It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

protection of information sources.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What protection of sources of information are in place, when Moderators ask for their names, ranks and serial numbers, when you start a thread? I for one am not prepared to put someone elses neck up for the block, when it is me posting a thread. We have to trust ATS to keep the information which they demand private, but what if they are part of the whole problem, we are expected to give this information to them in order to verify what we claim is true. My main problem with this is, what if they are here to get the information from us, in order to track down and punish the whistleblowers? I am starting to feel bullied not only from other members, but especially from the Mods. I have forwarded information in the past to them, which they requested, only to have them not to verify to other members that the information has been recieved. Also I have become aware that some Mods have connections with the Military and debunk what they are told as being contrary with Military protocol and therefore unworthy of consideration. I have decided to withdraw from posting after Wednesday 9th April 2008, after deducing that we are all wasting our time bringing to this website anything of importance. I will not be opening other accounts under other names, as some have, I will just be leaving altogeather. I suggest that everyone who considers this site to be the be all and end all of conspiracy sites, at least considers the possibility that we have all been had! I expect that I will be Banned for this opinion, but if I am it will be of no consequence, as I have said before, I am off to lead a more productive life! I would warn others against providing details which could lead to others being identified and punished, in the name of the truth!

EDIT: This was forwarded to the general conspiracy forum and it ended up here in Aliens and Ufo`s, Perhaps a MOD would move it there, as I am getting fed up with things ending up in places unintended for them, you ask that we have faith in you, well foster that faith with us and perhaps we will be more believing of you!

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Qwenn]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Sad if being true or not. All I know is I posted something once and it was removed, not once but twice..........................that was only the first time.

The secound time it was another thread and it was deleted. So im really not sure whats up with some of the mods. Im not sure if its ATS in general but some of the MODS that are here.....and also knew somone that had a very detailed post deleted 4 times with activity...

But whatever ? Just wont post and post on other forums but just read around....PS if you want to post something detailed make sure its copyed and posted each time ..lol

[edit on 4-4-2008 by ItsFrickenAndrew]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
True, and if you decide to post in a certain area, why it sometimes put ito an area that may only be read and replied to by a very few people and not into the area which you requested!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
True, and if you decide to post in a certain area, why it sometimes put ito an area that may only be read and replied to by a very few people and not into the area which you requested!

Nothing really to be paranoid about. Really.[I dont really care] It just shows that maybe some mods may not be for this website therefor acting as if they are...........you never know LOL

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
well perhaps it is time for us to question the motivations of certain Mods and report it in the open, I have had cause to complain before and it has either been ignored or brushed under the carpet. I think the time has come for us all to whistleblow on any Mods which we either suspect, or know have an alternative agenda. This includes Mods who u2u you with requests which go against ATS protocol. If we are accountable, then so are they, if we are under suspicion for posts, then they must also pass all of the tests which they insist on. If they request information, then fail to tell other members and other Mods that you have supplied the information which was requested of you, then they must surely be made accountable. Deny ignorance and deny undisclosure which causes many of us to get flamed when a Mod FORGETS to mention that the very information requested of you, has in fact been delivered!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Sorry you feel the need to leave the site, but I must say...I am getting kind of tired of members that have been posting threads like this lately, criticizing this site, complaining about post placement, complaining about the moderators, the owners of this site etc.

This site is FREE, and run in a VERY organized fashion considering how large and how populated it is. I am sure it's a pain in the butt a lot of times for everyone who helps run it. Do any of you complainers ever ONCE think of anyone but yourselves?

Maybe your post gets moved because it was deemed as not fitting into the forum you placed it in. They can do that, it's THEIR site. They set the rules, and you should follow them. When you start up your own site and put in 17 hours a day running it, then you can decide where everyone posts too.

I am on here for hours just about every day, and I have seen nothing but the moderators being helpful and bending over BACKWARDS to please everyone, correct gently those that cross the line, and the people I have seen get banned, deserved it.

I also wonder why you have posted this, if I didn't like this site and had felt they had treated me poorly, I would just leave. Or just go back to lurking. I think posts like this are just designed to stir up controversy, I see no other purpose for you to not just leave, instead of just leaving, you post this thread. Stating you are leaving on April 9th. What's the point of doing this? Why not just leave? This is what leads me to think that your thread is only here to generate responses and as I said before, to stir up trouble.

My two cents.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
In reply to your post, o.k. so if you believe that posts are put in appropriate sections, re-read my post and perhaps you can decide where in it I have mentioned aliens etc. I think that answers your points.

Also if in this site we are able to question governments, world leaders, religion, etc, without question, then why are we not allowed to question any aspects of the site!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Because I have as much right to use this site as anyone else, but a site that promotes the search for truth, has to be squeeky clean, is it? Well I leave it to others to tell it as it is.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

I never said you couldn't question the site, I just said I was sick of seeing complainers. You're the one leaving the site because you aren't pleased with certain aspects of it. Fine.

You didn't answer my question, if you don't like ATS, you say you are leaving, why post this with an exit date? Why not just leave?

Ahhh I was right, I just saw your response, and yes, you're just here posting this to stir up controversy and animosity. Well I shall leave you to your complaining, have a good time before you "leave."

[edit on 4-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If you had given yourself time to read my past posts and consider the facts and do the research, which we are all supposed to be here to do, you would realise the significance of the date which I quoted and also realise why I have made this decision. I have as much right to stay here, even if banned, as anyone else. Even people who are honest and have a point to put accross are banned, then we have a duty to ask why, is it because they have broken rules, or criticised ATS. I leave that up to others to decide, either way.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Sorry to here your plight. A couple of questions.

1. Why the 4/9 date. Are you planning on posting some more material?

2. I am on the fence about the 'complaining' some one has stated. You may have had the dealing with the staff you mention and some one like myself would have no idea of what went on behind the scenes. I certainly hope it isn't so as I have trusted in the fact that the forum is run in a reasonably well handled state and is not a part of some cover up or disinformation outlet.

May be you know things we out here don't. If this is true may be you will find an outlet to reveal it. If not may be it isn't so. Just hoping to know the true.

Edit: sp

[edit on 4/4/2008 by roadgravel]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

I thought this site was about controversy? well perhaps you have been here long enough to have a considered opinion, whoops sorry I did`nt realise that you have only been here a matter of days!

Enough said!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well then fine....leave. The last thread you started turned out to be something that could have been resolved behind the scenes. It was apparently nothing. I don't have the greatest rep here.....but dude, give it a rest.....take the drama elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Sorry no more threads from me, I really think that there is something wrong with the way we are treated here, all I would say is, don`t just send things to one MOD on the forums, choose wisely and don`t expect them to back you up when others are flaming you.

P.S. If you have a trusted informer, think twice before revealing their details to anyone requesting this information to proove you are telling the truth, they are likely to be recieving a call from those in charge!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

I will miss you too and all of your negative comments on things which you have not the slightest of knowledge about! See you.

P.S. Don`t forget Wednesday 9th April 2008, I doubt you will!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Please get this thread back on topic.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Ironic.....considering your happy, positive, uplifting comments in this thread. And probably about stuff you know nothing about.

Bye.....don't let the screen door hit ya' in the butt!!!!

Edit: Uh oh.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Sure, happy to........

What is it?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Are you still mad about your hoax "impending doom" thread? We like sources and evidence. If you have none to offer best to keep it to yourself.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
As has been said before, but I am sure you missed that, I never revealed what my thread was about, only to Moderators. I never said that my thread was about anything to do with gloom and doom, but as a Moderator said, keep this on subject, it is a thread about protecting sources. Bully boy tactics will surely detract from your COOL personas. I asked if being asked to reveal your sources was ethical, or not. Please answer the question, or be labeled a thug for attacking a fellow member.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join