It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

special forces olympics ??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dep103
I've been following this site for some time, but this thread caused me to join and respond.

I've trained with the Rangers,FBI, GSG9 and a host of local L.E. teams. Most of you know enough about SOG's to look stupid. No one will ever settle on whose the best team. Nationalism will always rear its ugly head, far as I'm concerned the best team is the one who has my back.

By the way my favorite Carlos Hathcock movie was "Rear Sniper Window"... Dummy

I was making a comparison between special forces based upon performances in missions, selection processes required to join the force, endurance capability, operating time behind enemy lines without resupply, and the 'heroes' of the force and what they achieved.

I strongly suggest Daggers Drawn by Mike Morgan for SAS/SBS reading on heros
The Quiet Soldier, by Adam Ballinger details TA 21 SAS selection very well, and First Into Action by Duncan Falconer details SBS selection and missions extremely well...

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I was making a comparison between special forces based upon performances in missions, selection processes required to join the force, endurance capability, operating time behind enemy lines without resupply, and the 'heroes' of the force and what they achieved.

No, you were trying to show how much of a SAS/SBS gouppie that you are. Maybe you should change your title to SAS/SBS expert (ha) since you know little about the other SF teams out there?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Look's like he know's more than you Cool Hand. I've seen him post oodle's of info, yet all you've been posting is criticism and insult's. You haven't posted nearly as much of what you claim to know in comparison to what he has posted. Your so sure he's dead wrong, then prove it, don't insult him, especially when he's posting 10x's the info you are on the subject ...

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
No, I support them because I think they are a lot fitter, have much better endurance, and are trained to a higher standard.
I used to be a big 'fan' of the SEALs and LRRPs, LRPs, and A-Teams (Vietnam), and I've read a lot of heart-touching stories about them, etc... I have the utmost respect for what the SEALs were doing in Vietnam, etc, and I'm sorry about the losses they took....
I just think the SAS have the potential to do the job better in a given context. A good example of this is the Iranian Embassy seige. A friend's uncle was the RSM of the 22 SAS at the Embassy.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha
No, I support them because I think they are a lot fitter, have much better endurance, and are trained to a higher standard.

I don't agree with that. Have you ever actually seen what kind of exercises SEALs do and how often they do them?

I just think the SAS have the potential to do the job better in a given context. A good example of this is the Iranian Embassy seige. A friend's uncle was the RSM of the 22 SAS at the Embassy.

For crying out loud, just look at how much we spend on SF vs how much England spends on it.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Money doesnt make things better. You can throw a hell of a lot of technology at a soldier but it doesnt mean they can use it 100% effeciently or that they are any better than someone without it...

The Orr Kelly SEALs book is going to take a few weeks to get here. I look forward to reading it.

Edit: How long is it in total, say roughly 3 novels?

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by browha]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yep, my favorite was the third one.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well I look forward to their arrival!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Originally posted by silQ
special FORCES olympics? is that the special olympics but only for the extremely retarded and disfigured ppl?

Best quote ever.
Hands down.
I can see that kid with downs running in place right now but wearing an illfitting SAS uniform and holding a M-16 while running in some Spetznatz boots. Special Forces SPecial Olympics right on.

You forgot that they would also be wearing hockey helmets.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I have heard of this before, in the book "delta force" by Charles Beckwith

in the very back in the epilogue it talks of SF compitions where Delta won 8 times or something, its been awhile since I read it, I check and post back later

(not trying to sound like a Delta groupie)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollyon

Hmmm how do you know that SEAL and Spetsnaz hand to hand training is equal? Also which branch - GRU, Vympel, Alfa...etc,which?
Also I dont know what technique seals use but I know Spetsnaz uses a variaty but the main techinique is SAMBO its a Russian thing only and im totaly sure SEALS dont use it.
So how do you know they are equal?

Seems like every one on this website has been to the army and all sorts of sh*t but I have a feeling that
its kinda ummmmm lie.
But who cares.
As for general Spetsnaz is above - trained in brutality,brute strengh,alot in close combat.
But hell knows who gets lucky,who slips, or who had too much drink the day before.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
being irish and not particulary likeing the british im gonna have to say that there special forces would be the best in the world if for nothing else they had the worlds largest empire for 200 years, with every type of terrain imaginable to fight on, and they did, and they won.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join