It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constitutional Lawyer: Bush 'Ordered War Crimes'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Source.

Yoo contends that the Congressional check on Presidential war making power comes from its power of the purse. Yoo also contends that the President, and not the Congress or courts, has sole authority to interpret international treaties such as the Geneva Convention "because treaty interpretation is a key feature of the conduct of foreign affairs".[5] His positions on executive power, termed by left-leaning bloggers as the Yoo Doctrine, also known as Unitary executive theory, are controversial since it is suggested the theory holds that the President's war powers place him above any law.

He has some interesting opinions. I had not read this before. Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

The meaning was clear due to the topic of this thread. See the title of the thread for proof.

Although I doubt it was meant seriously, if I were the person who posted this I would not be surprised if the Secret Service came knocking at my door. Words have meaning and consequences even if unintended.

I'm not an attorney, but I would not need to be to win that argument.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

1. I saw britney spears name in that little blurb and it kind of stuck out to me like a soar thumb. I was just curious as to why she was placed in there of all people.

2. More than likely that is true, and I remember seeing/hearing about those eggs and insolents being tossed at the new president. Yet I only saw it in a 9/11 documentary (I think?) it was during High school so I don't even recall much from it, but I remember that. Even though it may not be as effective, it never hurts to give things a try. No matter how impossible it may seem.

As I always say and live by.
"Shoot past the possible and go for the impossible."
Who knows what will happen.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

With all the unbelievable talk of the NWO and you are complaining about the International War Crimes Tribunal. That is the beginning of the so called NWO. In no way would I want some silly international court trying US soldiers or politicians. If you just look at the nonsense that is the UN and the Human Rights Council and you can tell me straight face that we should trust any thing international?

There will be no court in which President Bush or any other politician will be tried for war crimes. First off, they are all guilty of one thing or another. After all they are politicians. And second, if you plan on trying President Bush, then you might as well prosecute all leaders past and present. Because a lot of things happen behind the scenes that we will never know about. It takes a lot to run a country and be a player on the stage called earth. It takes a lot to keep a country and its people safe. I am very happy that we went into Iraq and with luck we will make some historical changes in that part of the world that are needed.

You want to run around going "oh my GOD, President Bush is evil and he must die or put in jail" Yet, where are your comments concerning real pieces of crap that exist in our world. China, North Korea, Iran, Syria, the list goes on and on. So why aren't you crying about crimes against humanity with these other countries? These countries that are doing far more worse things to their own people. I know, I know, but we invaded Iraq and there was no reason, no WMDS, they had nothing to do with 911. Was there no good reason? The documentation has been shown what kind of piece of work that Saddam and his government were. After 17 useless sanctions that was issued by the UN, Saddam was still there killing, raping, and maiming his own people. But hey, that's ok because President Bush is eeeeeeevil. Mean while during all the "strong" sanctions imposed by the UN. Everyone including Iraq was making money behind the scenes and that is why no one except President Bush was willing to do the right thing, the one thing that many of the other countries wouldn't. Many of you run around acting like the US is the only guilty party here. You forget all the other crap that was real going down, like the food for oil program, um, hello? run by the peaceful UN. Why aren't you going after France, Germany, and Russia who were in on the oil for food program? That's called providing Saddam with money to continue with all his humanity work with his own people right?

No, I will never ever bow down to the UN or any international council and trust them because they don't have anyone's best interests at heart. It is time to give up on all the just down right silly "put Bush in jail", 911 was a conspiracy, yada, yada, yada. We will never find out the whole truth and frankly I'm over it. So keep going on with all the useless claims, mean while most of the American people have moved on. We have other things to do, like keep a job in this economy, provide for our family, build hot rods that use lots of gas YES!, and of course, surf the net.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
We perhaps might all bear in mind in considering these matters that there is more than one body of law involved

There are the Nuremberg Principles subsequently embodied in international law, there are UN treaties, Declarations and covenants, There is the ICC and The Hague and then there is laws of sovereign states

Most countries have mechanisms in place to enforce International law These war criminals can be prosecuted just about anywhere. Arresting them is more difficult unless they step foot inside the nation concerned

Maybe thats why Bush has a bolt hole in South America

Yet the question remains. Why haven't they been brought to justice?.

There have been a number of cases instigated....In Greece, Italy, Germany, GB... but have not proceeded for one reason or another......

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
War crimes?

Hahaha - is this guy blind?

Fighting for freedom, giving people freedoms overseas, helping rid the world of terrorism and they want to put our leader down for "stuff like this".

All good people are obviously targets for bad publicity.

BOOOOOO.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555I don't find that humorous. Murder is what you are proposing and that is not cute or funny. I hope you and those who starred your post are just silly children playing games.

Is proposing the assassination of the President in line with ATS T&C

I did no such thing . You can assassinate someones character or beliefs . You read what you wanted to ..

Btw i don't use "traceable" internet

[edit on 4-4-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

*Staff Edit - Removed Inappropriate Material from Quote*

[edit on 4/8/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I knew this. Vatidated again.

I knew in time it was worth putting up with the putdowns.

Part of me wished it wasnt so, but it is= so is every other evil deed people are still "debating"- We are dealing with psychopaths here.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

I simply put "The Revolution Is Coming Take no prisoners!!" together with "We As Americans have to stand up and start and independent American revolution" and the coded word you selected "Assassination".

I never thought you were serious to the level you would actually consider doing it, but I don't don't think I misunderstood how you wanted it to be interpreted. But then again this is ATS and none of us know each others true nature.

A straw-man won't work in this case. Your meaning was pretty clear. Its not worth arguing over. I got the impression it was a poorly thought out joke and that's all. As to who might knock on your door who would not take it as a joking statement, I was serious. Poorly thought out words often have unintended consequences.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

"The Revolution Is Coming Take no prisoners!!" Is lyrics from an OTEP song.

Read it however you want my friend. No skin off my back.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

No problem. I never meant to start a disagreement. We probably agree on most things anyway. I'm a pacifist at heart.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Is anyone here willing to admit yet, that The United States of America
is meerly an idea and we are no longer living in the country we thought we knew. "It's over Johnny".What you all need to be concerned with
is not war crimes,impeachment or anything of the sort. You need to prepare for an all out civil war! Which ,by the way,they have already considered and are fully prepared for. Will you be willing to stand up and fight a losing battle? "Give me liberty or give death". Sound familiar?
It wasn't just a boring quote we were forced to learn in highschool,
it is a way of thinking, a way of life. We all need to gear up because it is coming. REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar
War crimes?

Fighting for freedom, giving people freedoms overseas, helping rid the world of terrorism and they want to put our leader down for "stuff like this".

BOOOOOO.
They would love for you to believe it, but the truth is: elections do not equal freedom.

We have set up a corporate police state of the worst kind in Iraq, and the people live in utter terror. It is a perfect model for what is going to happen here.

We have elections here as well. What do they matter?

LIBERTY

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

Originally posted by Blaine91555
*snip*

I don't find that humorous. Murder is what you are proposing and that is not cute or funny. I hope you and those who starred your post are just silly children playing games.

Is proposing the assassination of the President in line with ATS T&C

I did no such thing . You can assassinate someones character or beliefs . You read what you wanted to ..

Btw i don't use "traceable" internet

I agree with Blaine91555. BAD FORM AND INAPPROPRIATE, imo.

Just how dumb do you think we are????

...'character or beliefs'...

What a crock.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by loam]

*Staff Edit - Removed Inappropriate Material from quotes*

[edit on 4/8/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Good thing i don't give a rats apple what you think. Why not post a little bit on the topic? Maybe have somehting to say about what bush did here with authorizing these here war crimes? Personally i think its appalling and he should be stopped with any means we can muster . How about you ? Naw you probably don't mind at all.. .

Just how dumb do you think we are????

*snip*

[Just how bad do thing have to get before it IS APPROPRIATE?]

[edit on 4-4-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

*Staff Edit - Removed Inappropriate Remarks.*

[edit on 4/4/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR
Why not post a little bit on the topic?

Ok, I'll do just that.

Don't you think is sickly ironic and inconsistent that while you rail against the lawlessness of the President, you advocate your own lawlessness by calling for his assassination???

I think that's sick.

Frankly, I see no difference between the attitude of your posts and the world view I presume the President has...

Nice job being part of the problem.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar
War crimes?

BOOOOOO.

Please tell me you were being sarcastic when you said this...Everybody on the planet knows this illegal invasion had ZERO to do with anything related to "freedom"...That was just another "theme" these criminals concocted after their WMD lies were exposed...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I was out of the loop for a while...,

Well, now we see where fear comes into the picture. I'm sure you truly believe what you say about 'bad form' and 'secret service' and spreading freedom and the like. But this thread just died as far as I'm concerned.

The topic was the saintly president bush and his holy mission of sparkles and sunshine. How foolish of me to pi$#s on your parade.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

I feel like I'm living in the midieval times with a ruthless royalty decimating and abusing the peons.

The worst part is this criminal Congress is completely complicit and actually aiding and abetting the admin in these crimes against humanity...And make no mistake, THEY ARE GUILTY OF WAR CRIMES!

The Medeival Era is exactly what they are shooting for...everything for them and nothing for anybody else. The ultimate 'right' to declare death for anyone who tries to reign them in, is but an added perk.

As for war crimes...there are many who do not yet realize just how many they are guilty of.

This is an older thread from 2006, however, there were quite a few links included that would support the fact that they are guilty of massive war crimes.

Could Bush Stand Trial as a War Criminal?

I've got to get offline for a little while, but I will look in on this thread later.

Star and flag for you my friend.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowEyes

That's a great thread...Man, there sure were a slew of Bush defenders back then...Glad to see that people have finally woken up to what an endless nightmare these crooks are. The hits just don't stop with their contempt for the law and the people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join