move on without confusion.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
I think it's more relevant to actually spell out what protection of information sources really means.

Yes, I still wait on someone either pointing me to, or explaining what the "official" stand on source protection is in regards to ATS handing on material or information entrusted to mods or owners based on requested credibility proof?

[edit on 6/4/08 by icblue]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

I'm with you observe50, let's just put an end to the fricken games everyone:

What is meant to happen on 9th April?

What was the gist of the Jane's Defence Weekly article?

Two questions with a single answer me feels so please, Byrd and Qwenn, can we have some answers?

Jeez, I'm off to get a beer to help me through this!!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Is there any way you can share with us what made you feel that he had been pranked without revealing the personal information he/she sought to protect? It's just that nothing has ever really been explained one way or another when it comes to what exactly this was all even about, and I doubt I'm the only one curious about it.

Also, are you certain he was pranked?

I'm confused.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Speaking of April Fools Day Hoaxes, I got something to share.

Since ATS has started the Tweeter experiment I went ahead and did my own little social experiment. I started to follow random people that I thought where interesting and maybe start some dialog with them and eventually see if I can awake them to the truth. Well I got to tell you that I have followed some pretty interesting people.

Whoever is not familiar with ATS on Tweeter you can check it out here. NEW: AboveTopSecret.com is Tweeting on Twitter!

I have followed one guy that came out and admitted that he perpetrated some Hoaxes on April Fools that got out into the media. I just want to show you guys that they are out there.

Here is the Tweeter page that shows the brief conversation that I had with him. twitter.com...

[edit on 4/6/08 by housegroove23]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Now that it is April 9th in some parts of the world, I thought it would be interesting to resurrect this thread.

Anything special happen anywhere that it is the 9th yet?

Where I am it is still the 8th, so I have more than 24 hours for something to happen.

To the OP of this thread, do you have anything to report, per your sources that you did not want to divulge?

Will you be questioning your sources more, on this all important day?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join