It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

special forces olympics ??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I really don't think anyone should have to ask you to please provide examples to support your arguments. This discussion board was meant to be a place where we could get together to more easily discern the TRUTH.

Just so you know, no offense intended in what follows, sorry if any is conveyed.

We are debating whether something is true at the moment, I believe it is, some believe it isnt. Examples are the only way to swing the opinion. I have provided ample example FOR the Special Forces 'Olympics' (the apostrophes because that may be the incorrect term, I dont know what it's officially called) but nothing against...

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

And if, like Nerdling, you choose to base an assumption about myself or anyone on the amount of ATS points they have, remember three things:

Also, I dont see the point you're making about the ATS points, please elaborate....
Just so you know, I dont judge on the amount of points. In the end, what are points? Ultimately I only ever wanted points to get into RATS and lighten up my avatar/mini profile abit.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
We are debating whether something is true at the moment, I believe it is, some believe it isnt. Examples are the only way to swing the opinion. I have provided ample example FOR the Special Forces 'Olympics' (the apostrophes because that may be the incorrect term, I dont know what it's officially called) but nothing against...

Personally I think the only thing that you have proven is that you don't know what you are talking about, and that you refuse to listen to other people's facts. You'd rather just live in your little dream world where what you say is the truth.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I've provided sources. If you dont want to go read the sources then dont bother arguing?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Out of interest, Cool Hand, what are your qualifications to be posting about this?
I've told you mine, family friends, friends' relatives, what I read in books...
What are yours?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
Out of interest, Cool Hand, what are your qualifications to be posting about this?
I've told you mine, family friends, friends' relatives, what I read in books...
What are yours?

First of all I do not buy yours. You may know people who are involved with SF, ie they cook for them or do their admin work.

My qualifications, active duty military member in the US Navy.

Shouldn't you be in bed by now little boy?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Degrading ourselves to personal insults I see.
I personally know... 3 or 4 people who were DEFINITELY SAS, one served 15+ years.
I am friends with... maybe 4 people who have direct family relations who have been in the SAS AND written books about their experiences.
I have also read perhaps upwards of 100 books about the SEALs, LRRPs, LRPs, A-Teams, SAS, SBS, Green Berets, and Rangers.

At least I'll live in the comfort of knowing that you will probably die before me?.

edit:
I also, as previously said, am accquainted (my father has known him for 20ish years) with a senior Mi5 officer.
I have friends who intend to join the feeder units for the aforementioned British special forces, and I know how tough they are mentally and physically, and my father is friends with some of the top British generals who were involved in the Second Gulf War.

I have family connections beyond your dreams, what were you in the navy?

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by browha]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Degrading ourselves to personal insults I see.
I personally know... 3 or 4 people who were DEFINITELY SAS, one served 15+ years.

Okay, what capacity did they serve? I am pretty sure that if they were operators, that they would not be telling a kid stories from there exploits.

I am friends with... maybe 4 people who have direct family relations who have been in the SAS AND written books about their experiences.

Define friends with?

I have also read perhaps upwards of 100 books about the SEALs, LRRPs, LRPs, A-Teams, SAS, SBS, Green Berets, and Rangers.

That is great, I am sure that those books were nothing but accurate facts. I am curious as to who wrote these books. We may have read some of the same stuff.

At least I'll live in the comfort of knowing that you will probably die before me?.

Based on the fact that you admitted that you are not in the best of shape, I doubt that.

To bed with you before I tell your parents.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What capacity they served - Active front line. Oman, Falklands, that type.
Friends with? People I know, people I trust, and I see upwards of 30 times a week.
Read books by Andy McNab (not too keen on his Bravo Two Zero, I read Michael Asher's Real Bravo Two Zero which paints a more interesting picture), Duncan Falconer, Chris Ryan, Gary Linderer, Larry Gwin (though he was Air Cavalry in Vietnam), Pete Scholey, Mike Curtis, need I go on?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yeah, where are all these books you read about American SF?

Seems to me that you need to expand your library a little.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Gary Linderer's books are about the LRRPs in Vietnam.
I have read Alfred Hitchcock's book (spelling?) about sniping...
I've got a lot more at home, I cant recall titles/authors off the top of my head, it's been a while since I read them. I used to be very interested in the SEALs/A-Team when I was younger.
Maj Nick Rowe (not sure if that's his first name) - Five Years to Freedom
and a book written by one of his friends mentioned in his book, about A-Teams.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Okay, too bad you did not get anything out of reading them.

I recommdend Orr Kelly's series on the history of the SEALs, maybe that will set you straight.

If not, then pick up the making of BUD/S class 234.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I didnt get anything out of reading them?
Hell they were practically my early life inspiration... I only went into the SAS book line BECAUSE I read about these SEALs..
Trust me, I have read more books about Special Forces than you

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I didnt get anything out of reading them?
Hell they were practically my early life inspiration... I only went into the SAS book line BECAUSE I read about these SEALs..
Trust me, I have read more books about Special Forces than you

I doubt that, reading is one thing.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I think you might be referring to CARLOS HATHCOCK?

Alfred Hitchcock was not a sniper, he was a horror/mystery writer and movie maker. VERTIGO? THE BIRDS?

Unless you're talking about Final Cut. NOT a military script whatsoever.

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I've been following this site for some time, but this thread caused me to join and respond.

I've trained with the Rangers,FBI, GSG9 and a host of local L.E. teams. Most of you know enough about SOG's to look stupid. No one will ever settle on whose the best team. Nationalism will always rear its ugly head, far as I'm concerned the best team is the one who has my back.

By the way my favorite Carlos Hathcock movie was "Rear Sniper Window"... Dummy

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
special FORCES olympics? is that the special olympics but only for the extremely retarded and disfigured ppl?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
special FORCES olympics? is that the special olympics but only for the extremely retarded and disfigured ppl?

Best quote ever.
Hands down.
I can see that kid with downs running in place right now but wearing an illfitting SAS uniform and holding a M-16 while running in some Spetznatz boots. Special Forces SPecial Olympics right on.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
what is the problem? The guy is telling you it may NOT even be called the special forces olympics. It might be under a different name. And from what I've been seing you post cool hand, you sound more like a wannabe who has read a few books about the military. Do sum research and prove the guy wrong if your so damned sure. I haven't seen anything worth while from your side of the argument. He's posted ton's that make's me believe him, even though my search has turned up nothing. Which could mean it isn't widely talked about. Hence, lack of information.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I think you might be referring to CARLOS HATHCOCK?

Alfred Hitchcock was not a sniper, he was a horror/mystery writer and movie maker. VERTIGO? THE BIRDS?

Unless you're talking about Final Cut. NOT a military script whatsoever.

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by DeltaChaos]

Yes, sorry, I meant Carlos...
Good book! Very impressive

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join