It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elephants in the book of Enock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hello

In the book of Enoch there is mention that Angels (stars) Fell to Earth and mated with Oxen to produce elephants etc

Chapter 86

1 And again I saw with mine eyes as I slept, and I saw the heaven above, and behold a star fell 2 from heaven, and it arose and eat and pastured amongst those oxen. And after that I saw the large and the black oxen, and behold they all changed their stalls and pastures and their cattle, and began 3 to live with each other. And again I saw in the vision, and looked towards the heaven, and behold I saw many stars descend and cast themselves down from heaven to that first star, and they became 4 bulls amongst those cattle and pastured with them [amongst them]. And I looked at them and saw, and behold they all let out their privy members, like horses, and began to cover the cows of the oxen, 5 and they all became pregnant and bare elephants, camels, and asses. And all the oxen feared them and were affrighted at them, and began to bite with their teeth and to devour, and to gore with their 6 horns. And they began, moreover, to devour those oxen; and behold all the children of the earth began to tremble and quake before them and to flee from them.

i need some help here if anyone can, or opinions

1) is there a type of concordance for apocryphal works?

2) In the context of the book is Enoch talking of literal or figurative animals?

3) what is the original language of this book?

4) should this book be part of the bible in your opinion?

5) any other comments opinions are welcome
many thanks for your help

If the book of enoch is literal there are much loved animals out there that aren't of Gods doing

many thanks
david

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The book of enoch is refered to many times in the Bible. The term Son of Man is taken from Enoch and the story from Genesis about the Nephilim is also from Enoch. However, the book known as Book of Enoch is not as old as one might think, but the wisdom therein is much older and belongs to the oral tradition of the Hebrews dating back to preflood Adam and Eve. According to this tradition, Adam was given a book often refered to as the Spark of Heaven. This book contained all anyone would desire to know about God and his Plan. However, Satan summoned 1/3rd of the angels in heaven and waged war against God because of this, since God had shared the divine wisdom with Man and not the angels. Satan & co seized the book, put chains on it and threw it at the bottom of the ocean. However when God learned about the treason of Satan he threw him down from heaven and his angels with him, and he ordered Leviathan the great sea serpent to retrieve the Spark of Heaven from the bottom of the sea, and so he did. The book was then given to Enoch the seventh son and the great grandfather of Noah. Tradition wants it that Enoch was the first person to ever write, since he was given the alphabet in order to read the book he had been given by God. According to the Enochian tradition parts of the Book of Enoch is based on the Spark of Heaven, but the Spark of Heaven is now lost.

The Watchers that appear in Enochian litterature are the sons of God mentioned in Genesis 6 who mated with the daughters of Man so they gave birth to giants. In Enoch this story is much more vivid, and it is explained how these watchers manipulated animals and brought forth giants and monsters. Allthough there is nothing in the fossil records that can prove or disprove the occurance of giants, gigantism is a well known phenomena that often occurs when animals of different branches of a species mix. One example is the "liger", a mix between lion and tiger. It's gigantic. And this is exactly what the Bible and Enoch tells us about. Gigantism. Apparently the Flood destroyed all these giants and monsters.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
The book of enoch is refered to many times in the Bible. The term Son of Man is taken from Enoch and the story from Genesis about the Nephilim is also from Enoch. However, the book known as Book of Enoch is not as old as one might think, but the wisdom therein is much older and belongs to the oral tradition of the Hebrews dating back to preflood Adam and Eve. According to this tradition, Adam was given a book often refered to as the Spark of Heaven. This book contained all anyone would desire to know about God and his Plan. However, Satan summoned 1/3rd of the angels in heaven and waged war against God because of this, since God had shared the divine wisdom with Man and not the angels. Satan & co seized the book, put chains on it and threw it at the bottom of the ocean. However when God learned about the treason of Satan he threw him down from heaven and his angels with him, and he ordered Leviathan the great sea serpent to retrieve the Spark of Heaven from the bottom of the sea, and so he did. The book was then given to Enoch the seventh son and the great grandfather of Noah. Tradition wants it that Enoch was the first person to ever write, since he was given the alphabet in order to read the book he had been given by God. According to the Enochian tradition parts of the Book of Enoch is based on the Spark of Heaven, but the Spark of Heaven is now lost.

The Watchers that appear in Enochian litterature are the sons of God mentioned in Genesis 6 who mated with the daughters of Man so they gave birth to giants. In Enoch this story is much more vivid, and it is explained how these watchers manipulated animals and brought forth giants and monsters. Allthough there is nothing in the fossil records that can prove or disprove the occurance of giants, gigantism is a well known phenomena that often occurs when animals of different branches of a species mix. One example is the "liger", a mix between lion and tiger. It's gigantic. And this is exactly what the Bible and Enoch tells us about. Gigantism. Apparently the Flood destroyed all these giants and monsters.

thanks for that

What about the elephants though?

the Spark of heaven, where is the spoken of?

much appreciated

david

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I don't know anything else than that Elephants are millions of years old according to dating of fossils. They are genetically related to sea cows.

As for the Spark of Heaven it is part of ancient Hebrew oral tradition. Some speculate that this book was infact the fruit of the Tree of Wisdom that opened the eyes of man so he could judge between good and evil and become wise like God.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Margaret Barker is the great English scholar of the Book of Enoch. Get ahold of her book on Enoch and the wonders will open to you.

I believe Enoch 1 is part of the Bible, but then I generally accept the Ethiopian Orthodox Canon of Scripture rather than the Western European ones.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Elephants, dolphins have mental capacities that greatly surpass our conventional wisdom. When I saw the elephant do the 'self image' portrait I was mystified. Dali would be proud.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Brilliant

many thanks for that, can you mention anything specific?

david

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

i havent seen it, seen thing similar over the years, trained????

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

The cows represent mankind. The star beings influenced people to be like elephants, camels and asses. It seems the norm is to be cow-like but the angels changed the behavior of mankind to be different. The following chapters say swords were put in the hands of the E.C.A. and they began fighting each other.

The identity of the cow is understood because of what chapter 88 says.

"...While the cow was trembling, it was born, and became a man, and fabricated for himself a large ship. In this he dwelt, and the three cows dwelt with him in that ship, which covered them. Again I lifted up my eyes toward heaven, and saw a lofty roof. Above it were seen seven cataracts, which poured forth on a certain village much water. Again I looked, and behold there were fountains open on the earth in that large village..."

The cow that was born and became a man was Noah. The three cows that were with him were his sons Ham, Shem and Japheth.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by lostinspace]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Best I can do is suggest googling elephant self portrait, Thailand. It is simply awe inspiring. Believe it was on bbc.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

thanks very much for that, seems to make sense.

Ill have another look

all the best

david

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The book of Enoch is very cryptic, such as when it talks about humans being like animals. Why describe Noah as a cow in his version?

I believe that there are portions in the book of Enoch that are based on older works that we don't have today. Jude quoted from the book of Enoch which makes it very interesting and contraversial.

I like how Enoch describes how the sun was going to change its course after the Flood, which is stated in chapter 71 and continues up to chapter 79.

Chapter 79 says this interesting thing about the heavenly bodied.

verse 6. "The moon shall change its laws, and not be seen at its proper period. But in those days (years after the Flood) shall heaven be seen; and barrenness shall take place in the borders of the great chariots in the west. Heaven shall shine more than when illuminated by the orders of light."

I believe that the writer of Enoch was right about the changing of the heavenly bodies.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Hi Pellevoisin/
The WEST lost it many,many years ago!

‘All who lived in the temple lost their vision,
and the hearts of all of them godlessly forsook Wisdom,
and the house of the kingdom was burned and the whole chosen people was scattered (1 Enoch 93).
This history knows nothing of the Deuteronomists’ story of the Exodus and their hero Moses, but it does emphasise Enoch, and says that Jerusalem was destroyed after the people in the temple had forsaken Wisdom.

where shall WISDOM be found!

There is even a poem about the rejected Wisdom.....
Wisdom went forth to make her dwelling among the children of men,
and found no dwelling place,
Wisdom returned to her place,
and took her seat among the angels (1 Enoch 42)

ICXC NIKA
helen

top topics

join