It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEAKED-Diebold Accident Releases the Results of SHAM 2008 Election!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

LEAKED-Diebold Accident Releases the Results of SHAM 2008 Election!

MUST WATCH VIDEO BELOW!
Some of the people at this voting precinct have reported to have seen the accidentally leaked DIEBOLD election results for the 2008 Presidential Election, looks like the people at DIEBOLD make a big OOPPS!

â–ºThe leak show that the following is set to win the election:

JOHN MCCAIN

Here's the video link captured, please save it in case it gets deleted!

Diebold Accidentally Leaks Results Of 2008 Election Early

DIEBOLD LEAKED VIDEO...
DIEBOLD LEAKED VIDEO...

Ok no its not a real video of a real leak, it is a video by The Onion Network. This website puts on satire and comedic videos and news stories.

However, this does bring up some very good talking points, the reason The Onion does some of their stuff, is to draw out peoples opinions, to try to awaken discussion and awareness of the topics, in my view anyway.

What better way to do that but with entertainment, comedy, satire...
The video story and mock interview is based on FACT and reports of DIEBOLD election machines being hacked and compromised in the recent past.

What do you think?

(a) IMPOSSIBLE. Our Government would never do that.

(b) POSSIBLE. Theres a possibility this may happen, or at least some vote skewing.

(c) LIKELY. Its already done, just need the 2008 election to take place now.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Dude, its the Onion....are you not aware that the Onion is a satirical news site?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Yes, I am aware, thats why I posted the text below the video link, you must have missed it since I intentionally hid it from view for unsuspecting readers.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Yes but that OP thought it was a real genuine news story, I posted mine as a gage of what people think concerning the satire of that video, and whether or not (in a poll) this possibly being true (or some form of it being true).

[edit on 4-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think the onion folks are careless to do this but at the same maybe they did it to stir the pot just a bit, fully well knowing people have become so gullible that they will believe anything if it's repeated over and over.
Satire should be funny but in this case it is a waste of time and not worth responding to. But by not repsonding will leave it unchecked and people will be very easily taken in thus allowing seeds of lies to be planted.

top topics

join