It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Bigfoot Photo?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I just saw this pic on another sight and wanted some opinions. I apologize if this pic has already been posted. It looks like it could be a yowie. I guess a yowie is an australian bigfoot. Anyways, it also looks like it could be anything too. What do you guys think?

Yowie Photo

Here is an enlargement of the detail
Yowie Photo 2

Here is a link to the site where I saw the pic: Cryrtomundo

[edit on 4-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It looks a lot like those other tree stumps. Same color and everything. And blown-up it's easy enough to see that there's just not enough information there to say different.

Inconclusive.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Um.....

I'd love to find bigfoot, but I'm gonna have to say that this is nothing more than someone wanting bigfoot to be there.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Try to look at the picture and pretend the highlighted part is not highlighted. Do you see anything? No, neither do I. Just a case of "seeing what you want to see" I think.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
F rench F rench S wedish. Is this poster for real !!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I see nothing, could be anything

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If somebody really saw this they'd center the creature on the camera. Looks like someone taking a random picture and maybe realizing that something is odd. To lighten up a bit, lets say this was gold proof. The position of the creature is seen in the blowup to be lopsides, hands stiking out sideways, like a child zooming around pretending to be an airplane.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
i want to believ it but i cant

and since when r bigfoot in Australia ?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark_Ace
i want to believ it but i cant

and since when r bigfoot in Australia ?

Apperently since the seventies.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Looks like a tree to me. The quality of the picture is way too low to make anything out.

The Yowie is definately my favourite cryptid. For sightings, I like to keep an eye on www.yowiehunters.com/

The Aboriginies feared the Yowie and avoided it at all costs (I don't blame them!). There's some good info about the aboriginal Yowie beliefs here.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Look at the far left center, that looks more like a bigfoot than the blown-up part...

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Fake, fake, fake.. Even if it is real, there's nothing there worthy of debating over.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Great picture of bigfoot, seriously, the bigfoot creature is much more than just an apelike homonid and for bigfoot hunters, they climb trees when they feel jeopardized.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

The Yowie has been in Oz since as far back as native folklore goes which is at least 40000 years and fossil records could put it closer to 100000 years when they crossed into this continent over the natural landbridge from Asia. Some aboriginal tales tell of battles between humans and Yowies.

I've spent nights camped in Yowie country (sleepless nights) but nothing happened for me. Perhaps that was fortunate

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Please... just no;P

Why would anyone take a crappy picture into an empty woods? And I could circle anything from there and write "Look it's a dinosaur"

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
Please... just no;P

Why would anyone take a crappy picture into an empty woods? And I could circle anything from there and write "Look it's a dinosaur"

Well that would be a good point accept for the fact maybe he was taking the crappy picture into the empty woods because he seen a yowie in the distance? Im not saying thats what I think it is because to me it looks like nothing, but that would just be the logical reply to your statement

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
the sad truth is i see nothing

it oculd be anything really

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What's that blob in the centre of the picture and what's that "figure" over to the left, it could be a family of Yowie's ( sarcasm)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Here is an article copied and pasted from their site about the man who took this picture. His name is Mr.Compton here is what he said:

Yowie hunter Paul Compton has long believed a giant animal lives in the Glen Innes district - and he claims he finally has photos to prove it.

Two days before Christmas, Mr Compton set up a wild view trail camera in an area north west of Glen Innes he has been watching for some time. A week later he returned, finding the camera - triggered by movement - had shot 921 images, including two showing a blurred black figure he claims to be the elusive animal.

“There had been a lot of activity there - rocks moved, broken tree limbs - I’d left a couple of cooked chops in a plastic bag in a tree about eight foot of the ground as bait, and when I returned it had been ripped apart,” he said.

Mr Compton estimates the shadowy figure to be about 35m from the camera, and estimates it’s height to be about (4 foot six inches) - “I took my son out and got him to stand in the same place and he’s about the same height”.

He says he believes the animal is a descendant of the giant ancient ape Gigantapithicus, which was in Asia tens of thousands of years ago.

“I’ve got hair at home that’s been identified by Dr Henner Fahrenbach from Oregon Regional Primate Research Centre in America who believes it to be a high primate and identical to the type of hair belonging to the (American) Big Foot or Sasquatch.”

Mr Compton, who has plaster casts of footprints, has become somewhat of an authority on big animals, and in October [2008] will be a guest speaker at the three day Mid American Big Foot Research Foundation conference in Oklahoma to talk about big animals in Australia.

Meanwhile, two commercial television current affairs programs are looking at the recently snapped photos.

“There’s never been a picture before, this could really put Glen Innes on the map,” he said.
~ by Tim Hughes

So its not just a random picture of the woods people. It is very blurry, but there were over 900 pictures taken of the same area, assumably not showing this mysterious "tree stump" before. He also claims he put a bag of bait out, and it was ripped apart. Again it could have been anything, but it is one more thing to consider. Read the article.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It could be anything, its quite possible its a wild cat, we have had numerious sightings within the last couple of years, and these things would stand roughly 4 foot high if not higher.

I've seen these things with my own eyes, I beleive they may be a panther of some type.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join