It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilotless Drones to Battle Pot Growers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

Do you think the government really cares about people getting hurt killed hiking through the forest? The chances of that are slim, because these are remote areas, not areas right on hiking trails. Secondly, they don't care about the forest getting damaged, because if a developer wants to build a subdivision in that forest, you bet they will approve that in a heart beat, more tax dollars and income.

It doesn't come down to personal safety or the environment, but strictly money to be made on the situation.

Just like where I live they have 2 red light cameras up generating a million dollars a piece annually. Now they want to install 20 more for peoples "personal safety"......right

[snip] Red light cameras are operated by those who speed, not the government. That revenue wouldn't be made if society wasn't full of law breakers who think they have the right to turn a road into a death trap. Just think for a second, (I know, it's hard, but you'll figure out how with practice) positive punishment (fines, tickets) is given to those who speed, and if they do it enough and rack up enough points they have their licenses taken away (negative punishment) and surprise, surprise, they are not generating money for the government any more. It is for the safety of everyone else on the road, not for the safety of the criminal who is putting others in danger by getting on the tail of a soccer mom and then zooming past and cutting her off, or speeding blindly through an intersection. NO, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CORRELATIONS BETWEEN SPEEDING AND TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS THAT INVOLVE DEATH AND DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY.

IMAGINE THAT, CRIMINALS PAY FOR THEIR CRIMES!

As for the forest, I don't even know what you are getting at. You seem to be throwing around red herrings to avoid talking about the real central point here: Growing marijuana is illegal, and allowing people to grow it (presumably you would just have them completely IGNORE it) puts wildlife and the environment at risk in various subtle ways. Not to mention that it is also ILLEGAL to TRESPASS in most REMOTE AREAS of a NATIONAL FOREST.

Mod Note: Terms And Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/4/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

Pebbles in a pot with copper pipe sticking out can distrupt radar!? WOW.

Sarcasm - off.

And a Predator UAV doesn't have radar.

[edit on 5/4/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think this is less about the pot fields and more about the invasion of privacy. The US could accomplish several things by growing hemp; bio diesel could be made out of the oil from the seeds, hundreds of products from the rest of the plant and the crop could be replenished every season.

Sorry, this is just another way to waste money and invade privacy.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If there were not some care about the safety of the people who help to generate money for that government there would be no laws against murder.

If they did not care for the well being of the national forests they would have clear cut them already for the wood and agricultural land.

I go off the trails most of the time when I go into the forests. The forest is there to enjoy and to provide shelter for many animals. Kind of hard to take as much in when you stick to the trails.

I agree our government is about greed and has some pretty bad points to it. But it in itself is not entirely evil as you have made it out to be. It is not entirely evil because we still have some say very little but some say. It is the people that help to keep things in place in many cases.

Drones have been flying over the U.S. for years now.
news.yahoo.com...
www.local10.com...
These flying over the forests are not much different. Where was your anger about wasted tax dollars then? Why not focus a large protest at that time if it is such a waste?

Now two years after drone have been in the U.S. skies there is an uproar because they want to catch people growing pot?

While I think that flying drones over the U.S. is pushing the nanny state issue I don’t see why there has not been this big of an uproar about them until pot growing is mentioned.

How is this a money issue for the government when they could make far more money by flattening the forests to start with as you pretty much mentioned?

As for you stop light cameras well that is another issue. Kind of hard to get a ticket for going through a red light when you stop or go through it when green. It is not the federal government that is getting that revenue either but more so your local government. Ever been almost hit or hit by someone running a red light? Seems kind of a real safety issue to me. Besides you are out in public so it is not like your privacy rights are violated. How are you going to protect yourself when you are in a wheel chair or brain dead due to someone running a red light? Better yet how will you help to protect your family?

As for the forest thing again, these could also be used to prosecute poachers. Those growing fields of pot are not growing it for personal use, which would be a few plants. Fields are for selling purposes. I have never met anyone who can smoke fields of the stuff that fast by themselves.

As I said if you want to grow do it in your own place not the forests.

Raist

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join